"Real" AAA

1 hour ago, Danner27 said:

Didn’t realize it’s that time of the year already! Take a look at midget minor & midget major. Culver hasn’t played enough games yet, they will take a top 6 spot for the tournament. As usual the vengance & predators are already out of the tournement sitting in dead last. No icemen this year ? 

8 hours ago, Ihearthockey said:

I can't believe there's even a discussion about these rankings after the first release.  Let's revisit these in about 8 weeks.  

Yes this is hilarious ?.   It is the first week.  A lot of these teams will drop a lot!  Check back at the end of December. 

Now back to the 2008 Pens and Vengeance fighting that no one cares about except those parents.  Both good teams with their own issues.  

Just kidding.  Please drop it.  I thought we finished the blah blah of both two years ago.  Let it go people!

• 100 1

10 hours ago, Carl Racki said:

Yes this is hilarious ?.   It is the first week.  A lot of these teams will drop a lot!  Check back at the end of December. 

Carl didn't you previously say that it will be interesting when the rankings come out? All people are doing here is getting an initial gauge. Most of these teams have 5-10 games in so there is already some good data. But yes, the rankings will get more accurate over the course of the season.

The interesting thing to me is how often Preds and SHAHA teams are ranked higher than Esmark. I'm not saying anything bad about Esmark, but I think this just shows that the talent/depth in the south hills is way stronger than anywhere else in the city. A tier 1 organization in the south would do ridiculously well.

Half of the Pens, Esmark, and Vengeance teams are south hills kids driving crazy distances. And then there is still enough talent left in the south hills to field Preds and SHAHA teams that rank higher than Esmark.

11 minutes ago, RJUSHL said:

Carl didn't you previously say that it will be interesting when the rankings come out? All people are doing here is getting an initial gauge. Most of these teams have 5-10 games in so there is already some good data. But yes, the rankings will get more accurate over the course of the season.

The interesting thing to me is how often Preds and SHAHA teams are ranked higher than Esmark. I'm not saying anything bad about Esmark, but I think this just shows that the talent/depth in the south hills is way stronger than anywhere else in the city. A tier 1 organization in the south would do ridiculously well.

Half of the Pens, Esmark, and Vengeance teams are south hills kids driving crazy distances. And then there is still enough talent left in the south hills to field Preds and SHAHA teams that rank higher than Esmark.

It looks like every aaa team Shaha has is ranked significantly higher than esmark 

22 hours ago, Ihearthockey said:

I can't believe there's even a discussion about these rankings after the first release.  Let's revisit these in about 8 weeks.  

That's no fun!  What would we have to talk about right now?  We have to be complaining about some team or organization that doesn't belong! Right?

5 hours ago, RJUSHL said:

Until midget when all those south hills kids head to esmark if they can’t make ppe. 

31 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Until midget when all those south hills kids head to esmark if they can’t make ppe. 

You mean the Esmark teams that are worse than their current SHAHA, Preds, or Vengeance teams?

It is kinda crazy that for BY 06-09 SHAHA has better teams than Esmark. SHAHA must be doing something right.

Edited by RJUSHL

20 minutes ago, RJUSHL said:

You mean the Esmark teams that are worse than their current SHAHA, Preds, or Vengeance teams?

It is kinda crazy that for BY 06-09 SHAHA has better teams than Esmark. SHAHA must be doing something right.

Nobody is scouting shaha. It’s been happening for years. The shaha tier 2 bantam national champs a few years ago fractured in half when midget came, some of those kids went to esmark. A few of them have since made real junior teams.

At midget ppe>esmark>everyone else. 

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Nobody is scouting shaha. It’s been happening for years. The shaha tier 2 bantam national champs a few years ago fractured in half when midget came, some of those kids went to esmark. A few of them have since made real junior teams.

At midget ppe>esmark>everyone else. 

The 06 and 07 teams are midget and SHAHA is definitely better at 06 and currently ranked better at 07. If we are talking u18 it's meaningless anyway according to this board.  You either are in the NHL or need to play beer league at that point. ?

• Like 2
  • ROTF 1

9 hours ago, RJUSHL said:

The fact that you don't understand rankings this early mean next to nothing tells me all I need to know about how knowledgeable your are.   

They will change significantly by the end of December.  I don't know who is better SHAHA, Preds, Esmark,....  Don't really care.   I will say none will be in the top 40 by December and are not legit AAA in my opinion.  You must have kid on one of these faux teams and actually think they are AAA

14 minutes ago, Carl Racki said:

The fact that you don't understand rankings this early mean next to nothing tells me all I need to know about how knowledgeable your are.   

They will change significantly by the end of December.  I don't know who is better SHAHA, Preds, Esmark,....  Don't really care.   I will say none will be in the top 40 by December and are not legit AAA in my opinion.  You must have kid on one of these faux teams and actually think they are AAA

No to pick too many bones here but the SHAHA 06 Team has split with pens Elite this year and was #42 last year and tou don't think they are AAA?  Seriously wondering for clarification on your position. 

32 minutes ago, Carl Racki said:

I know all the grumpy and unhappy people hate MHR, but it's pretty accurate, even with just 5-10 games in the system. Not perfect, but pretty good. It'll change some, but it's much less than you appear to believe.

34 minutes ago, Carl Racki said:

I will say none will be in the top 40 by December and are not legit AAA in my opinion.  You must have kid on one of these faux teams and actually think they are AAA

...old man yells at cloud...

15 hours ago, Carl Racki said:

”None will be in the top 40 by December and are not legit AA in my opinion.”

You seem to have pretty strong opinions on teams I am betting you have never seen play.

Edited by fafa fohi

It gets old. Scroll through two people just insulting each other....more insults...two people acting Insane about kids hockey...oh, a nugget of something worth thinking about....more insults....we can do better. 

This board is better than Michigan's, however.

I'm always surprised by the negativity on this forum. Many people on here just seem angry and love to point out how terrible the various local organizations are, how everything sucks, Pittsburgh hockey is doomed, parents are all idiots, and the kids have no talent. I guess it makes some people feel good to knock others down a peg or two? Or maybe it makes them feel smart? I can't imagine having that type of outlook.

• Like 1

Remember the premise that The King and Danner27 were the same person?

Anyone?

Also, haven't seen the Michigan board but the one that was removed about 10 years ago for Ontario and mainly the GTHL was the most insanity I've ever seen. Not only do they take the game seriously, they also take being ruthless seriously as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

Remember the premise that The King and Danner27 were the same person?

Anyone?

Also, haven't seen the Michigan board but the one that was removed about 10 years ago for Ontario and mainly the GTHL was the most insanity I've ever seen. Not only do they take the game seriously, they also take being ruthless seriously as well.

Pretty sure most here knew who the king was - thus the reason he requested all his posts taken down. 

I disliked the guy here but some times his posts were spot on. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Saucey said:

It gets old. Scroll through two people just insulting each other....more insults...two people acting Insane about kids hockey...oh, a nugget of something worth thinking about....more insults....we can do better. 

This board is better than Michigan's, however.

This board has basically turned into “which AAA team is faux today.”  Time and place for that?  Yes. But it’s getting pretty stale. It’s expected though. That’s the self created pinnacle of these people’s existence when it comes to living through their kids. 

• Like 2
  • 100 1