Lemieux getting a 3rd sheet

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sadday4hockey said:

Human Performance Lab.......... sounds like something out of the former Eastern Bloc and current CCP

I remember when we played hockey in the street every day after school and I couldn't have had more fun.

What happened to the fun part?

$$$$$$$$$$

On 12/2/2022 at 11:30 AM, forbin said:

This smells a lot like the start of building room for the rumored USHL expansion team….

A USHL expansion team?  The area doesn’t support the Junior Team, the ACHA club teams or the NCAA D1 & D3 organizations.  Guess they want to play in front of a bunch of empty seats ?

• Like 1
  • 100 1

4 hours ago, Eddie Shore said:

A USHL expansion team?  The area doesn’t support the Junior Team, the ACHA club teams or the NCAA D1 & D3 organizations.  Guess they want to play in front of a bunch of empty seats ?

True, however none of those teams have a brand new rink in a highly populated above average income area that is tied to the Pens name. If done properly and branded right, it will be very successful. 

• Like 3
  • ROTF 1

It seems like a lot of premature excitement about something that's at best a long-shot. Has the USHL announced any expansion plans? I can't find anything on the website about any expansion plans. The key to the USHL success and why it has equaled or surpassed the OHL is because they've never given in to expansion so it has never been watered down. Why change that?

Based on what little has trickled out this is actually being built as the NHL practice facility so they no longer have to share with a youth organization and the general population of insane 5 year old and up parents.

I also don't even think it's going to be in the same proximity to the current rinks but instead back by the hotel.

If nothing else, maybe they'll consider putting in enough seating so that all fans who want to watch HS Championship games can actually get a seat.

13 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

It seems like a lot of premature excitement about something that's at best a long-shot. Has the USHL announced any expansion plans? I can't find anything on the website about any expansion plans.

Really?  You did see where they said, “hey let’s put an expansion team in an area where an NCAA D1 program just folded, but our model will be successful because we will put our team 15 minutes up the road where all the rich people live”.

I’m being told this will make is a huge success……….

14 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

The key to the USHL success and why it has equaled or surpassed the OHL is because they've never given in to expansion so it has never been watered down. Why change that?

I think an even bigger reason the USHL has had success is that players still maintain NCAA eligibility, unlike the Canadian Major Junior leagues (OHL, QMJHL, and WHL). More and more top Canadians are even going the USHL --> NCAA route. They play in a fantastic junior league, and then continue to develop while getting that college experience.

But you're right, fewer teams does tend to concentrate talent. I know many will disagree but I don't think it's too far fetched to think that the average talent level on a USHL team is better than many CHL teams. Even if that's not true yet, it's trending that way.

Personally, I doubt there are plans for a USHL expansion team in Cranberry. I doubt there are even plans for a NAHL team. But it wouldn't surprise me if they do have plans for some money-making questionable Tier III junior program.

Edited by RJUSHL

On 12/15/2022 at 8:40 AM, Eddie Shore said:

Really?  You did see where they said, “hey let’s put an expansion team in an area where an NCAA D1 program just folded, but our model will be successful because we will put our team 15 minutes up the road where all the rich people live”.

IMHO the RMU D1 programs folded due to the former President of the college.  Not due to lack of interest.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

On 12/15/2022 at 8:40 AM, Eddie Shore said:

Who are "they"?

I see that's what Forbin said but I didn't realize that Forbin was the Commissioner of the USHL either.

The USHL website has nothing on it about future expansion so if you know where there is something other than Forbin's opinion then please enlighten us instead of being a massengale's product.

A USHL expansion team to Pittsburgh is not MY opinion, nor is it by any means a verified fact right now. I am only sharing what I heard from a long time friend and business partner who is now a very reputable person directly involved in the planning and construction of the new ice surface at UPMC. I don’t come on here to spread MY created rumors. I have no skin in that game so I apologize if I have misrepresented the information provided to me.

Do I think it would be awesome to have a USHL team in Pittsburgh? Yes I do. I’d most certainly buy season tickets. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Don’t ever listen to this guy. He’s employed by the usphl. He owned a team at one point. He was an advisor at one point m. He’s has the ncdc ranked higher than the bchl lmao. 

I'm not listening to anyone personally  I just posted it for people who were asking where it was being said.  

Danner..... he's such a clown. Full of contempt for everything because his kids didn't "make it" so he belittles E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G

The OHL has 20 teams. The USHL has 16. Here are the last 4 NHL drafts going back to pre-covid days

2022 NHL draft

USHL - 57 players

OHL - 35 players

2021 NHL draft

USHL - 50 players

OHL - 30 players

2020 NHL draft

USHL - 51 players

OHL - 31 players

2019 NHL draft

USHL - 52 players

OHL - 25 players

So...... for those who asked I think these facts should speak for themselves? But we all know the world today doesn't believe in facts..... it just gives in to those who yell the loudest.

• Like 3