A 4 QUAKER VALLEY 7 1 1 15
A 5 NORWIN 7 1 0 14

B 1 CANEVIN  9 0 0 18
B 2 RINGGOLD 7 1 0 14
B 3 NESHANNOCK 6 0 2 14
B 4 DEER LAKES 6 1 0 12
B 5 CONNELLSVILLE 5 3 0 10

On 11/28/2022 at 1:19 PM, retired said:

Sounds like NA is bringing in a kid straight from the Johnstown NAHL team effective immediately. Already on PIHL website roster. Lol rip to Peter's championship hopes

Canon Mac 3-2 Win against NA with NAHL player. PT 7-1 win against Canon Mac last night. PA State rankings out & PT #1 & NA #9. RIP, Resurrection maybe?

You are really all a bunch of losers to pick on a teenage boy just because he was in the NAHL and you don’t know the circumstances behind his departure.  Clearly your life’s lack excitement to have to be on top of the kid all the time that none of you know personally. Why don’t you grown men do your research and you will find he has always been respected by our Johnstown community and boosters. He is what we Tomahawks fan call a grinder.  We will always back #18, Go Hawks!

• 100 2

43 minutes ago, Hockygrit said:

You are really all a bunch of losers to pick on a teenage boy just because he was in the NAHL and you don’t know the circumstances behind his departure.  Clearly your life’s lack excitement to have to be on top of the kid all the time that none of you know personally. Why don’t you grown men do your research and you will find he has always been respected by our Johnstown community and boosters. He is what we Tomahawks fan call a grinder.  We will always back #18, Go Hawks!

I haven’t jumped in but have been following this. Was there even one person that was ‘picking’ on him? I judge the tone as genuine curiosity as to what happened with lots of respect for someone who played NAHL at a young age. Don’t stir up hate where there isn’t any. There’s enough in this world we don’t need manufactured drama…

Nah. I agree with hockeygrit, the tone of the comments have been less than friendly. The slobbering curiosity has been very evident. I agree, leave him alone and let him play. Bottom line is....it's no one's business  The microscope adults put kids under is awful.

And one player on a team does not make the team. Case in point...the Erie Prep has the leading scorer and is not top four in the standigs.

This is a very odd season with a massive talent dump after the exit of many of the talented 04 BY. 05 BY is...small, almost non-existent. 07 BY is...small. Teams are getting hit by illness and injuries. So the hockey will just be uneven and weird.

Despite the scores, I never thought Canon Mac was a bad team this season. There is talent there. All still up for grabs for players to develop, figure things out and I wouldn't put too much stock in one game. Cliche...anyone can lose on any given day.

1 hour ago, Hockygrit said:

The entire point of this platform is to discuss topics & interact on the subject. Nobody on this thread that I have seen has picked on the NAHL kid or did anything but provide data through numbers or their opinion to support their position on this topic. Discuss strengths & weaknesses are not personal/picking on someone it's what any good parent or coach should do if they want to truly improve a player. The only one that seems to be picking on anyone is you calling "grown men" (maybe there are grown women commenting) losers, lack excitement. If I have offended, you in any way I do apologize. I watched the NAHL player & if you read my comments, I am clear he will help NA & he is a good player. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 8:13 AM, Puck01 said:

NAHL kid got a concussion I hope he is OK. 

I hope he is, too. Not surprised, with the way the PIHL games are called. He's probably used to things like charging, boarding, late hits, etc. being called as penalties, and players playing accordingly. And against players who are better skaters, concerned with actually playing the puck, and not pulling themselves out of position just to throw a hit. 

I hope he's alright. 

• Like 1

PA HOCKEY        
    2022-2023  "AAA AA & A" DIVISION        
    FINAL - WEEK 11        
CLASS DIVISION TEAM W L T PTS

AAA 1 SENECA VALLEY 9 1 1 19
AAA 2 PETERS TOWNSHIP 8 2 0 16
AAA 3 NORTH ALLEGHENY 9 2 1 19
AAA 4 CENTRAL CATHOLIC 7 3 1 15
AAA 5 BAKDWIN 5 4 1 11

AA 1 ARMSTRONG 7 2 0 14
AA 2 SOUTH FAYETTE 8 1 1 17
AA 3 PENN TRAFFORD 7 2 0 14
AA 4 LATROBE 6 3 1 13
AA 5 BISHOP MCCORT 7 3 0 14

