A 5 NORTH HILLS  3 0 0 6

B 1 NESHANNOCK 3 0 0 6
B 2 CANEVIN  4 0 0 8
B 3 RINGGOLD 3 0 0 6
B 4 DEER LAKES 4 0 0 8
B 5 CARRICK 2 1 1 5

Who actually does these rankings??

1 hour ago, sadday4hockey said:

This guy literally wrote the book on Western PA HS Hockey and has absolutely no bias towards and past or current HS program. How dare you question his rankings?

It was an informational ask not a put down ask. I was just curious.

8 hours ago, Ihearthockey said:

So 30 percent of the way through the season isn't enough?

Depends. Have the best teams already played each other?  Are there schools that have played weaker schedules to date and are higher in the standings but still have to have the harder teams?  Are there key injuries that, upon their return will be game changers?  

On 11/4/2022 at 8:32 AM, Pa Hockey said:
    PA HOCKEY        
    2022-2023  "AAA AA & A" DIVISION        
    FINAL - WEEK 5        
CLASS DIVISION TEAM W L T PTS

AAA 1 PETERS TOWNSHIP 3 1 0 6
AAA 2 NORTH ALLEGHENY 5 1 0 10
AAA 3 SENECA VALLEY 5 1 0 10
AAA 4 BALDWIN 3 2 0 6
AAA 5 CENTRAL CATHOLIC 4 1 0 8

AA 1 SOUTH FAYETTE 5 0 0 10
AA 2 ARMSTRONG 4 1 0 8
AA 3 BISHOP MCCORT 4 1 0 8
AA 4 PENN TRAFFORD 3 1 0 6
AA 5 LATROBE 2 2 0 4

A 1 GREENSBURG SALEM 5 0 0 10
A 2 NORWIN 5 1 0 10
A 3 QUAKER VALLEY 3 1 0 6
A 4 FOX CHAPEL 5 1 0 10
A 5 NORTH HILLS  3 0 0 6

B 1 NESHANNOCK 3 0 0 6
B 2 CANEVIN  4 0 0 8
B 3 RINGGOLD 3 0 0 6
B 4 DEER LAKES 4 0 0 8
B 5 CARRICK 2 1 1 5

I think the league is pretty wide open for the taking but USC is definitely in the mix.  I would bump Baldwin for USC.  Those five teams all have a great shot this year and to me it seems any of them could do it.  CC is the one I think is least likely of the five.  Just think USC is a real sleeper that can sneak up and get you.

3 hours ago, Carl Racki said:

I think the league is pretty wide open for the taking but USC is definitely in the mix.  I would bump Baldwin for USC.  Those five teams all have a great shot this year and to me it seems any of them could do it.  CC is the one I think is least likely of the five.  Just think USC is a real sleeper that can sneak up and get you.

USC has a couple of very good players, for sure. Most of those teams mentioned do. Baldwin has some excellent goal tending that can steal the show.

I think the team that has more than one line scoring and/or plays some D, which has been missing in these high scoring games, will be in the best position to take it all. Too early to tell right now.

• Like 1

In AAA nobody will touch Peters. They have at least 10 AAA players more than 1/2 are high level AAA. They are murdering teams. The only way they lose going forward is if they miss a Thursday/Friday game for AAA weekend games. They play NA tonight which are temporarily in 1st in the division & PT will destroy them. 

47 minutes ago, Puck01 said:

In AAA nobody will touch Peters. They have at least 10 AAA players more than 1/2 are high level AAA. They are murdering teams. The only way they lose going forward is if they miss a Thursday/Friday game for AAA weekend games. They play NA tonight which are temporarily in 1st in the division & PT will destroy them. 

I think it could actually be interesting with Peters Township. They lost basically all of their defenseman from last year from what I've been told. Maybe still some questions in goal. But it is nice to see some of the better players in the region playing high school hockey. Some of these games are really entertaining with good crowds and riled up student sections. It's great.

They had 4 really good D & lost 2 of them but picked up 1 so it's not as good as last year. That said they have 3 lines that will all score consistently. There top 2 lines are substantially better than every 1st line in all AAA Division. I do not remember a team as stacked on offense as PT this year maybe ever. Sure, maybe better lines back in the Mooney era but not the offensive depth. Fun to watch especially now that most of the games are streamed.  

1 hour ago, Puck01 said:

Wow, ten AAA players, everyone else should just stay home.

Peters dropped one to Seneca, which is close in skill level to a number of other teams.

This year is very different with many teams having a lot of turnover. The 04 BY was so large and the 05 so low, that you have a lot of teams figuring things out yet. It's early.

It will be interesting with Peters. They have the top group of skaters and the top coaching by a pretty good margin, but they might also have the weakest goaltending by that same margin. They won last year being weak in net, so safe to assume they should make a run again this year.

On 11/11/2022 at 9:24 AM, HSFBLJ said:

Peters is the team to beat, I'll agree with that.  USC is good but not one of the top teams.  So far this year Cathedral Prep seems to be the suprise of the season.  

They have one kid. He's scoring all the goals...a lot of them! Like I said, you get more than one line to score in PIHL, you have a good chance at being number one. Peters does have that, but they have their weaknesses, as already mentioned.

Edited by Saucey
Grammer