Final PAHL division chart

Could someone post this? The final one is out there. I know we have a bunch of coaches and org board members in here. I only have bits and pieces from screenshots texted to me.

Appeal games are always interesting. I’m sure we’ll see some of those this weekend. 

Edited by RJUSHL

46 minutes ago, Wes said:

Thoughts:  16 & 18 divisions look down in # of teams from just a few years ago.  Huge amount of teams at 14 and 12.  Girls 19u also half the # of teams from just a few years back.

Many players are opting to play High School hockey only, more so now than any time I can recall.  

• Like 1

Overall # of teams have dropped since 2019 - 2020 season, but the decrease is mostly at the Squirt level.

16&18U --- from 58 (2019) to 64 (2022)

14U            67 to 67

12U            82 to 75

10U            77 to 69

2019 total - 284 teams

2022 total - 275 teams

5 hours ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

9 AA teams for u18, yea ok......... prob should be 4-6 not 9.  bet blowouts happen for sure 

Problem at u18 is that there are 2-3 top teams, then the next 5-6 are all close. Can't have a 3 team division.

Edit: I stand corrected as u19 girls has a 3 team division. Ugh

Edited by Icebucket

8 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Many players are opting to play High School hockey only, more so now than any time I can recall.  

It's because players and parents get tired of all the BS money and travel.  They get tired of going to Texas, Minnesota, Boston, Florida,...  10 times a year to play beer league at the end of the day.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Icebucket said:

Problem at u18 is that there are 2-3 top teams, then the next 5-6 are all close. Can't have a 3 team division.

Edit: I stand corrected as u19 girls has a 3 team division. Ugh

Who are the top 3 at 18u AA? No agenda, I don’t have a kid in this league, I was just wondering.

43 minutes ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

Westmoreland is the sleeper. 

I hope you are right just because the more parody the better, but I watched their game against scir and the two teams were certainly not on the same level.

But it's early in the year, so have to assume at least a couple of the bottom 2/3 teams will figure things out and be in the mix.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carl Racki said:

Yes and No.  They probably wised up and decided to go for a AA National Championship their last year.  

I think this is the case for mt lebo as well. They played AAA last year, and while they weren't a strong tier 1 team, they rated higher than all tier 2 teams. I've seen them play a few games this year and they are just going through the motions in the back half of games.

Edited by Icebucket

6 hours ago, Icebucket said:

I think this is the case for mt lebo as well. They played AAA last year, and while they weren't a strong tier 1 team, they rated higher than all tier 2 teams. I've seen them play a few games this year and they are just going through the motions in the back half of games.

Takes five years to figure out being a low level AAA team and playing only for a ranking isn't much fun. ? I guess Black Bear will change that since their league has playoffs, etc? But still won't be able to compete nationally because you will likely still be a low level AAA team.