A 1 FOX CHAPEL 10 1 0 20
A 2 GREENSBURG SALEM 10 1 0 20
A 3 NORTH HILLS  10 0 1 21
A 4 QUAKER VALLEY 8 1 1 17
A 5 MCDOWELL 8 2 1 17

B 1 CANEVIN  10 0 0 20
B 2 RINGGOLD 8 1 0 16
B 3 DEER LAKES 7 1 0 14
B 4 NESHANNOCK 6 1 2 14
B 5 BURRELL 5 3 0 10

Just throwing it out there...all of this talk of Peter's and NA (and the NAHL kid)....

Last 2 days.. PR (arguably having a rough year) beat Peter's handily. And Seneca beat NA (and at no moment did it appear close...and NAHL experience seemed less than impressive than SV freshman play)... But crickets ...seemed like this would be a conversation? SV is a clear contender (arguably a leader beating Peter's and NA) this season, but no mention at all? Thoughts? 

Edited by ice is cold

12 hours ago, ice is cold said:

Just throwing it out there...all of this talk of Peter's and NA (and the NAHL kid)....

Last 2 days.. PR (arguably having a rough year) beat Peter's handily. And Seneca beat NA (and at no moment did it appear close...and NAHL experience seemed less than impressive than SV freshman play)... But crickets ...seemed like this would be a conversation? SV is a clear contender (arguably a leader beating Peter's and NA) this season, but no mention at all? Thoughts? 

Comments above also known as fresh chum in the water.

Commence feeding.

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Haha 1
  • ROTF 1

17 hours ago, ice is cold said:

I don’t follow high school hockey that closely (starting to a bit more) but isn’t this post directly below the updated ‘rankings’ showing SV as top dog? That’s a mention and acknowledgement, no? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jkersman01 said:

I don’t follow high school hockey that closely (starting to a bit more) but isn’t this post directly below the updated ‘rankings’ showing SV as top dog? That’s a mention and acknowledgement, no? 

If you read the post on this board, that was the point. Everyone talks about NA and Peter's, and has yet to mention SV who is actually #1?

Guilty as charged for sure picking PT! SV has been fantastic for sure. I still stick with original thoughts nobody touching PT this year. SV definitely matches up with them the best & has the best chance to challenge them but at the end of the day it will be a tough task. I also feel SV has one of the best coaching staffs if not the best in AAA. 

2 minutes ago, Puck01 said:

Guilty as charged for sure picking PT! SV has been fantastic for sure. I still stick with original thoughts nobody touching PT this year. SV definitely matches up with them the best & has the best chance to challenge them but at the end of the day it will be a tough task. I also feel SV has one of the best coaching staffs if not the best in AAA. 

All depends on what team, for all of them, show up when it counts. SV has great coaches at every level/team, that is undeniable. 

From what I understand, PT's SHAHA studs weren't there in that game against SV, thus explaining the lop sided score. No denying SV has a nice squad this year. NA is struggling to put the pieces together, taking a stupid number of penalities, which is unusual for that program.

Not to take anything away from SV, but the fact that a squad so heavy with freshman is doing so well shows....just how depleted in talent PIHL is. This is what hockey looks like with two low number birth years playing at the same time. (2005 and 2007). Thank goodness for 2006.

Still half a season to go.

17 minutes ago, Saucey said:

From what I understand, PT's SHAHA studs weren't there in that game against SV, thus explaining the lop sided score. No denying SV has a nice squad this year. NA is struggling to put the pieces together, taking a stupid number of penalities, which is unusual for that program.

Not to take anything away from SV, but the fact that a squad so heavy with freshman is doing so well shows....just how depleted in talent PIHL is. This is what hockey looks like with two low number birth years playing at the same time. (2005 and 2007). Thank goodness for 2006.

Still half a season to go.

I may be wrong, but, the SV vs PT score was 4-3. And "the studs" played and combined for 6 points unless the PIHL site is incorrect. 

The Pine Richland score of 6-3 two nights ago... Were "the studs" not there? Pretty sure they were with 3 points.

PT's weakness is just that, team who relies on "the studs".  If they can be coached beyond that, they have a real solid team. 

