2023-2024 Esmark (PIA & Printscape)

The Esmark announcement specifically states that practices and games will be split between PIA (New Ken) and Printscape (Southpointe).

https://www.esmarkstars.com/tryouts-information

This means that Printscape is for sure getting an additional sheet of ice.

Rebellion and all the large school organizations that practice out of Printscape seem to already be limited by ice time. Peters and Canon Mac are large school organizations with teams at all levels. I believe Rebellion has had to limit their number of teams and make cuts the past few years. Only way this works is if they add a second sheet.

Has anyone been there recently and seen signs of construction?

The announcement also mentions the Viper Stars still being based out of New Ken. But wasn't that announcement a few weeks ago aligning Esmark with the Huskies? 

Edited by RJUSHL

If it’s one practice a week at PIA and one at Printscape or like one week all at PIA and the next all at Printscape I could absolutely see a few Preds/Shaha/Lebo kids making the switch.

Just curious, how much are Esmark season fees? Closer to PPE price or Vengeance price?

Wow, did you look at the information?  It's all over the place and very hard to read.  They have last years tryout info still in the page so you really have to look through it all to figure it out.  It does say they are having tryouts at Printscape but it sure doesn't mention them being there for 23-24.  If you look close they are only having 1 tryout date at Printscape to 2 or 3 at PIA.  Does it mean that all the kids will have to tryout at both places?  As for the Viper Stars info it's all from last year. You would think they would have taken out all that info before posting.  

3 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Wow, did you look at the information?  It's all over the place and very hard to read.  They have last years tryout info still in the page so you really have to look through it all to figure it out.  It does say they are having tryouts at Printscape but it sure doesn't mention them being there for 23-24.  If you look close they are only having 1 tryout date at Printscape to 2 or 3 at PIA.  Does it mean that all the kids will have to tryout at both places?  As for the Viper Stars info it's all from last year. You would think they would have taken out all that info before posting.  

* Utilization of both Pittsburgh Ice Arena and Printscape Arena for practices and games

^^ That part is on the page at the bottom. I agree. Kind of hard to read. More details would be helpful.

Edited by RJUSHL

1 minute ago, RJUSHL said:

* Utilization of both Pittsburgh Ice Arena and Printscape Arena for practices and games

^^ That part is on the page at the bottom. I agree. Kind of hard to read. More details would be helpful.

Yeah I went back and read it again!  Sure will be interesting to see where their kids come from!  Might draw some from the South Hills in the younger age groups who are not crazy about the PIA drive all the time! Esmark always tries to get their info out there early.  I'm sure it will be subject to change,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, forbin said:

If it’s one practice a week at PIA and one at Printscape or like one week all at PIA and the next all at Printscape I could absolutely see a few Preds/Shaha/Lebo kids making the switch.

Just curious, how much are Esmark season fees? Closer to PPE price or Vengeance price?

Are you including tuition at North Catholic and Excel in there?  

8 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

Are you including tuition at North Catholic and Excel in there?  

Haha, no I wasn’t. Was more looking at like peewee age. PPE is like $6500? Vengeance is like $4000? Just wondering where Esmark falls in line. 

4 hours ago, RJUSHL said:

I wonder if this will pull AAA SHAHA and Preds kids? They'll probably have to be much more specific about how the split will work.

I thought it was established by wisdom on this board that nobody will want to go to Printscape, so it certainly will not pull SHAHA and Preds players! ?

This question is part of what we were all speculating about in that other thread. I'd guess that as long as Taibi is at SHAHA his players will stay with him. But it will be interesting to see what effect this has on the other teams in the area.

59 minutes ago, forbin said:

Haha, no I wasn’t. Was more looking at like peewee age. PPE is like $6500? Vengeance is like $4000? Just wondering where Esmark falls in line. 

This isn’t easy to answer for any team.  It all depends on how much they ask for on top of the fees.  And teams within an organization can be different.  

Edited by twoboys

15 minutes ago, twoboys said:

This isn’t easy to answer for any team.  It all depends on how much they ask for on top of the fees.  And teams within an organization can be different.  

Fair enough. I’m sure it’s around that number and if I really wanted to know I could email someone at Esmark. 

10 hours ago, forbin said:

Maybe a parent from the U18, 2006, 2007 or 2008 teams can comment on travel costs.  Two trips to MN, one to NE, one to FL and numerous away games in NJ, MA, IL and MI adds up to a ton of money for travel, airfare, meals, etc.  My guess all in with tuition and travel a season could be $20K  or more.

• Holy Moly 1

4 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

So the Esmark imports typically reside in the Johnstown area because McCort is the only school who will take them, correct? Johnstown to PIA is bad enough, Johsntown to Printscape........... 

Almost two hours. So just like playing in Cleveland for those folks who make that lovely commute.

They also have strong ties to Canevin so I'd assume all imports will now go there.  I don't have any proof of this, but seems the most likely based on their history.

32 minutes ago, Icebucket said:

They also have strong ties to Canevin so I'd assume all imports will now go there.  I don't have any proof of this, but seems the most likely based on their history.

That relationship was severed years and years ago. I don’t see it being repaired but strange things happen & money talks. 

I was told esmark placed their U15 goalie from Dayton, OH (tri state) into montour school district this year. Was told Montour did not have a capable goalie going into the season. Someone fact check it, see if it’s true. I haven’t followed much pihl this year. Just a few local teams in aaa. 

edit - checked EP, looks true. Don’t know the circumstances but the kid is playing for montour. 

Edited by Danner27

27 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

That relationship was severed years and years ago. I don’t see it being repaired but strange things happen & money talks. 

I was told esmark placed their U15 goalie from Dayton, OH (tri state) into montour school district this year. Was told Montour did not have a capable goalie going into the season. Someone fact check it, see if it’s true. I haven’t followed much pihl this year. Just a few local teams in aaa. 

edit - checked EP, looks true. Don’t know the circumstances but the kid is playing for montour. 

The goalie is billeting with a Montour family. Montour only had one goalie for 2 teams before this kid came in. And PIHL continues to schedule JV and Varsity games on the same night and sometimes even at the same time(last night). Without this goalie, they don’t have one for many JV games this year. Montour has 10 kids skating on JV team. Makes no sense but this a topic for another thread. He is the better of the 2 goalies and has improved the team, but like I said, without him, JV has no goalie for a large number of games. So either Montour “finds” another goalie or their whole JV team suffers because PIHL somehow can’t figure out how to stop scheduling varsity and JV games at the same time. And the JV suffers anyway because the often play with depleted rosters. 

• Like 1