A 5 NORTH CATHOLIC 5 1 1 11

B 1 CANEVIN  7 0 0 14
B 2 DEER LAKES 5 0 0 10
B 3 NESHANNOCK 4 0 1 9
B 4 RINGGOLD 5 1 0 10
B 5 BURRELL 4 2 0 8

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, retired said:

Sounds like NA is bringing in a kid straight from the Johnstown NAHL team effective immediately. Already on PIHL website roster. Lol rip to Peter's championship hopes

If we were talking about A, I would tend to agree, but AAA teams tend to be deeper and the kid isn't exactly lighting the NAHL on fire. Not that HS hockey is anywhere close to the NAHL, but Peters has some kids who could put up 0 points in 13 NAHL games.

• ROTF 1

11 hours ago, Spear and Magic Helmet said:

If we were talking about A, I would tend to agree, but AAA teams tend to be deeper and the kid isn't exactly lighting the NAHL on fire. Not that HS hockey is anywhere close to the NAHL, but Peters has some kids who could put up 0 points in 13 NAHL games.

Peters doesn’t have anyone near this kids pedigree or talent. This kid has played 1.5 seasons in the NAHL - Pihl varsity aaa is going to move so slow compared to what he’s been playing.

There is an 02 that played half a season in the nahl (he’s in the acha now) he averaged something crazy like 4 points a game in PIHL before going into the nahl and producing nothing when he did get in the line up at 19 years old. Now imagine going backwards in a huge way. The NA kid going from the nahl, were has had some production, WAY down to pihl should have his way out there. it’s almost comical to think peters or anyone in pihl will have comparable players. 

it would be one thing if the kid was like some that Johnstown takes just for the money. gets in a game here and there or yuri gets them in for a look, but this kid last year at 17 years old played 50 games and produced some points on a 4th line in the second best junior league in the states that favors much older kids.   

Curious why this kid is coming to play for NA - did Johnstown cut him ? Burned out ? He’s still young by nahl standards. Seems odd to leave even though he’s not producing much on the score sheet this year.  He’s only 18 years old. He’s got two more seasons there to develop. Would love to hear the story or reasoning behind this. 

The NAHL kid from Johnstown will definitely improve the NA team, he should be one of the top players in AAA possibly the best. The Peters Sophomore has his Pedigree & then some just a couple years younger. As for adding one player even an NAHL player in AAA I doubt that RIP's much of anything but make the shots a bit closer next time they play Peters. Peters beat them 4-1 & out shot them by nearly a 2 to 1 margin. Peters won their last 5 games scoring 30 goals allowing 6 & beat CP, NA & CC which should all finish top 5 in AAA. Should make for an interesting 2nd half of the season. 

2 hours ago, Puck01 said:

The NAHL kid from Johnstown will definitely improve the NA team, he should be one of the top players in AAA possibly the best. The Peters Sophomore has his Pedigree & then some just a couple years younger. As for adding one player even an NAHL player in AAA I doubt that RIP's much of anything but make the shots a bit closer next time they play Peters. Peters beat them 4-1 & out shot them by nearly a 2 to 1 margin. Peters won their last 5 games scoring 30 goals allowing 6 & beat CP, NA & CC which should all finish top 5 in AAA. Should make for an interesting 2nd half of the season. 

I don't know enough to compare the teams overall, but I agree with your assessment of the individual players. The Peters kid has at least the same "pedigree", but he is two years younger which makes a difference.

3 hours ago, Puck01 said:

I don’t know much about the teams, if peters is that much more dominate then everyone else in their class, sure they should still win it. What I am saying - a kid moving all the way down to pihl after 1.5 years of actually playing and contributing in the nahl is going to dominate the ice when he is out there. I still would like to hear why this kid is all sudden going backwards this far. That would be like some u16 ppe top player going down to play u16 Pahl a minor. 

7 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Peters doesn’t have anyone near this kids pedigree or talent. This kid has played 1.5 seasons in the NAHL - Pihl varsity aaa is going to move so slow compared to what he’s been playing.

