The Pittsburgh Penguins Elite Discussion

31 minutes ago, ChiefKeef said:

You’re a joke and you deserve to be exposed.  You absolutely deserve to have people calling you out on it ‘bud’. 

I’m a joke??? Calling me out? My name isn’t PPE, Lemieux, Moorehouse, etc…

I have 2 kids that play. My son who I never wanted to be a part of PPE and my daughter who is. Girls side much different. I have no reason to attack, or defend the boys program. I was engaging in what I was hoping would be a productive discussion on the topic. I see you have no desire to do that but instead want to keep repeating the same thing over and over again while lobbing personal insults. 

Edited by Jkersman01
fixed the quote

Edit: Out of the 17 more than a few were goalies too.  Or the Mooney’s and Cooleys. BTW You should be paying that family royalties for what they did for you hacks.  We all know the pedigree and who developed those kids.  Wasn’t you chumps.  Sweat off the brow of the men in that family.  If anyone involved had half the intuition they would be asking  someone in that family to run the program all together.  Everyone in Pittsburgh with a kid that plays hockey would be salivating at the chance to get their kid there. 

Then you have to balls to list Ty Voit on your player advancement lol Also one of the 17.  Didn’t his Dad tell you to go fuck yourselves?  Wasn’t he the pioneer of the exodus of Pittsburgh kids from the program.   The original badass.  Dude needs a statue.  

Edited by ChiefKeef

23 hours ago, ChiefKeef said:

They can claim a significant hand in roughly 17 kids getting D1 commitments between 2012 and 2023.  ‘Significant hand’ meaning the kid played there for more than 2 years.  They have a player advancement page that is beefed up beyond belief with hornets players,  kids who spent a year or two at PPE,  and kids who flat out left the program and spent teenage years elsewhere. 

The majority of D1 commitments from the Penguins Elite___ per their own website___ are not kids who played squirt and peewee hockey there nor are they players who spent significant time in the program.  This can all be verified by viewing these players Elite prospects pages.

2012-2023, 11 years, 17 kids. 1.5 player commitment a season average. Compared to the amount of time and money required to partake in that program__ that’s a joke. 

Just quoting so those who are just joining can see the current topic (=

chief king is obsessed and jealous. goodness get a life!!! you post the same thing over and over. no one cares. people want to play at ppe. and obviously you would have loved your kid to have had the opportunity and can’t get over the burn. geez bud it’s pretty pathetic 

he thinks he has a savvy comeback by accusing anyone who had a good experience at PPE of working there??!! it’s actually comical

ya every other organization only lists kids who have played in that organization for entire career. what a ridiculous point. i can also name several kids with D1 offers who are currently playing juniors that are not listed on the website yet. oh wait - but they didn’t play PPE from nite through midget so maybe PPE shouldn’t list them anyway. not

Edited by hockey2020

38 minutes ago, hockey2020 said:

chief king is obsessed and jealous. goodness get a life!!! you post the same thing over and over. no one cares. people want to play at ppe. and obviously you would have loved your kid to have had the opportunity and can’t get over the burn. geez bud it’s pretty pathetic 

Any hot squirt moms on the menu lately?  

Edited by ChiefKeef

22 hours ago, Jkersman01 said:

I’m a joke??? Calling me out? My name isn’t PPE, Lemieux, Moorehouse, etc…

I have 2 kids that play. My son who I never wanted to be a part of PPE and my daughter who is. Girls side much different. I have no reason to attack, or defend the boys program. I was engaging in what I was hoping would be a productive discussion on the topic. I see you have no desire to do that but instead want to keep repeating the same thing over and over again while lobbing personal insults. 

21 hours ago, hockey2020 said:

he thinks he has a savvy comeback by accusing anyone who had a good experience at PPE of working there??!! it’s actually comical

ya every other organization only lists kids who have played in that organization for entire career. what a ridiculous point. i can also name several kids with D1 offers who are currently playing juniors that are not listed on the website yet. oh wait - but they didn’t play PPE from nite through midget so maybe PPE shouldn’t list them anyway. not

And over and over and over. 

