Montour Hockey

Read the evidence they attached. The letter from pihl says the Billet and transfer for athletic intent isn't the issue.  They found that the kid isn't a resident of the district.  And there is not much disputing that.  

39 minutes ago, Stackthepads said:

Here’s a thought:  Perhaps the manager volunteered late to the game because there was nobody else willing to do it.  Perhaps the manger has a real job or some circumstance that prevented them from attending the “training”.  Perhaps they didn’t want to miss the new episode of Law and Order.  Perhaps they thought to themselves “it’s only high school hockey”.  I don’t freakin know.  All I know is that people are quick to blame others for everything and thinking everyone has a hidden agenda.  That’s why we have a shortage of VOLUNTEERS at all levels.  Who wants to put up with this?  We get it- you are all perfect people, never making mistakes, documenting everything, and always quick to place the blame.  

Go back the 20 some pages. It was already mentioned the manager was the house the billet was staying at.  Regardless, if you Take on the job, you still have to do it properly. 

• Like 1

The fact that some here are so hellbent on this not working out for Montour just shows how personal it is. Montour could cure cancer at this point, and a select group would be out for blood. Thanks for making this an outlet for your weird infatuation. 

Seeing how it has triggered some of the local goofball board regulars… I hope Montour finds their way back in to the postseason and I get to enjoy all the salty tears. No more queefs though. If a woman walks up to me and try to shoot some clam gas at me I’ll beat the bitch up. 

- Coach Flavs

14 minutes ago, hockey57410 said:

Go back the 20 some pages. It was already mentioned the manager was the house the billet was staying at.  Regardless, if you Take on the job, you still have to do it properly. 

Do you have the job description of the montour hockey manager?  Please forward the one you follow or have followed given your expertise.  There couldn’t possibly be differences in job responsibilities between organizations could there?   Noooooo, that’s impossible!  Please have your organization forward so I can tell them what they need to do properly.  

1 hour ago, hockey57410 said:

JV a parents take over board and 1st they First  drives off coach who won Pens cup, 2nd they get blown out last season, 3rd they get suspended from playoffs for ineligible player. Think they’re be more Humble now. 

Coach asked for more money every year must be related to Mort

And he is on this thread by the way

2 minutes ago, Flavio said:

The fact that some here are so hellbent on this not working out for Montour just shows how personal it is. Montour could cure cancer at this point, and a select group would be out for blood. Thanks for making this an outlet for your weird infatuation. 

Seeing how it has triggered some of the local goofball board regulars… I hope Montour finds their way back in to the postseason and I get to enjoy all the salty tears. No more queefs though. If a woman walks up to me and try to shoot some clam gas at me I’ll beat the bitch up. 

- Coach Flavs

I think you are confusing anti-montour with anti-cheating. Most (not all) of the people thinking Montour should be out don't appear to have anything against montour other than their disregard for the rules.

• Like 1

Just now, Icebucket said:

I think you are confusing anti-montour with anti-cheating. Most (not all) of the people thinking Montour should be out don't appear to have anything against montour other than their disregard for the rules.

becareful - they wont like that - so they'll sue you too - how dare you have an opinion 

1 hour ago, Stackthepads said:

Here’s a thought:  Perhaps the manager volunteered late to the game because there was nobody else willing to do it.  Perhaps the manger has a real job or some circumstance that prevented them from attending the “training”.  Perhaps they didn’t want to miss the new episode of Law and Order.  Perhaps they thought to themselves “it’s only high school hockey”.  I don’t freakin know.  All I know is that people are quick to blame others for everything and thinking everyone has a hidden agenda.  That’s why we have a shortage of VOLUNTEERS at all levels.  Who wants to put up with this?  We get it- you are all perfect people, never making mistakes, documenting everything, and always quick to place the blame.  

I used to volunteer at my local organization in a few roles myself. I know it's challenging to know all the rules but as an officer of the organization it's what you signed up for. You will note, if you actually read what I wrote, that I didn't attack any member of Montour's organization. My point was merely to explain that this issue itself is, in fact, covered explicitly in the training that the managers are required by PIHL to attend. Failing to attend the training doesn't mean you don't have to comply with the rules you'd have been trained on had you attended.

