2006 VENGEANCE 2006 RENEGADES

I have been asked to post this ... There will be both a 2006 Vengeance and a 2006 Renegades Birth Year for the 2019-2020 season ... all are welcome to these skates.

2006 Vengeance OPEN SKATES

Friday 3/29 5:30-6:50pm

Saturday 3/30 2:30-3:50pm

We will be doing some tryout drills and skating but the sessions will be for the most part 5 v 5 hockey.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bale -

Independent is non PAHL  - playing AAA teams and high AA (AAA mostly from the mid-30s and up)

It exists ... Tryouts start Monday

https://www.scirhockey.org/tryout-information/tryout-dates/ - listed under 2006 Birthyear (SCIR registers the Vengeance teams)

The Pittsburgh Vengeance are pleased to announce the formation of the 2006 Tier 1 Vengeance Hockey Team.  Our balanced schedule of 40-50 independent games including 4-5 showcases and multiple weekly practices allows players to focus on improving on ice skills while developing a greater understanding of the game under superior, consistent coaching. Our strength and conditioning program led by Sean Berkstresser teaches proper technique and training methods to ensure young players are physically prepared for advancement to the next level of hockey.

Mike Messner is the Head Coach.  He has been playing and coaching for for over 35 years.  He played for Penn State’s ACHA program and finished with a National Club championship and as the teams all-time leading scorer for defenseman.  He played professionally for the Lakeland Ice Warriors of the Sunshine Hockey League.  He is the first ever recipient of Penn State Hockey's Distinguished Alumni Award in 2016.   He currently is a social media, recruiting and television director for major Division I Hockey, Football and Basketball teams.  He also Executive Produced a hockey documentary, The Last Gladiators … Players who make the team will be filmed for a documentary project titled, Cornered, First Year Checking. “Mike is a tremendous addition to the Vengeance family, he has an extremely positive and enthusiastic approach that he has learned while working and observing Division One coaches at the highest levels.”  Dave Dorsey, the Vengeance General Manager stated, “Winning the PAHL regular season and playoff championships last year should serve as a great springboard into this coming year, which will start soon after tryouts.”

Tryouts for the 2006 Vengeance start on Monday April 15 at 6:30pm.

https://www.scirhockey.org/tryout-information/tryout-dates/ it is listed under 2006 Birth Year.  

HERE is the tentative trailer for the project ... 

-40-50 non-PAHL games

-3-5 Showcase Tournaments

-2 Weekly Practices

-Weekend practices on the rare off weekends

-Practices start in the early summer (we want the serious player - but we do understand other sports and vacations)

-Summer off-ice shooting sessions

-1 Skill Session every other week.

-The greatest value of ice time per dollar in the area.

-Our focus at the beginning of the year is to attack the first year of checking with a Vengeance and to increase the team’s speed of play.

-Cost will be approximately $3900

19 minutes ago, Baleout21 said:

Mess,

Thanks for the response. Not sure why a parent from Renegades thought there would be no Vengeance, but it did stop us from considering this tryout. 

Best to all.

So instead of asking the people in charge, you came to this disaster of a message board and the idiot parents who have zero information to answer your question. Hey, anyone think somebody’s troll card got pulled? I’m sure this team is much better off without you and your kid. 

32 minutes ago, Baleout21 said:

PBsooks, 

We did ask people in charge. No answers.

I'm not sure why the name calling or rudeness.

I'm sure the administrator of this message board has a different opinion of it.  

You seem to need a nap.

Translation- WAAAAH call the moderator when I get called out. WAAAAAH I didn't get answers so I went to a message board and looked dumb when I got put in my place. Maybe they didn't give you info because you're the last family they need or want at their tryouts. Every club needs to start ridding itself of manipulating message board phonies.

14 minutes ago, Baleout21 said:

Mess posted all that needed to be said. I thank him for it. 

PSooks, you need help! I respect you have a chance to voice your opinion; I have no respect for you or your opinion. 

Then stop responding dummy. You can’t help yourself. It just keeps proving my point further and further

50 minutes ago, What the.. said:

In defense of baleout21...This is what it says on the Renegades website so I’m thoroughly confused also. 

