Wait a second.......

14 minutes ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

heard this for almost a year and a half now, if its the guy I think thats behind it. he will pull the trigger on this deal, only down fall visits in a terrible location area 

And he has spent that time working on the project.  He has the attitude of, "If I build it, they will come."

2 hours ago, twoboys said:

North has Alpha, the Frozen Pond Lemieux, Baeirl and Shadyside.  That is 9 sheets.  Also, there is also PIA and the Belmont if you consider them North.

My intent was not to start a North vs South discussion.  It was to point out the volume of hockey played in the South Hills...

But since you started it...

1) Lemiuex is not used by a PAHL team. 

2)  Alpha is 22 miles from Baierl.  Do people in Harmar even consider themselves in the North Hills?

3)  All four rinks in the South Hills are within 12 miles, with three of them very close to each other.

4)  I like the North Hills and the South Hills and Pittsburgh in general...

For all you people struggling to get to the YMCA or Ice Castle message me where you are coming from and I'll send you the side streets to avoid the crap traffic ? I don't know if it's just because I live here but there are about a dozen alternatives and I don't go anywhere that takes me on 19 or 88 they are pretty easy to bypass. If someone can do the same and tell me how to bypass 28 and save time I'll send you some Venmo bucks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

For all you people struggling to get to the YMCA or Ice Castle message me where you are coming from and I'll send you the side streets to avoid the crap traffic ? I don't know if it's just because I live here but there are about a dozen alternatives and I don't go anywhere that takes me on 19 or 88 they are pretty easy to bypass. If someone can do the same and tell me how to bypass 28 and save time I'll send you some Venmo bucks. 

This is laughable..  It is a nightmare getting to Ice Castle, Lebo, or the YMCA during peak traffic time.  Maybe not to bad if you have a helicopter!  Not saying don't play there but those are three rinks I hate going to for early evening games or practices during the week.  

25 minutes ago, Carl Racki said:

This is laughable..  It is a nightmare getting to Ice Castle, Lebo, or the YMCA during peak traffic time.  Maybe not to bad if you have a helicopter!  Not saying don't play there but those are three rinks I hate going to for early evening games or practices during the week.  

Again give me a general direction you are coming from and I'll guide you. It's very easy from the west (79).   From the east I can give you the side streets but whatever?  Tell me how to get to alpha and New Ken (maybe worse is Allegheny Badgers out 376) at rush hour and we can call it even. 

Edited by aaaahockey
Grammar
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 8:36 AM, Flavio said:

I laid the facts out there and then it got personal and I’m all of the sudden trolling. Outside of the logistics that no one can dispute- which alienate everyone east of the city… the dream destination here is a rink that’s currently converted one of their two rinks to a soccer field. 

Call it trolling. Get mad. Cry together. Whatever you want to do. What you won’t be doing is participating in a tier 1 program at printscape. Whether that’s a new venture or Esmark splitting ice there. It’s not happening. 

And that’s the BOTTOM LINE. 

- Flavi 

Sorry man. Bottom line is that Esmark just announced they were splitting ice at Printscape next season.

• 100 2

3 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

So.... here we go again with the PPE Girls teams and their never-ending issues.

The 14, 16 and 18U teams have been scrubbed from the site. They've already sent one set of Coaches packing this season and it sounds like the replacement ones are already out as well.

Why have they left and/or been fired?

12 hours ago, Danner27 said:

lol - the Steelers old kicker is a coach ? I don’t even have look, I’m assuming he has a young girl who plays. 

He does but he also strikes me as one of their more competent coaches to be honest.  Played a lot of hockey and knows the game well.  Can't say for certain but just from seeing him coach from a distance. 

• Like 2

On 2/18/2023 at 7:29 PM, Danner27 said:

lol - the Steelers old kicker is a coach ? I don’t even have look, I’m assuming he has a young girl who plays. 

Not to further a stereotype, but he grew up in Canada and played hockey as a kid. Not sure if he was ever good enough to play AAA or even faux AAA, but I don't think he's running on the ice with kicker's cleats.

43 minutes ago, Spear and Magic Helmet said:

Not to further a stereotype, but he grew up in Canada and played hockey as a kid. Not sure if he was ever good enough to play AAA or even faux AAA, but I don't think he's running on the ice with kicker's cleats.

The kickers cleats made me lol for real! 

On 2/18/2023 at 7:29 PM, Danner27 said:

He's a good coach. Being a former NFL player is an asset, not a liability or a joke as you make it out to be. That's valuable experience when it comes to work ethic, structure, discipline, attitude, skill acquisition, what it takes to get to the next level, etc. Not to mention he knows hockey and is a good hockey coach.

I'll take that over Joe Pittsburgh from Blawnox that can barely stand on skates anymore and still talks about his mediocre high school hockey career in the early 90s.

Edited by RJUSHL
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, RJUSHL said:

He's a good coach. Being a former NFL player is an asset, not a liability or a joke as you make it out to be. That's valuable experience when it comes to work ethic, structure, discipline, attitude, skill acquisition, what it takes to get to the next level, etc. Not to mention he knows hockey and is a good hockey coach.

I'll take that over Joe Pittsburgh from Blawnox that can barely stand on skates anymore and still talks about his mediocre high school hockey career in the early 90s.

Don’t compleltly disagree - didn’t kesiel try to be a coach or something ? Tried to take ober the mites program with the kicker ? I could be compleltly wrong, I recall hearing something of the sort. 

27 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Don’t compleltly disagree - didn’t kesiel try to be a coach or something ? Tried to take ober the mites program with the kicker ? I could be compleltly wrong, I recall hearing something of the sort. 

I don’t believe this is true. I’ve known them both for quite a while. To your inquiry into his qualifications- he was a good player in his own right. He knows quite a lot about the game, is a good coach and motivator, and has had successful teams. He’s done just about as much for girls hockey in pittsburgh over the last 5 years as anyone.