The Pittsburgh Penguins Elite Discussion

10 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

I actually think Ice Castle would have a chance to be a competitor but they would need to totally scrap and revamp their program.  What they are doing now is producing very few competitive teams and they really don't seem to develop the players at all (from what i can see from the outside).  I know several people who have been on (several different) teams.there 3-5 years who constantly complain about it.   Still not sure why they continue to go back but I almost never hear anything good.  

True.

Preds AAA Tier 1 teams are currently ranked nationally as follows:  

U18 - 107th out of 127 teams.  

U16 - 107th out of 123 teams.

U15 - 103rd out of 115 teams.

2008 - 79th out of 113 teams

2009 - 77th.

I would love to hear from those that have kids on any of these teams and provide some insight as to their level of satisfaction.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

True.

2009 - 77th.

I would love to hear from those that have kids on any of these teams and provide some insight as to their level of satisfaction.

I'll echo what others have said on here and what I've heard is that they don't develop the talent, that practices are very unorganized...whatever that means.  I guess, in general, those that I've talked to are very unhappy with the practice structure.  

12 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

I'll echo what others have said on here and what I've heard is that they don't develop the talent, that practices are very unorganized...whatever that means.  I guess, in general, those that I've talked to are very unhappy with the practice structure.  

I’ve also heard the amount of practice ice and amount of full ice practice leaves something to be desired.  This was second-hand though, so take it for what it is worth.

2 hours ago, Lucky17 said:

I’ve also heard the amount of practice ice and amount of full ice practice leaves something to be desired.  This was second-hand though, so take it for what it is worth.

You are right on there!  I've heard the same thing about lack of practice ice through all the AAA and AA teams.  They can't deliver what they are selling.

7 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

True.

2009 - 77th.

It looks even worse when you select “all” not just tier 1, Espically U18. Lowly Pahl teams ranked higher. 

• ROTF 1