CE5F713A-B9C8-4BB7-BEB4-2194BB56CB15.jpeg

Reading this is like an ice cream parlor saying that we potentially will have vanilla, or have chocolate, or have both.  It just depends on what the delivery driver brings to us.

Good luck to the Renegades/Vengeance when the results turn out to be a chocolate/vanilla twist and a mash up of everything!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HereWithPopcorn said:

Reading this is like an ice cream parlor saying that we potentially will have vanilla, or have chocolate, or have both.  It just depends on what the delivery driver brings to us.

Good luck to the Renegades/Vengeance when the results turn out to be a chocolate/vanilla twist and a mash up of everything!

Reading comprehension is definitely a prerequisite to understanding what you’re reading. Sometimes, these posts just write themselves. 

6 hours ago, PBsooks said:

Then stop responding dummy. You can’t help yourself. It just keeps proving my point further and further

Two username @Wampa1 and @PBsooks acting up once again insulting others time after time after time.  Never did understand why he uses two different names - it took one paragraph from @PBsooks to realize both are the same person.   

@Paul Baxter - if you want to keep what is left of the user base here, you know what to do.  Based on this and other threads, I’m clearly not the only one that feels this way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ynot02 said:

Agree. It’s time to start blocking IP addresses. 

Of course, we can all do our part as well by not feeding the troll. 

What sissies you people are. Let me ask you something, what do you provide the local hockey community? At least I’m discrediting phonies in the area. And the mods are too busy monitoring and posting PM’s. Wonder how that will work out for big brother if someone with time and money gets angry about it?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PBsooks said:

What sissies you people are. Let me ask you something, what do you provide the local hockey community? At least I’m discrediting phonies in the area. And the mods are too busy monitoring and posting PM’s. Wonder how that will work out for big brother if someone with time and money gets angry about it?

A guy using two user names is now calling others phonies........now that is funny.  

Merely my voice and my opinion but.....

It is a slippery slope when a public forum starts blocking an IP address of a user.

I have been publicly flamed by Wampa before and I learned from it.  Say my piece, defend with data, ignore him otherwise.

If you take the time and read his posts ( from all of his identities) you will see that he goes from 0 to 100 with no room or time between. But if you also read his posts, there is valid information buried in with the responses.

58 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

A guy using two user names is now calling others phonies........now that is funny.  

You can't resist. Listen, I'll ask you since the other poster is having trouble with his keyboard now. What do you contribute here other than bland, generalized statements about tryout experiences or watching your kids play. Blah, blah, blah.  Do you have any idea how much time and money people in this area waste on having a "great experience". I'm not suggesting that people come here for actual, credible advice. The ones that do should have Child protective services pay them a visit. The people that actually get it don't have their kids go to 15 tryouts, 20 camps, and have jerseys from every team in town. They also push their kids to be competitive and develop a work ethic. You can't always get that with kind and gentle motivation. Here's who you are- you realized that your kids weren't good enough to impress any coach that actually mattered in town, so you went and bad mouthed every Tier 1 team, Junior team, advanced and high performance camp, personal training, and any structure that expected commitment and accountability from the players. It's typical of the area to try to lower the bar so your kids can reach it.  Opinions don't have to be nice and civil. Sweet boys like you need to be put in their place. Thats why I'm here.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:31 AM, Chinstrap said:

Merely my voice and my opinion but.....

It is a slippery slope when a public forum starts blocking an IP address of a user.

I have been publicly flamed by Wampa before and I learned from it.  Say my piece, defend with data, ignore him otherwise.

If you take the time and read his posts ( from all of his identities) you will see that he goes from 0 to 100 with no room or time between. But if you also read his posts, there is valid information buried in with the responses.

When a user has been politely warned both in public and in private multiple times and does not listen, then we will do what's necessary to make this an enjoyable and useful site for people.  This is the first (and hopefully the last) time that I've ever banned anyone.  Usually a warning does the trick, but it didn't help here, and then this user opened a new account and continued the same behavior like they never listened to a word the moderators said about correcting their behavior.

I have no idea why that user couldn't have a friendly debate on a topic and disagree, but things always escalated immediately to name calling and useless diatribes that served no purpose.

Let's move on from this topic please. 

• Haha 1