Montour Hockey

8 hours ago, PirateMan said:

Do you know what cheating means? How does accidentally rostering an extra kid who didn’t even play in the game, and having an extra “coach” on the bench give montour a competitive advantage? You think you know what you’re talking about but you don’t. You can put “third” in bold all you want but get your facts right first.

Yes counting to 20 is pretty tough

2 hours ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

wow over youth sports, now that laughable!!! NTM they probably lose in first round anyways too

I know right… people worried about a goalie in a youth sport - enough to complain about it and derail a whole teams season. 

Edited by Flavio
  • Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, Flavio said:

I know right… people worried about a goalie in a youth sport - enough to complain about it and derail a whole teams season. 

I see that part. But what about the team who followed the rules that would've been in the playoffs if the ineligible kid hadn't played and Montour had to go with a goalie who-no other way to say it- isn't as good and probably wouldn't have won enough games to make the playoffs? So screw that whole team that played within the rules because the 14 year-old "just wanted to play"? 

Again: Follow the rules. Don't be sneaky. If you can't do that, then don't get unraveled when it bites you in the ass. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

I see that part. But what about the team who followed the rules that would've been in the playoffs if the ineligible kid hadn't played and Montour had to go with a goalie who-no other way to say it- isn't as good and probably wouldn't have won enough games to make the playoffs? So screw that whole team that played within the rules because the 14 year-old "just wanted to play"? 

Again: Follow the rules. Don't be sneaky. If you can't do that, then don't get unraveled when it bites you in the ass. 

That goalie beat Avonworth…just saying.  

Just now, Stackthepads said:

Exactly what I am saying is how can anyone make the assumption that montour would have missed the playoffs?  That’s what I’m just saying…

Then maybe they should have stuck with “that goalie” because if they did, if they made the playoffs then that means the kids earned it and would have been 100% legit.

They didn’t stick with “that goalie,” are paying for it now and are not in the playoffs.

Just saying.

• 100 5

3 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Then maybe they should have stuck with “that goalie” because if they did, if they made the playoffs then that means the kids earned it and would have been 100% legit.

They didn’t stick with “that goalie,” are paying for it now and are not in the playoffs.

Just saying.

fafa fooli-

maybe…maybe he should not have been approved by PIHL before the season on the official roster….maybe they should have folded their JV team since games overlapped on the same nights, maybe Scotty Bowman should not have been allowed on their bench, maybe Conner McDavid shouldn’t have snuck into a game as the 21st player that apparently played with a cloak of invisibility…lots of maybe’s.  But that’s what get these chats going, lots of maybe’s, assumptions, and hearsay with very few facts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stackthepads said:

fafa fooli-

maybe…maybe he should not have been approved by PIHL before the season on the official roster….maybe they should have folded their JV team since games overlapped on the same nights, maybe Scotty Bowman should not have been allowed on their bench, maybe Conner McDavid shouldn’t have snuck into a game as the 21st player that apparently played with a cloak of invisibility…lots of maybe’s.  But that’s what get these chats going, lots of maybe’s, assumptions, and hearsay with very few facts.

Maybe he was approved because Montour didn't fill out the proper paperwork (which has been proven) because the coach has a scetchy history as it is and it continued into the season with his 2 suspensions. Montours big excuse is that he wasn't a transfer because he wasn't in highschool last year but only 8th grade. 

The facts are the coach knew exactly what he was doing in this situation and if Montour players or parents want to be mad then be mad at him. It is no one else's fault.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stackthepads said:

fafa fooli-

Fact - Montour is not in the playoffs.  

Maybe, just maybe you should stop crying, take the L and move on. It’s over. Most of the Montour loonies have left but you’re still here playing the victim.  Stop placing the blame on others and look within the Montour program. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Fact - Montour is not in the playoffs.  

Maybe, just maybe you should stop crying, take the L and move on. It’s over. Most of the Montour loonies have left but you’re still here playing the victim.  Stop placing the blame on others and look within the Montour program. 

Not over yet, Montour won't go away. They are preparing to sue come Monday.

Nothing like blaming everyone else except for the person/people responsible

• Like 3

Montour people, 

There are individuals who use this message board as an outlet for gratification much beyond most of our understanding. Quite a few people who don’t have self awareness and aren’t taken seriously when they try to get their talking points across in person. It makes them feel powerful to post their opinion here, then support it by responding to themselves with their second and third username. It’s very common here unfortunately. 

