Montour Hockey

I've heard that PIHL is not delaying anything and it's business as usual.  That confidence is high.  Take that for what it's worth.  I guess PIHL is communicating with schools and schools are communicating with parents because of how public this is...and because playoffs start tomorrow.  

Choosing to delay anything at this point would look horrible. They aren’t stupid. They will proceed with matters until when/if they are legally required to address this issue. Right now, they are moving forward. It’s not news and it’s not high confidence lol

If you are interested, you can find the court info by creating an account here and searching for the case. It's public record. I attached the whole thing if you care to read it.

https://dcr.alleghenycounty.us

All it takes to sue someone is a filing fee. That doesn't mean you're right or wrong or say anything about relative strength of the case.

That said, the basis of the suit appears to be that:

A) The commissioner said the goalie was good to go, and his word is stronger than that of the Rules Interpreter.
B) The goalie never went to another high school, so the transfer rules do not apply to him.
C) Even if the goalie is now "ineligible", he was not ineligible at the time he played, and he has not played since the hearing, so those 10 games should still count.
D) The PIHL cannot change their mind. If the goalie was declared eligible, the PIHL cannot suddenly rule differently on the same set of facts.

The thing that is missing in the evidence submitted is any proof of A - there is no specific mention of the goalie being eligible. It may have been a spoken conversation, I don't know. But that I think is going to hurt their case.

Keep in mind I am not an attorney, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

montourcase.pdf

• Haha 1

The judge is going to look at this and ask why the kid was on the ice for 10 games and there was no problem. That’s just as much of an issue for PIHL as Montour having an issue with possibly not having anything in writing. 

If these rules are so important, why didn’t PIHL act to make sure they were being followed? How did the kid play 10 games or whatever. Remember, judge likely isn’t look at it through a hockey lense. Won’t necessarily be forgiving to the fact that the kid was allowed to step foot on the ice and play sanctioned games - and no one stopped him. IF these rules are so important. Why isn’t there measures in place to prevent something like this happening? 

How did a kid play a whole season and it wasn’t an issue? 

Edited by Flavio
  • Uh, Ok 1

SO lets spitball here:

What if Montour has some written documentation from the former president in which (he) says the goalie is good to go.... Is his word law even if the proper PIHL procedures are not followed and paperwork filed? Can the president unilaterally over rule established rules and procedures? Montour files paperwork based on the "Ok: the got from the former prez (believing that there is no issue and no need to mark the transfer student check  box). PAHL rubber stamps paperwork at the start of the season as they have no (check mark) to alert them to look deeper. Mistake is found (reported to them?) just in time for playoff roster audits....... Judge Wapner and Judge Judy what sayeth ye?

Edited by GrumpyOldPucker

1 minute ago, GrumpyOldPucker said:

SO lets spitball here:

What if Montour has some written documentation from the former president in which (he) says the goalie is good to go.... Is his word law even if the proper PIHL procedures are not followed and paperwork filed? Can the president unilaterally over rule established rules and procedures? PAHL rubber stamps paperwork at the start of the season as they have no (check mark) to alert them to look deeper. Mistake is found (reported to them?) just in time for playoff roster audits....... Judge Wapner and Judge Judy what sayeth ye?

If they did have any evidence whatsoever  I'm sure it was presented at ice castle the other night.  I don't think it was. 

Again, the judge is going to look at this and ask why the kid was able to play 10 games without anyone noticing / now it’s an issue. 

What procedures are in place to ensure these rules are followed? Why did they fail? The asinine part is that PIHL will probably come away with this by having a rep at each game to verify players. But maybe they should be required to do that if they indeed are telling players they can play, then recanting later on. 

Edited by Flavio

5 minutes ago, GrumpyOldPucker said:

They could have presented evidence and PIHL said "Nope.... not good enough".... That's why I asked if the PIHL prez can make a unilateral executive decision contrary to (or circumventing) established rules? Might come down to how the PIHL rules are written. Could we see a re-write for clarification over the summer?

Montour never filed the PROPER paperwork, they filed the paperwork they wanted under false pretenses. They knew exactly what they were doing when they did it and they are now mad that they got caught. Montour never stated that the kid was a billet or transfer student from Ohio because their arg5eas that he was never in high school before so there for he was not "transferring" to Montour.

• Are you sure? 1

4 minutes ago, Flavio said:

Again, the judge is going to look at this and ask why the kid was able to play 10 games without anyone noticing / now it’s an issue. 

What procedures are in place to ensure these rules are followed? Why did they fail? The asinine part is that PIHL will probably come away with this by having a rep at each game to verify players. But maybe they should be required to do that if they indeed are telling players they can play, then recanting later on. 

How many times do you have to be told that Montour never filed the proper paperwork. Yes the kid was approved to play as a resident of Montour who wasn't a billet or transfer student. They lied from the beginning.

PIHL goes over all the paperwork AGAIN at the end of the season just to make sure everything is in order and it wasn't.

Edited by Pucks11
  • Are you sure? 1

15 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

How many times do you have to be told that Montour never filed the proper paperwork. Yes the kid was approved to play as a resident of Montour who wasn't a billet or transfer student. They lied from the beginning.