‘but but I’m just a guy who had a kid there… I don’t care about them but you better realize that there are so many recruitment years and you’re just jealous and there are kids I know in juniors who have commitments and I know for a fact that the list on the pens website is not accurate because there are more kids who aren’t on there.  I only pop up here when the they are the topic and I want to explain my masturbatory excellent experience with them. I don’t work for the them’.

Got it BUD

Edited by ChiefKeef
  • Like 1

I think a lot of us care about that group exploiting and taking advantage of local families.  So we can run it back as often as we need to to inform the uneducated. Informing with data straight from their website.  Pittsburgh had a good thing with the hornets.  We would like that format back.  That format is responsible for all the posters on the wall of hometown stories at the  rink.  Or the posters that current staff would like you to believe was their doing.  Smoke and mirrors for the mite parents.  What better description of that place than smoke and mirrors.  

It’s wild how when the hornets were the program__Locals were getting opportunity after opportunity in masses.  They get taken over an d all the sudden there’s way less local kids making the jump.  Why were the hornets absurdly successful with kids moving on?  Then that pace just…. stopped…. when they were taken over?  What happened?  

Edited by ChiefKeef

30 minutes ago, ChiefKeef said:

I think a lot of us care about that group exploiting and taking advantage of local families.  So we can run it back as often as we need to to inform the uneducated. Informing with data straight from their website.  Pittsburgh had a good thing with the hornets.  We would like that format back.  That format is responsible for all the posters on the wall of hometown stories at the UPMC rink.  Or the posters that PPE would like you to believe had a shred of anything to do with them. 

It’s wild how when the hornets were the program__Locals were getting opportunity after opportunity in masses.  PPE shows up and all the sudden there’s way less local kids making the jump.  Why were the hornets absurdly successful with kids moving on?  Then that pace just…. stopped…. when they were taken over?  What happened?  

What were the opportunity after opportunities that you are comparing to, so we have some frame of reference.

18 hours ago, carroll81 said:

Any numbers to match up to the numbers you posted for PPE?

I can only speak from memory.  Unfortunately the hornets info does not exist online anymore. If it ever did?  That’s pretty common knowledge, their successes,   I’m sure you know that.  Or you can use the current teams player advancement site,  where a lot of the names were players who were mostly developed by the hornets.  

Not sure what your angle is.  I’ll tell you mine though.  Current format sucks at development and I posted all the resources you need in this thread. 

I know the old hornets convo always brings out the old heads who may have not liked them.  Tale as old as time on this board.  You can’t deny their results.  Undoubtedly they had bullshit going on within,  every program does.  There’s a lot of goofy shit that happens everywhere.  The program I’m alluding to is far beyond general hockey ‘bullshit’,   unfortunately. 

Edited by ChiefKeef

8 hours ago, ChiefKeef said:

And over and over and over. 

‘but but I’m just a guy who had a kid there… I don’t care about them but you better realize that there are so many recruitment years and you’re just jealous and there are kids I know in juniors who have commitments and I know for a fact that the list on the pens website is not accurate because there are more kids who aren’t on there.  I only pop up here when the pens are the topic and I want to explain my masturbatory excellent experience with them. I don’t work for the pens.’ 

Got it BUD

you are so persuasive - a sherlock holmes - you got it i’m a spy employee for pens!!!! ya i pop up cause i get a kick out of the obsession you have. an adult who is still this sour on this topic so many years later. news for you - there is a line out the door at pens tryouts every year and no one cares what YOU have to say. you have no experience there. just a guy outside looking in the window. if you only knew …

9 hours ago, Saucey said:

Ok , I stand corrected, a handful of people still REALLY care about PPE. ?

LOL I knew the chum I threw out there was good but underestimated how many would be circling to feed.  