While I can’t speak for your coach - your kids did nothing wrong. They don’t deserve this outcome. A lot of people outside of your coaching and board - “letting this go” all season, only to raise an issue this late in the game - speaks for itself. It’s a hit piece and it was used as a strategy to derail your team. This is the common thought process when this subject is spoken about in person. Many people are “on your side”. Nobody in their right mind thinks the kid was placed in Montour to play for the high school team - especially given the family he’s with who go above and beyond for every single team their kids participate with. 

This board has some real goobers who flock to each other and make it seem as if their narrative speaks for the hockey world. Please dont give these people any mind. 

- Big Flavs

Edited by Flavio
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

They’re billeting the kid for Esmark. Billets don’t grow on trees. There are some in that org billeting two players. The absolute goofiest talking point is that this kid was intentionally placed in Montour to be their goalie. 

You’re just a bunch of whiners who couldn’t beat the kid, but were kaniving enough to wait it out and use it as a chess piece. You’re pathetic none the less. 

Stop the whining and just go beat the kid. Same mindset for high school football when you’re up against a Catholic school that recruits. Bring it up in November or shut your hoe mouth and go score some goals. Absolute losers you are, and anyone who defends Montour kids losing out on a season. I hope their attorney sues so hard that Avonworth has to shut the street lights off to pay court fees 

Edited by Flavio
  • Like 1

There is so much bitch made stuff that goes on like this in the Pittsburgh hockey community. Not so much in AAA, but PAHL and high school hockey. Just absolute weasels always circling the wagon. It’s nausea inducing. I feel whole heartedly for the people who have to deal with these kind of shit heads every season. It’s not as prevalent in AAA travel, as you aren’t around other teams enough to inspire the weaseling, but the teams playing locally - god do some of you people have to put up with more than enough. It’s always some conspiracy in PAHL and High School. Always have a network of male karens checking the other teams birth certificates or whether the ref is up to date on his certifications. 

Also the kid is from Ohio. OMG that’s like 5k miles away… this would be like Montour recruiting in Quebec for a goalie. As David pokes his glasses back up his nose and calls Mark right away to let him know “we got them”… 

Edited by Flavio

Seriously flav, we get it. You are another montour parent. Everyone here has gone over and over what the issue is & why it happened. You are literally beating a dead horse. Montour is out. I don’t see the injunction they are filing with the courts doing anything but dragging their own name through the mud longer. You montour folks don’t think PIHL is prepared for things of this nature ? They wouldn’t have DQ the team and denied the appeal if they had any fear blame was on them. I’ve been talking to few coaches in AAA & AA - they all say the same thing - montour got caught. One told me the montour board doesn’t not have a registrar, how is that possible ? Sounds like the org was ruined by parents, now run by incompetent parents.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Flavio said:

There is so much bitch made stuff that goes on like this in the Pittsburgh hockey community. Not so much in AAA, but PAHL and high school hockey. Just absolute weasels always circling the wagon. It’s nausea inducing. I feel whole heartedly for the people who have to deal with these kind of shit heads every season. It’s not as prevalent in AAA travel, as you aren’t around other teams enough to inspire the weaseling, but the teams playing locally - god do some of you people have to put up with more than enough. It’s always some conspiracy in PAHL and High School. Always have a network of male karens checking the other teams birth certificates or whether the ref is up to date on his certifications. 

Ok we found the montour parent who has a kid playing “AAA” for the icemen, predator’s or vengance.

You dorks accuse me of everything. Go read the wait a second thread - I was a parent of an Esmark kid and I lived out east. Now I’m a Montour parent. 

The truth is - I’m just calling it exactly like it is on the current topic. I know a lot about the local scene. I know many people. 

- FLAVI 

I can’t speak for Montour board or coaching. Nothing to say. I have no knowledge on that end. 

It doesn’t take a scholar to see that this was let go the entire season, then used as a ploy. That’s my beef. Maybe Montours admin did it on purpose and they drink baby blood to boot - great - why didn’t someone bring it up early on? Now a whole roster of kids and seniors has to act as collateral.