It's my opinion that there are a few ways this could've happened with everyone acting on good faith, actually. For instance, although I think that the argument that the player isn't a transfer because they were never in high school before is contrary to both the intent and the letter of the rule as written, it isn't hard for me to imagine a group of people convincing themselves of that interpretation quite honestly just by having someone propose it and doing so convincingly. But that doesn't change the rules, or the responsibilities of the organization, or the right and proper consequences for failure to comply with the rules. It's unfortunate that this happened, no matter why it happened.

You can continue to accuse people who are trying to have an honest conversation all you want - that's certainly increasingly the only point of every post ever made to this discussion forum, sadly. I understand that there are people - kids, really, and sadly so -  being significantly hurt here. But making a mistake - if that's what happened here - may be an explanation, but it's not an excuse. You still have to get your job right or face the consequences.

28 minutes ago, Icebucket said:

The way you all melt down anytime it seems like Montour may be making an argument against the hollow accusations out there… so telling. None of you know the facts. You don’t even know if it was cheating. You’re just some weirdo who gets off on controversy and found good company on this board. 

Most of what is posted here is hearsay. As far as I know, not a single person directly involved has posted here, or has posted any facts about their position.

The good news is, you’re here projecting your personality disorders on this board. Likely having been weeded out of the hockey community so you aren’t able to do anything but bitch on a message board. Thus ensuring the wellbeing of others. 

smd

Edited by Flavio

10 minutes ago, Flavio said:

The way you all melt down anytime it seems like Montour may be making an argument against the hollow accusations out there… so telling. None of you know the facts. You don’t even know if it was cheating. You’re just some weirdo who gets off on controversy found good company on this board. 

Most of what is posted here is hearsay. As far as I know, not a single person directly involved as posted here, or has posted any facts about their position.

The good news is, you’re here projecting your personality disorders on this board. Likely having been weeded out of the hockey community so you aren’t able to do anything but bitch on a message board. Thus ensuring the wellbeing of others. 

smd

Agreed 

First of all he is not a transfer 

Period 

Let's get past that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Overqualified said:

Agreed 

First of all he is not a transfer 

Period 

Let's get past that

I don't know. I think that's ambiguous. After reading the complaint (I geeked out on this over the past hour), a couple things don't sit right with me.

1. Montour is alleging that the virtually entirely undocumented exchange that occurred on April 13, 2022 was the commissioner approving the goalie- even though the email doesn't mention him or his situation really. For this to be true, not only would the goalie need to know he made the Esmark team by April 13, but would have already had the billet family all lined up. If you look, Esmark 2007 BY team, tryouts didn't end until 4/17/22. Not saying they didn't already promise him a spot on the team (I know that happens a lot), but to have the billet situation all figured out even before tryouts ended would be a new one for me. I have billeted before, and typically understand that matching up process happening shortly after tryouts. 

2. The definition of "Transfer" really is a bit vague. It's Section 2.1 of the PIHL playing rules. A Transfer occurs "in any situation in which a student enrolls at or attends a school after having previously been enrolled at or attended any other school, without reference to the time interval between their departure from the one school and their enrollment at the other." You'll see that the definition of whether a Transfer occurs doesn't reference grade at all. Therefore, by a plain reading of this, a 4th grader could be a transfer. However, 2.1B, entitled TRANSFER RELEVANCE, states "FOR PLAYER ELIGIBILITY PURPOSE, the transfer rules in this Section shall only apply to 9th through 12 grade students and all grade levels for foreign students." 

Per my reading, if someone moves to a district at the end of 4th grade to start 5th grade, he or she is technically a Transfer. However, the eligibility rules don't apply because we're only worried about Transfer eligibility from 9-12 grade. It seems to me the spirit of the rule is to have it apply to this goalie (since it seems to be addressing JV and Varsity eligibility, it would be odd that Freshman have a difference set of rules), but I agree there is some ambiguity here. 

They probably should have noted he was a transfer on the roster, and they did not. I actually know the Montour team manager. Good person and good family. Hard worker and helps any time she can. I'm not blaming her for not marking him as a transfer, but had she done that, I think that could have tipped the scales for Montour here (if the judge doesn't side with them based on facts as presented already). I'll stop rambling...