Montour Hockey

3 hours ago, Ihearthockey said:

To keep it from getting buried....

The student is a billeted player, unless a court-appointed guardianship is in place between the player and the hostfamily. This does not pertain to foreign students who have been approved by USA Hockey

Is the student a billet, living with somebody other than his parents out of state for the purposes of playing hockey? YES/NO

Did the student's parents sign over guardianship to the billet family? YES/NO

Did Montour submit the paperwork to have this student treated as an exception to the Athletic Intent rule? YES/NO

Did PIHL approve the exception paperwork? YES/NO

Seems pretty straightforward to me.  

As you saw from the montour posters (I was acually told by someone involved) - their stance is the kid wasn’t a transfer  because he did not start HS yet. I think montours attorney friend’s looked at PIAA and didn’t realize hockey is not under that umbrella, these people thought they found a loop hole. They also do not realize the rules are different for visa transfers. 

in the end, montour needed a goalie, found one. They knew if he was considered a transfer he would have to sit a year. They tried to skirt the rules, thinking they found a loophole & got caught. But I’m still sticking with my theory pihl is not going to want to hold the playoffs up or deal with the litigation. 

• 100 1

10 minutes ago, Stackthepads said:

PIHL reps check the players that are dressed before each game.  What happened there?  Did they count 21 and not say anything until after the fact?  Why no forfeited game there?  Oh- probably because they only had 20.

Any clue as to why the rule is different for foreign students since you know all the facts and have all the answers?  I have been curious about that.  Seems a little discriminatory.  Shouldn’t it apply to all students?  I understand that there are way more foreign billeting students playing in the PIHL than American billeting kids.  Is that true or false?  Someone out there has had to have done the background checks and compare rosters in their free time.  Hit me with the info!

Go to the PIHL website it explains everything that you are asking.

• Like 1

Some of you guys might be the biggest losers I've ever seen. @Danner27, genuine question, when you get home from work is the first thing you do hop on the great western pa hockey forum. Like find a real hobby jeez. I clicked on your comments cause you 1.2k of them and god they're hard to look at. Bro thinks hes some alpha male on this random ass forum cause he uses big words and always "talked to a guy" about a topic. You argue with the same 10 losers over random bullshit. It's just comical. That's it.

• 100 1

1 minute ago, Stackthepads said:

Saying that “it does not pertain to foreign students” is not an explanation but rather a statement.  Is there something else written on the site?  Enlighten me please…

I am not certain if this is why the rule is the way it is or not, but years ago Canevin would host the European players who came over to play for Esmark.  They got challenged (I think by QV) on these players not being eligible as transfers.  The lawyers for these European players threatened PIHL with lawsuits for preventing the players from playing when their visas clearly state that they are here for educational purposes.  So even though everyone knows they are here for hockey first, since the visa lists education, PIHL couldn't stop them.

No idea if thats exactly why the rules are the way they are today, but would make sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PirateMan said:

Some of you guys might be the biggest losers I've ever seen. @Danner27, genuine question, when you get home from work is the first thing you do hop on the great western pa hockey forum. Like find a real hobby jeez. I clicked on your comments cause you 1.2k of them and god they're hard to look at. Bro thinks hes some alpha male on this random ass forum cause he uses big words and always "talked to a guy" about a topic. You argue with the same 10 losers over random bullshit. It's just comical. That's it.

The truth hurts eh ? You don’t like that I know the facts ? 

I am basically retired,  sold my company a few years back. I still consult for them, along with others in my old industry if you really need to know. 

sorry it bothers you I have ok grammer. 

Admittedly, I’m a guy still trying to let go of hockey since both my boys have been done.  I spent most of my adult life in rinks. This board gives me an outlet to sometimes help new hockey parents, or as you said, argue with some. But I’m still pretty connected and made a lot of friends along the way.

but what you really don’t like - I found the truth! 

Edited by Danner27
  • Like 3

Heard the Goalie already went back to Ohio

Peter Puck always starts the best Posts knows how to stir the POT.

To bad is my last year of Hockey but I will miss making you all crazy but won’t miss paying that Hockey Bill.

To you all GOOD BYE and keep paying that ridiculous Hockey Bill and for you Parents that play for PPE run when your done your kid won’t be playing D1 Hockey unless your still paying for it in College playing D1 Club and your loan your took out will be over $100,000

Play another sport Hockey now is not worth the game PPE and Rinks ruin that.

Dum Ass!

19 hours ago, Stackthepads said:

As you know hockey is a club sport.  Zero school sponsorship.  Montour does not even mention ice hockey on their website under athletics.  Should they remove the parents in charge and then just fold the program?  Who do you expect to take charge?  Do other schools have an AD that is highly involved in their hockey program?  

Yout High School Team takes the School name The AD runs it if someone rotten goes wrong you will feel his wrath

1 hour ago, PirateMan said:

To echo someone’s sentiments before, Danner can be abrasive but ultimately brings more value than a guy who probably a)“talked to a guy” and learned about this board b)joined said board two days ago c) creeped a members profile and after reading his posts d) put some serious F. Lee Bailey work into piecing together Danner’s posting schedule/habits and e)called a bunch of people losers on his 3rd post.

Now. THAT’S comical.

Honestly… we need THE KING to come back for just this thread lol

Sorry about the multiple posts folks, just had knee surgery and I’m laid up and slightly medicated with nothing better to do today.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, muckerandgrinder said:

To echo someone’s sentiments before, Danner can be abrasive but ultimately brings more value than a guy who probably a)“talked to a guy” and learned about this board b)joined said board two days ago c) creeped a members profile and after reading his posts d) put some serious F. Lee Bailey work into piecing together Danner’s posting schedule/habits and e)called a bunch of people losers on his 3rd post.

Now. THAT’S comical.

Honestly… we need THE KING to come back for just this thread lol

Sorry about the multiple posts folks, just had knee surgery and I’m laid up and slightly medicated with nothing better to do today.

I’ve done hours upon hours of research on danner. I know exactly when he posts, his full name, life story, etc. 

Heard last night during the 96th hour of deliberations the jury ordered in some Big Shot Bobs.  One juror was firm in his resolve for Primantis and threatened a hunger strike if he didn't get a cheesesteak.  Also overnight, the Jury summoned the Attorneys and asked to examine the goalie's blocker and Birth certificate. Can you read anything into that? It sounds like they are close to a verdict and doing their due diligence.

• Like 1
  • ROTF 1

1 hour ago, PeterThePuck said:

Heard last night PIHL probably cancel playoffs if Montour sues and fight this.

The rule is the rule Montour better watch out cause PIHL can suspend their program for years if this gets nasty.

PIAA would do that

Where is Montour AD and Principal in all this. 

Hockey is club sport, not school sport, they aren’t associated 

58 minutes ago, PeterThePuck said:

How can a Parent lawyer for a High School Club represent Montour School District 

High School Hockey has your school district name.

PIHL should go to Montour Superintendent and ask if this person represents your school district

The name is used, for the area dude school isn’t associated with the team hockey isn’t even on the schools website man