Black Bear Starting to move in on Youth Hockey??

4 hours ago, ice is cold said:

I don't own the rink. I just know when idiots are talking out their asses and try to feel important and big by throwing insults and rumors around. Isn't there another sport and board you can ruin with your negativity and stupidity? For loving hockey, seems silly you would insult places giving people the ability to play. Good work. 

Lol....pretty butthurt for having no affiliation.  So you're saying the Pond doesn't have brown water to drink?  I believe 100+ kids would agree with me.  It's not an insult when it's true.  But keep believing there's not a thing wrong with that place.  

Or maybe ask the kids that had a ceiling tile fall on them during practice.  

Edited by Ihearthockey

38 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

Lol....pretty butthurt for having no affiliation.  So you're saying the Pond doesn't have brown water to drink?  I believe 100+ kids would agree with me.  It's not an insult when it's true.  But keep believing there's not a thing wrong with that place.  

Or maybe ask the kids that had a ceiling tile fall on them during practice.  

I mean, I have no idea...was your kid cut from a team, in the penalty box for something you thought was a good hit, lost a game....no kid talks about water, so clearly your ego was butt hurt at some point. Get over it, your kid probably just loves playing the game and your ego is making your player one of those kids associations avoid due to the sperm who gave him life. 

100 kids, your lies, exaggerations and flat out ridiculousness makes you irrelevant. 

2 minutes ago, ice is cold said:

I mean, I have no idea...was your kid cut from a team, in the penalty box for something you thought was a good hit, lost a game....no kid talks about water, so clearly your ego was butt hurt at some point. Get over it, your kid probably just loves playing the game and your ego is making your player one of those kids associations avoid due to the sperm who gave him life. 

100 kids, your lies, exaggerations and flat out ridiculousness makes you irrelevant. 

Man...I feel sorry for you.  They have therapists for this.  This is my last response to you.  

8 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

Man...I feel sorry for you.  They have therapists for this.  This is my last response to you.  

I mean, seems like you may be the one who needs some professional help, but ok. Let's just hope any further spawns are not playing hockey. 

24 minutes ago, ice is cold said:

Your kid is one of the 1/1000000 that got a D1 scholarship as a pure freshman...

I don’t know why you quoted me but please leave me out of your argument.  My son was playing there last night and the monitor caught my eye on the way in.  Couple that with the rumor mentioned and it peaks curiosity?  

Honestly it’s a very old rink in WPA and perhaps the oldest.  It’s seen it’s better days for sure but if they can contribute to keeping kids on the ice and the game strong and growing I’m all for it.  Nobody should ever want to see rinks or programs go away.  I certainly hope the Vipers can resolve their dilemma. It’s really sad that kids are stuck in the middle of it 

7 minutes ago, HockeyFan6687 said:

I don’t know why you quoted me but please leave me out of your argument.  My son was playing there last night and the monitor caught my eye on the way in.  Couple that with the rumor mentioned and it peaks curiosity?  

Honestly it’s a very old rink in WPA and perhaps the oldest.  It’s seen it’s better days for sure but if they can contribute to keeping kids on the ice and the game strong and growing I’m all for it.  Nobody should ever want to see rinks or programs go away.  I certainly hope the Vipers can resolve their dilemma. It’s really sad that kids are stuck in the middle of it 

I mean. Just wait it until the announcement vs asking under a post that falsy claimed they are selling to black bear and a poster who maliciously stated they are a sucky rink. ?  

3 minutes ago, ice is cold said:

I mean. Just wait it until the announcement vs asking under a post that falsy claimed they are selling to black bear and a poster who maliciously stated they are a sucky rink. ?  Btw. Many players (not parents) have said it's the best ice to play on in the area. Take the apparently butt hurt parents in the stands out of the convo, the ice itself is a great playing experience 

Well, this escalated quickly…Shame because it was 1 of the better posts on here…great discussion and communication…

Just know, Black Bear is aiming to buy all non municipal rinks in this area. This conversation will continue for a long time, especially as we see it play out in the long run. I just warn anyone who is in talks with them now or in the future to use extreme caution and don’t let your guard down or you may find your teams without ice. They told us they’d rather see a rink sit empty than not have control of the teams using their rinks.

12 minutes ago, AMR24 said:

Well, this escalated quickly…Shame because it was 1 of the better posts on here…great discussion and communication…

Just know, Black Bear is aiming to buy all non municipal rinks in this area. This conversation will continue for a long time, especially as we see it play out in the long run. I just warn anyone who is in talks with them now or in the future to use extreme caution and don’t let your guard down or you may find your teams without ice. They told us they’d rather see a rink sit empty than not have control of the teams using their rinks.

Yeah it sucks when one party gets offended at even the simplest of observations.  Your candor on this board is appreciated and helps to lay out the landscape of hockey in the tri state area.

7 minutes ago, AMR24 said:

In laymen's terms. 

The need to move teems to profit vs non profit, as anyone on this board knows rinks are not a huge profit center and owners own rinks because of their love of the sport. They sell once they have lost that love. Black Bear needs and have found a way to make profit above and beyond "living" and it is thru the players/parents and turning orgs into "Profit" vs "non profit" Hence the profit vs non profit they are looking for. 

It's business, can't argue with it. But many rinks, brown water or not, are in it for the love of the sport (but still living) vs profit. 

It is the parents who ultimately decide where there kids play. And it is the parents who will decide if black bear thrives...

Is there anyone in a leadership position with PAHL on this message board? We've been looking at things from the Black Bear perspective and anticipating and speculating their next move. But it's just as valid to look at PAHL and think through ways they can improve and even respond to these coming changes.

Does PAHL have a game plan? Or do they feel this takeover is just inevitable, just like the DVHL out east?

• Like 2
  • Fist Bump 1

16 hours ago, ice is cold said:

It is the parents who ultimately decide where there kids play. And it is the parents who will decide if black bear thrives...

A monopolies means there are no more choices.You know, all that program jumping treasured around here.

8 hours ago, RJUSHL said:

Is there anyone in a leadership position with PAHL on this message board? We've been looking at things from the Black Bear perspective and anticipating and speculating their next move. But it's just as valid to look at PAHL and think through ways they can improve and even respond to these coming changes.

Does PAHL have a game plan? Or do they feel this takeover is just inevitable, just like the DVHL out east?

Hard to imagine PAHL has a plan. They are dinosours who haven't made any changes for the better in decades.

Its a shame because the kids can use a legitimate local league to play in at a reasonable cost.. but PAHL hasn't ever had to get better because they never had any competition. Maybe this will wake them up?

26 minutes ago, Icebucket said:

Hard to imagine PAHL has a plan. They are dinosours who haven't made any changes for the better in decades.

Its a shame because the kids can use a legitimate local league to play in at a reasonable cost.. but PAHL hasn't ever had to get better because they never had any competition. Maybe this will wake them up?

Not unless new people take over. That's just how things are.