12 hours ago, ice is cold said:

I may be wrong, but, the SV vs PT score was 4-3. And "the studs" played and combined for 6 points unless the PIHL site is incorrect. 

The Pine Richland score of 6-3 two nights ago... Were "the studs" not there? Pretty sure they were with 3 points.

PT's weakness is just that, team who relies on "the studs".  If they can be coached beyond that, they have a real solid team. 

I said SV has a nice squad, not denigrating them at all. I agree about PT. Since they do have an excellent coach, can't count them out. Not denigrating anyone, actually.

I haven't seen PR play recently but looks like they are improving for sure per recent scores. That's an impressive W against PT. PT also struggles with goaltending, so if teams are figuring out how to get shots on net and contain the studs, there you go. But you can't argue that PT's coach is excellent, so I would not count them out based only on recent losses. I think that team moves the puck really well.

This is an odd year, with all the talent that graduated last year and low birth years, any given team could figure things out. I think anything could still happen. Season is fun from that standpoint. Subsequent seasons, hopefully we see even better hockey from lots of teams, since there should be experience returning. People look down on PIHL, but I really enjoy it. Maybe because I know so many of the players on many of the teams at this point, so it's just fun for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Saucey said:

I said SV has a nice squad, not denigrating them at all. I agree about PT. Since they do have an excellent coach, can't count them out. Not denigrating anyone, actually.

I haven't seen PR play recently but looks like they are improving for sure per recent scores. That's an impressive W against PT. PT also struggles with goaltending, so if teams are figuring out how to get shots on net and contain the studs, there you go. But you can't argue that PT's coach is excellent, so I would not count them out based only on recent losses. I think that team moves the puck really well.

This is an odd year, with all the talent that graduated last year and low birth years, any given team could figure things out. I think anything could still happen. Season is fun from that standpoint. Subsequent seasons, hopefully we see even better hockey from lots of teams, since there should be experience returning. People look down on PIHL, but I really enjoy it. Maybe because I know so many of the players on many of the teams at this point, so it's just fun for me.

People who look down on PIHL most likely never played a school sport. Regardless of it being a club sport, wearing your school colors and playing on a team with other classmates is a different experience that no club team can give you. I honestly feel bad for kids who either can't play due to their amateur club or think it's below them. It is something they can't get back and in 10 or so years, they may look back and regret it. 

And agree. So much talent graduated last year. It is a statistical minded persons heaven breaking down the numbers. Ha!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ice is cold said:

People who look down on PIHL most likely never played a school sport. Regardless of it being a club sport, wearing your school colors and playing on a team with other classmates is a different experience that no club team can give you. I honestly feel bad for kids who either can't play due to their amateur club or think it's below them. It is something they can't get back and in 10 or so years, they may look back and regret it. 

And agree. So much talent graduated last year. It is a statistical minded persons heaven breaking down the numbers. Ha!

I started following PIHl's FB account this year. Having the games broadcast and PIHL advertising them all is great. Don't get that kind of attention from travel teams.

• Like 1

I totally agree PIHL should not be looked down on. I played both HS & AAA hockey as a kid. Wasn't even close I liked HS 10 times better. For a moment let's think about the kid's playing AAA hockey. 50% of the time or more they are traveling to another city to stay in a hotel playing were nobody from the area can see them. In most cases they have spent tons of hours for 10 plus years mastering their craft. Parents spent 15K or more in expenses. Even in the occasional home game they are a regular player playing for a chance to play MID Ams & usually lose to PPE because they recruit. The one thing I think parents forget is that 99% of the kids will after 12th grade ever go past Tier 3 junior hockey & 99.9999999% will not make the NHL. I say let them be kids & be a great high School hockey player & reward them for the hard work they put in all there life instead of driving them to play in the NHL. At the end of the day, it's their journey & a good attitude by having your school mates appreciate your talent is nothing but positive for any HS athlete. Any AAA HS player & parent should be praised for letting their kids play in the PIHL. I know myself enjoy watching these younger kids lead the leagues in scoring. They are ultimately improving the PIHL & bringing more fans to watch it. At the end of the day whipping Phillys's ass & winning 3 state titles should be the goal!

• Like 4
  • Fist Bump 1