There is an 02 that played half a season in the nahl (he’s in the acha now) he averaged something crazy like 4 points a game in PIHL before going into the nahl and producing nothing when he did get in the line up at 19 years old. Now imagine going backwards in a huge way. The NA kid going from the nahl, were has had some production, WAY down to pihl should have his way out there. it’s almost comical to think peters or anyone in pihl will have comparable players. 

it would be one thing if the kid was like some that Johnstown takes just for the money. gets in a game here and there or yuri gets them in for a look, but this kid last year at 17 years old played 50 games and produced some points on a 4th line in the second best junior league in the states that favors much older kids.   

Curious why this kid is coming to play for NA - did Johnstown cut him ? Burned out ? He’s still young by nahl standards. Seems odd to leave even though he’s not producing much on the score sheet this year.  He’s only 18 years old. He’s got two more seasons there to develop. Would love to hear the story or reasoning behind this. 

And I quote - "Peters doesn’t have anyone near this kids pedigree or talent. This kid has played 1.5 seasons in the NAHL - Pihl varsity aaa is going to move so slow compared to what he’s been playing."

Proving once again you have no clue as to what you are talking about.  You've seen PT play?  Seen some of their best players that are two years younger than the NAHL kid on the SHAHA team that is currently ranked in the top 20?  Of course you haven't.  

But keep on keeping on - that is what you do best.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, RJUSHL said:

I don't know enough to compare the teams overall, but I agree with your assessment of the individual players. The Peters kid has at least the same "pedigree", but he is two years younger which makes a difference.

I saw the peters kid play last year, he was a nice looking player. He doesn’t have a “pedigree”. He didn’t play for PPE on a top 5-10 ranked team all those years, national team camp along with playing in the nahl at 17 years old. 

Edited by Danner27

1 minute ago, Danner27 said:

I saw the peters kid play last year, he was a nice looking player. He doesn’t have a “pedigree”. He didn’t play for PPE for on a top 5-10 ranked time all those years, national team camp along with playing in the nahl at 17 years old. 

Well, he did not play on a NAHL team at 17 years old because he is 16 years old.  Math is not that hard.  He did not play for a PPE team ranked in the top 5-10 but he does play for a team that beat your beloved PPE.

Sure you saw him play last year.  Sure.

3 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

And I quote - "Peters doesn’t have anyone near this kids pedigree or talent. This kid has played 1.5 seasons in the NAHL - Pihl varsity aaa is going to move so slow compared to what he’s been playing."

Proving once again you have no clue as to what you are talking about.  You've seen PT play?  Seen some of their best players that are two years younger than the NAHL kid on the SHAHA team that is currently ranked in the top 20?  Of course you haven't.  

But keep on keeping on - that is what you do best.

It’s very obvious you have never watched real junior hockey. Yes, pihl varsity is going to feel so slow for this kid. He will have so much more time to think A 1/2’aecond will feel like 5 minutes to him.  he won’t be seeing anyone with the speed he played with and against in the nahl nor the physical play. 

you should delete that comment, it really shows you know nothing about hockey PERIOD. 

14 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Well, he did not play on a NAHL team at 17 years old because he is 16 years old.  Math is not that hard.  He did not play for a PPE team ranked in the top 5-10 but he does play for a team that beat your beloved PPE.

Sure you saw him play last year. 

the kid coming from the nahl is an 04 ? He’s 18, played 50 games in the nahl last year. He would have been 17.  

Yes, I saw your harolded peters / shaha kid play last year. Nice player. 

Edited by Danner27

4 hours ago, Danner27 said:

It’s very obvious you have never watched real junior hockey. Yes, pihl varsity is going to feel so slow for this kid. He will have so much more time to think A 1/2’aecond will feel like 5 minutes to him.  he won’t be seeing anyone with the speed he played with and against in the nahl nor the physical play. 

you should delete that comment, it really shows you know nothing about hockey PERIOD. 

