Mid-Am advancement to D1 lagging behind other districts

I saw that twitter post the other day and was wondering if someone here was going to bring up the MidAm stat. The pool of current players is just an easy to grab metric to try and balance out a big district to a small district so it seems fine to make the general point. Basically, with this crop of freshmen, MidAm did a terrible job of developing D1 college players.

I do wonder how they calculate the home district though. If a player leaves Midam at 18U for another district, do they get counted in the new district? There's a freshman from Strongsville OH on Buckeyes. He played 15U to 18U in Michigan I believe. Does he get counted with MidAm or Michigan?

Most of the freshman going to d1 are 00-03, some of the more gifted 04 would opt out of finishing or playing Junior hockey and move to d1, I think midam will be fine and will be putting lots of kids when the 06 and younger kids come up. Look back at a number of factors, ADM cross ice mandate I think came with 06 age for 8u, I know some programs did put it in place earlier, but since it was mandated I have seen leaps and bounds on development over the last couple years, Younger kids are miles ahead of what they used be in skill and skating. I think the Sydney Crosby program started just before the cross ice that got more kids involved, I would say it started around the 04's birth year and grown year over year. I also think most kids around the 99-03 birthyears where getting into the sport when the pens sucked, where bankrupt and threating to leave town which effected the Pittsburgh market more than others in midam, but still had an effect. I have a pretty good eye on the area talent from 04-10 and can see midam has tons of talents. Also as much as some may hate PPE, before they brought in the crew from Chicago and pushed the Excel Program, lots of the younger kids did benefit from the program and has caused other programs to step it up and as the program continues to push out the local kids as they bring in out of town and out of country kids, those kids still manage to develop elsewhere. Logan Cooley #3 in the draft this year was the first of this new crop, I think people are noticing there is a lot of talent in this market and you will see lots of kids in Tier 1/2 Jr and eventually D1 college from the midam market. 

• Like 1