Oh, and yesterday at UPMC I saw a Chevy Suburban with a Lil 66'ers Elite sticker on the back window.  Yikes.

Edited by fafa fohi
  • ROTF 1
  • Epic 2

Hornets had a rule in place that allowed a max of 3 out of town kids on any team. PPE adopted that rule when the Hornets were taken over. Morehouse abolished that rule because he thought it more important for his son to win a national championship. At that moment the goal of the organization went from developing Pittsburgh kids to winning banners. Almost all the current coaches were brought in to recruit the areas they come from. They do a good job recruiting. Not one has a resume of developing hockey players. They don't give 2 shits about developing your child!! They only care about job security and the inflated paychecks they could never earn anywhere else. Why do you think they ran off the GOOD Pittsburgh coaches that have been there. Mooney, Zeiler, Taibi, etc... Wise up people!

• 100 1

20 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

How would that work for Shattuck and BK?

And this is the Moorehouse argument. How is my kids team going to compete with Shattuck, BK, Mount, etc... Im not judging that decision. People around here just need to understand they've clearly picked what side of that argument they stand on. So like I said they don't give 2 shits about your kids development. They only need the younger levels to fund the recruiting.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Carl Racki said:

If the goal was to have a local top 30 team that is affordable then they certainly failed. 

This was the alleged plan "to make Tier 1 Hockey more affordable to everyone". And then the mastermind realized not only could he bulldoze a path for his kid but he could also make a S**T ton of money in the process. And then local hockey became a battle of who could spend more money.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChiefKeef said:

I can only speak from memory.  Unfortunately the hornets info does not exist online anymore. If it ever did?  That’s pretty common knowledge, their successes,   I’m sure you know that.  Or you can use the Pens player advancement site,  where a lot of the names were players who were mostly developed by the hornets.  The pens just happened to take over in there last year or two. 

Not sure what your angle is.  I’ll tell you mine though.  PPE sucks at development and I posted all the resources you need in this thread. 

I know the old hornets convo always brings out the old heads who may have not liked them.  Tale as old as time on this board.  You can’t deny their results.  Undoubtedly they had bullshit going on within,  every program does.  There’s a lot of goofy shit that happens everywhere.  The program I’m alluding to is far beyond general hockey ‘bullshit’,   unfortunately. 

I have not been around enough to have any of that "common knowledge", that is why I asked.  Just looking for points of comparison.

3 hours ago, RoyalTraveller said:

Hornets had a rule in place that allowed a max of 3 out of town kids on any team. PPE adopted that rule when the Hornets were taken over. Morehouse abolished that rule because he thought it more important for his son to win a national championship. At that moment the goal of the organization went from developing Pittsburgh kids to winning banners. Almost all the current coaches were brought in to recruit the areas they come from. They do a good job recruiting. Not one has a resume of developing hockey players. They don't give 2 shits about developing your child!! They only care about job security and the inflated paychecks they could never earn anywhere else. Why do you think they ran off the GOOD Pittsburgh coaches that have been there. Mooney, Zeiler, Taibi, etc... Wise up people!

That rule (only 3 out of towners) bit the dust around 2015-2016.  All of a sudden the PPE girls teams started being >66% out of town girls, and routinely only around 5-7 in total would be at practices.  My daughter got a TON out of those workout practices (couldn't do any teamwork stuff), but it was a joke.  Girls would fly in to wherever that weekend's tourney was, and would play only those games together.  Little cohesiveness as a unit and not much bonding as they were never together more than a few hours. 

My daughter switched to D2 AA hockey and had WAY MORE fun and made much more progress than on the PPE.  On PPE she was 4th line.  On AA she was first line, PP, and PK and got recruited to play college hockey.  So, no I don't feel like PPE does much of anything for local kids.

Edited by Wes
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, forbin said:

Does anyone know any player that started with PPE in 2012 and has since played exclusively with them until aging out? There has to be a few right?

Morehouse’s kid - drafted by every major junior leauge, ends up playing in the ncdc.