Clowns like you look in the mirror and admire themselves while talking out loud about how much they know about the game since nobody in real life could stand listening to you in person for more that two minutes.  We all know your story, what you know, who you know, who your kid was, what programs are faux, which ones are real while indirectly talking shit about kids that don't fit your message while you change the subject when you get called out for being wrong.  

I never said ANYTHING about the NAHL kid - zero, nada.  Nothing about him playing NAHL or PIHL.  You are projecting to try and make a point which is important to the likes of you.

Keep patting yourself on the back, since nobody else can stand you long enough to do it for you.  

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 1

This is Western PA High School Hockey, not Minnesota or N.D. The best kids are not snubbing their club to to play School Hockey.

Who gives a sh*t who has the better player or NAHL kid, wait and watch. That NAHL kid may only be good with good kids around him and dropping down to school hockey he may not give a crap about it.

• Like 1

I have never seen the NAHL kid play, but I'm sure he's a good player. The circumstances of him leaving Johnstown to come back and play high school are a bit head scratching. I hope he's doing ok. I wish him nothing but the best.

At the same time, it does get old when people downplay the talent of the SHAHA/Peters kid just because he doesn't play for PPE. Maybe the kid just actually has his own personal priorities and wants to play for a really good amateur team (currently #18 in the country) that is close to home, which allows him to also play high school games in front of his classmates, for one of the better high school programs in the state, and for one of the more successful highschool coaches in PA history. Those all seem like good choices to me.

Looks like he has 14 points in 6 games for Peters as a sophomore and 44 points in 28 games for a SHAHA team that is playing some good national level competition. He's doing just fine and he's going to have some options in the near future. Just because some kid played for PPE and spent some time in the NAHL doesn't automatically make them a higher "pedigree" player.

PPE is a great program, but I don't buy into this idea that in order to do anything meaningful in junior hockey you have to play for them. If a kid is good enough, he will be found. Every good junior program have scouts who stay up at night thinking of unique ways to find diamonds in the rough to give their team a competitive advantage. They make a living finding these kids. It's not PPE or bust in Western PA. Everyone has a different path.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Great points. I hope the NAHL kid is the real deal & NA challenges PT for Pens Cup. As long as the States are won by the Pittsburgh HS teams & not Philly Prep Schools that's sounds good to me. As for the pedigree of the PT kid he was drafted in the NCDC from SHAHA. It is very hard to get drafted if you do not play for a top 20 team with a common name. He could have played NCDC this year & been a top 6. Next year it is possible he makes a USHL team. I think a lot of times kids leave way to early & they are not ready & they come home. I would like to see him stay another year selfishly he is fun to watch.

• Like 1
  • Are you sure? 1

6 hours ago, Puck01 said:

Great points. I hope the NAHL kid is the real deal & NA challenges PT for Pens Cup. As long as the States are won by the Pittsburgh HS teams & not Philly Prep Schools that's sounds good to me. As for the pedigree of the PT kid he was drafted in the NCDC from SHAHA. It is very hard to get drafted if you do not play for a top 20 team with a common name. He could have played NCDC this year & been a top 6. Next year it is possible he makes a USHL team. I think a lot of times kids leave way to early & they are not ready & they come home. I would like to see him stay another year selfishly he is fun to watch.

Pay an advisor, you will get drafted to the ncdc. Their draft is considered a joke. Look how many rounds it has for 12 teams or whatever. They use the draft for advertising. You ever see how many kids are paying to be at an ncdc teams tryout ? 

8 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

I never said ANYTHING about the NAHL kid - zero, nada.  Nothing about him playing NAHL or PIHL.  You are projecting to try and make a point which is important to the likes of you.

Keep patting yourself on the back, since nobody else can stand you long enough to do it for you.  

you wrote - 

“And I quote - "Peters doesn’t have anyone near this kids pedigree or talent. This kid has played 1.5 seasons in the NAHL - Pihl varsity aaa is going to move so slow compared to what he’s been playing."

