Mid-Am advancement to D1 lagging behind other districts

National Team Development Program.  Not sure why they are specifically noted here, since 95% of *US Born* college freshmen are coming from USHL/NAHL and I assume he is counting those players in their home district as well. 

Edited by champeen

https://www.midamhockey.com/page/show/5022993-board-contacts

Here are the board members and their contacts. Of course there are like 9 DEI administrators but where are the the player development people? Everyone should take the time to contact some of them although don't hold your breath waiting for a response. They are only active when suspending players and Coaches.

MidAm somehow is actually worse than DC when it comes to being a swamp. Switaj has been the Coach in Chief for at least 25 years.

The top 3 lines of members probably have a combined tenure of over 200 years and with what to show for it?

Add in Switaj, Santora, Colligan and Borkowski and you have 3 Centuries of failures. The problem is, they don't hold open and public elections. 5-6 people control EVERYTHING that happens and will continue to until they are ousted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

Here are the board members and their contacts. Of course there are like 9 DEI administrators but where are the the player development people? Everyone should take the time to contact some of them although don't hold your breath waiting for a response. They are only active when suspending players and Coaches.

MidAm somehow is actually worse than DC when it comes to being a swamp. Switaj has been the Coach in Chief for at least 25 years.

The top 3 lines of members probably have a combined tenure of over 200 years and with what to show for it?

Add in Switaj, Santora, Colligan and Borkowski and you have 3 Centuries of failures. The problem is, they don't hold open and public elections. 5-6 people control EVERYTHING that happens and will continue to until they are ousted.

Word is these clowns still use fax machines.......no, I am not kidding.

That is all you need to know about progress and innovation / lack thereof going on here.

• ROTF 1

5 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

How are they chosen? Can they be removed from their positions? Anyone have information about the bylaws for MidAm?

Geez, I’ve been saying this for a few years but get yelled at “let them spend their money in tier 3! It’s their money and there is a chance”. (Paraphrasing)

I’ve said the ehl is the only tier 3 worth your money if you really want to waste - many wanted to argue the usphl is ?

the usphl is a joke, it’s a money making machine. Please stop letting your kids waste their time and your money with this garbage. It’s varsity 20U, not minny or Michigan - western pa & Ohio varsity. The majority acha teams are better hockey. 

I am not sure how kids born in 2009-2014 (half of the counted registrations) has anything to do with college freshman. What if this chart was based on USA hockey registrations from when these current freshmen were 8U? Wouldn’t that show more of an accurate record of development?  I realize that it’s impossible to track kids moving from district to district as they age, but this chart is an oversimplification. 

Edited by Theroadtobeerleague

1 hour ago, Theroadtobeerleague said:

I am not sure how kids born in 2009-2014 (half of the counted registrations) has anything to do with college freshman. What if this chart was based on USA hockey registrations from when these current freshmen were 8U? Wouldn’t that show more of an accurate record of development?  I realize that it’s impossible to track kids moving from district to district as they age, but this chart is an oversimplification. 

It appears to track the players home district. 

21 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

5+ years ago I wanted to try and get a registrar position with Mid-Am.  I asked around in the PAHL and they told me contact Mid-Am.  I emailed a few people at Mid-Am office.  Crickets.  Zero reply.  I then asked a local person who was a board member, how do I apply to be a mid-am registrar?  Crickets.

I gave up.  Which is what they want anyone interested in helping with MA to do.  Go away.

Edited by Wes
  • 100 1

On 1/5/2023 at 10:01 AM, Wes said:

5+ years ago I wanted to try and get a registrar position with Mid-Am.  I asked around in the PAHL and they told me contact Mid-Am.  I emailed a few people at Mid-Am office.  Crickets.  Zero reply.  I then asked a local person who was a board member, how do I apply to be a mid-am registrar?  Crickets.

I gave up.  Which is what they want anyone interested in helping with MA to do.  Go away.

This is one reason people are fed up with Mid AM, same with PAHL.  For a non-profit, these people are making a lot of money and the source of the money (parents) have no say in who governs.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2muchAAAinWPA said:

This is one reason people are fed up with Mid AM, same with PAHL.  For a non-profit, these people are making a lot of money and the source of the money (parents) have no say in who governs.  

Each season, the PAHL shares a budget that is approved by the associations which spells out all of the money coming in from advertising and player fees, and where the expenditures are paid out.  There is a small threshold that PAHL can spend without an approval from the membership so there are definitely checks and balances there.