How the f**k do you lie on paperwork and it doesn’t get caught. Did the kid change his last name to the billets? Did they not find a conflict with the address he provided? Did they make up an address? Did they not get signatures from his parents who don’t live in Montour? No proof of residence? Birth Certificate? 

What kind of half ass verification process is going on with PIHL that they miss all that? You’re acting like somebody scribbled his name down on a piece of paper and wrote “Montour resident” next to it and turned it in. There are checks and balances that this kid clearly passed. 

And until you state your affiliation to this situation - don’t come on here speaking in absolutes. For all we know you’re some goober dad hanging around outside the meeting room - because we know a handful of you here would be “those guys”. 

- Big Flavi

Edited by Flavio
  • Fist Bump 1

22 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

PIHL goes over all the paperwork AGAIN at the end of the season just to make sure everything is in order and it wasn't.

Oh I bet lol 

They went over everything again, likely excuse. 

Seems more and more like you may be one of the strongest opponents of Montour. So your credibility is shrinking by the minute. 

Edited by Flavio

Just now, Flavio said:

Oh I bet lol 

They went over everything again, likely excuse. 

Seems more and more like you may be one of the strongest opponents of Montour. So your credibility is shrinking by the minute. 

Dude you want answers and then argue every one you are given.

Montour filed the wrong paperwork on purpose and the kid was approved, when PIHL did their 2nd look at the end of the season to make sure everything was in order they found that the kid had an address the same as another player and that's when the questions started swirling about who he was and why he never came up under Montour before.

I know simple reasoning is hard for you to understand apparently but that's how the process works and went down.

3 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

Dude you want answers and then argue every one you are given.

Montour filed the wrong paperwork on purpose and the kid was approved, when PIHL did their 2nd look at the end of the season to make sure everything was in order they found that the kid had an address the same as another player and that's when the questions started swirling about who he was and why he never came up under Montour before.

I know simple reasoning is hard for you to understand apparently but that's how the process works and went down.

Explain how they filed the wrong paper work. 

The address he listed was clearly the billet address if they found that it was the same as his billet family, where is the lie? Sounds like at worst, Montour filled out papers and someone on PiHLS end didn’t do their due dilligence. 

No one is buying the “second look over” thing either. Drop that asap. Original poster even listed the the organizations that were “after them”. 

No chance PIHL wasn’t aware of this kids situation and if they weren’t - their checks and balances are a joke. I practically have to give a DNA test to sign my kid up for pre-school soccer at the YMCA…. Give us a break. 

ZERO chance this kid slid by on the “wrong paperwork”. Like it was some 3 line form to fill out. Go to bed. 

Edited by Flavio

2 minutes ago, Flavio said:

Explain how they filed the wrong paper work. 

The address he listed was clearly the billet address if they found that it was the same as his billet family, where is the lie? Sounds like at worst, Montour filled out papers and someone on PiHLS end didn’t do their due dilligence. 

No one is buying the “second look over” thing either. Drop that asap. Original poster even listed the the organizations that were “after them”. 

I have explained ii to you MULTIPLE , it's not my fault you can't comprehend it.

Yes the address was clearly the billets which is why is raised the question how 2 kids with different last names were living at the same house and there was no transfer paperwork filed but just the basic resident paperwork.

You don't have to buy the truth my guy, I know the process and that is 100% the truth. They do a 2nd look at every kid before playoffs start as a just in case.

1 minute ago, Pucks11 said:

I have explained ii to you MULTIPLE , it's not my fault you can't comprehend it.

Yes the address was clearly the billets which is why is raised the question how 2 kids with different last names were living at the same house and there was no transfer paperwork filed but just the basic resident paperwork.

You don't have to buy the truth my guy, I know the process and that is 100% the truth. They do a 2nd look at every kid before playoffs start as a just in case.

HOW DID HE TRANSFER IF HE NEVER WENT TO A HIGH SCHOOL BEFORE? 

4 minutes ago, Flavio said:

Agree!!!!

I would bet money that the people that reported this to PIHL at some point had a conversation with the former Commissioner (RIP) and did not like the answer he gave them.

• Like 2

Just now, Flavio said:

HOW DID HE TRANSFER IF HE NEVER WENT TO A HIGH SCHOOL BEFORE? 

He still changed school districts, PIHL covers Varsity, JV and Middle School. It doesn't matter if he never attended a high school before, he still moved schools.

You must be fun at parties man.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pucks11 said:

He still changed school districts, PIHL covers Varsity, JV and Middle School. It doesn't matter if he never attended a high school before, he still moved schools.

You must be fun at parties man.

Maybe. 

But atleast I’m not curtain jerking outside of PIHL court. With my ear pressed to the door. 

10 minutes ago, Stinger17 said:

Agree!!!!

I would bet money that the people that reported this to PIHL at some point had a conversation with the former Commissioner (RIP) and did not like the answer he gave them.

The 1 team that posted claimed "to be after them" beat them this season. What did they have to gain? The guy they claimed from that team to turn him in kid plays the same position at their club team.

Montour supposedly couldn't find but 1 goalie for the season between JV and V but have a total of 4 listed between to 2 for the season ???

Edited by Pucks11