But keep on keeping on - that is what you do best.”

you ARE talking about the nahl kid, you are implying the peters township pihl varsity team has players just as good or better. I’m sorry no kid currently playing in pihl is going to hang with a kid that has played 1.5 years in the nahl.
Telling me I have no clue what I’m talking about ? Have you ever watched a nahl game ? If you have you would realize this kid is taking a huge step backwards. Unless this kid is completly burned out, mind fd or doesn’t care anymore (these are real possibilities) their won’t be a player in PIHL that can skate with him. 

pihl has its place, nothing is a better experience for all these kids (pre covid) to play in front of a packed rink of their peers. This isn’t Minnesota. PIHL is what it is. 

3 hours ago, Danner27 said:

you wrote - 

“And I quote - "Peters doesn’t have anyone near this kids pedigree or talent. This kid has played 1.5 seasons in the NAHL - Pihl varsity aaa is going to move so slow compared to what he’s been playing."

But keep on keeping on - that is what you do best.”

you ARE talking about the nahl kid, you are implying the peters township pihl varsity team has players just as good or better. I’m sorry no kid currently playing in pihl is going to hang with a kid that has played 1.5 years in the nahl.
Telling me I have no clue what I’m talking about ? Have you ever watched a nahl game ? If you have you would realize this kid is taking a huge step backwards. Unless this kid is completly burned out, mind fd or doesn’t care anymore (these are real possibilities) their won’t be a player in PIHL that can skate with him. 

pihl has its place, nothing is a better experience for all these kids (pre covid) to play in front of a packed rink of their peers. This isn’t Minnesota. PIHL is what it is. 

You are not worth the time or effort.

Run along and go find someone else and bore them to death.

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Uh, Ok 1

Watched the NA game last night against CM which NA lost 3-2 in OT SO. NAHL kid got a concussion I hope he is ok. He did play most of the 1st period. In my opinion from the limited time played last night he should add some depth to NA but that's about it. Seems to have a pretty good shot but not a great skater at least from what was seen on live barn. Hopefully he is back for the tourney in Jamestown would like to see a bit more of him. Anyone know what teams are in the Jamestown tourney this weekend?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puck01 said:

Watched the NA game last night against CM which NA lost 3-2 in OT SO. NAHL kid got a concussion I hope he is ok. He did play most of the 1st period. In my opinion from the limited time played last night he should add some depth to NA but that's about it. Seems to have a pretty good shot but not a great skater at least from what was seen on live barn. Hopefully he is back for the tourney in Jamestown would like to see a bit more of him. Anyone know what teams are in the Jamestown tourney this weekend?

2022 National Invitational Scholastic Showcase Field  

Ø  Bethel Park Blackawks – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

o   5-time Pennsylvania Class AAA Champions

Ø  Buffalo St Francis Red Raiders

o   New York State Champions AND 2006 NISS Governor’s Cup Champions

Ø  Cathedral Prep Ramblers – Erie, Pennsylvania

o   3-time Pennsylvania Champions AND 2019 NISS Governor’s Cup Champions

Ø  Culver Academy Eagles – Indiana

o   2019 and 28-Time Indiana State Champions 

Ø  Glenbrook South Titans – Chicago, Illinois

o   2-Time Illinois Blackhawk Cup Red State Champions AND 2022 Hoosier Cup Champions

Ø  Holy Ghost Prep Firebirds – Bensalem,, Pennsylvania

o   2015 Pennsylvania Class AAA Champions AND 5-Time NISS Governor’s Cup Champions

Ø  Jamestown Lakers – Jamestown, New York

o   Western New York Hockey League

Ø  Meadville Bulldogs – Meadville Pennsylvania

o   8-time Pennsylvania Champions

Ø  Medina Bees – Cleveland, Ohio

o   2022 Ohio Club Finalists  

Ø  North Allegheny Tigers – Wexford, Pennsylvania

o   2 – Time Pennsylvania AAA Champions

Ø  Ontario Hockey Academy – Cornwall, Ontario

o   3-Time NISS Governor’s Cup Champions

Ø  Peters Township Indians – McMurray, Pa

o   6-Time Pennsylvania AAA and AA Champions