Montour Hockey

17 minutes ago, Theroadtobeerleague said:

Not sure how this situation benefited QV. They did beat Indiana, but if they had been the fifth seed, they would’ve played Kiski, who Indiana just beat last week. And now Quaker Valley has to go on the road and play Fox Chapel, rather than  play North Hills on the ice surface where Quaker Valley practices twice a week. 

Exactly, they just want to blame someone besides their own organization. The team that gained the most was McDowell in getting a first round bye and now a home game that no one wants to make that trip to Erie.

1 minute ago, Baleout21 said:

Not blaming. Just showing how the award thing goes! Everyone gets an award but Montour. Yay!

No - you are wrong - they get an awards - 

the award for the dumbest reason to sue ever goes to......

the award for blame everyone but ourselves goes to... its a mirror trophy so you can look at yourself in it - 

ect... LMN

• Like 1
  • 100 1

1 minute ago, Baleout21 said:

I agree. Go North Hills! Your season has been awesome! Can't wait to see your future games. 

I mean you'll be suspended ( when this is all said and done)  - so what else is there for you to do other than type passive agressive messages and watch someone elses kid play hockey 

2 hours ago, Stackthepads said:

Did I blame Avonworth?  Again- know your facts before opening your trap.  Happy to have a discussion in person if you like.

The reference to thanking  “BB the assistant coach” for Montour being disqualified from playoffs was all that was needed for anyone owning a brain to figure out whom you are pointing fingers at. And now you want to “discuss in person?”  Sure tough guy.

??

Edited by fafa fohi
  • 100 2

5 minutes ago, surecat069 said:

I mean you'll be suspended ( when this is all said and done)  - so what else is there for you to do other than type passive agressive messages and watch someone elses kid play hockey 

Im sorry ...i have always watched someone elses kid play hockey. I'm the uncle, friend, grandparent who enjoys hockey. What some of you folks on this forum have voiced, you would have NEVER spoken face to face with those Montour folks. So...Montour is "suspended" ..does that hurt, bother me...nope! Does it hurt Montour players? Maybe, but they are kids, all they want to do is play hockey. 

Take care folk! Try to be kind!

8 hours ago, Ihearthockey said:

Well I think it may be time to shut this one down.  

I think the playoffs going on as scheduled most of the kids were either banned, put on double unsecret probation, or lost interest and left.  Will probably quiet back down until tryouts start around here. 

24 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

I think the playoffs going on as scheduled most of the kids were either banned, put on double unsecret probation, or lost interest and left.  Will probably quiet back down until tryouts start around here. 

Now that you bring up tryouts it gets me thinking.

If that goalie were to return to Esmark next year and go to Montour again, would he be eligible? Since the games got changed to forfeits would this year count as his year sitting out? I'd think yes, but don't know for sure.

19 minutes ago, Icebucket said:

Now that you bring up tryouts it gets me thinking.

If that goalie were to return to Esmark next year and go to Montour again, would he be eligible? Since the games got changed to forfeits would this year count as his year sitting out? I'd think yes, but don't know for sure.

Good question. I don't know the PIHL board well but I would assume if Montour pushes forward (I doubt they will - would assume they drop it now) I bet PIHL punishes them hardcore if the judge rules against Montour.  Like a season ban at least?  

13 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

Good question. I don't know the PIHL board well but I would assume if Montour pushes forward (I doubt they will - would assume they drop it now) I bet PIHL punishes them hardcore if the judge rules against Montour.  Like a season ban at least?  

I don't know how they would count this year, but I would be kind of surprised if the court case continues. I think the point was just to get the injunction, and when that failed, I think interest fizzled. If the PIHL has additional discipline beyond what has already been doled out, then maybe they would pursue it in court, but otherwise I think the court case is more or less dead.

• Like 1

Don't know if interest fizzled as much as it becomes a dead issue. No one is going to care much now that playoffs are well under way.  PIHL might have to try and clarify the rule better if possible.  Ultimately the kids who just wanted to play hockey are the collateral damage in all this. I think the Covid cancellation of the finals was worse.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, Pa Hockey said:

Coach quits in the newspaper. He cheated,  kids were the ones impacted , he walks away. What a low life. I’m sure montour wil. Try to spin this into a we were innocent or targeted. Meanwhile, they cheated by not having any paperwork. Funny how none of the montour accounts on here have any proof. That coach should be embarrassed for how he used that district. 

• 100 2

46 minutes ago, hockey57410 said:

Coach quits in the newspaper. He cheated,  kids were the ones impacted , he walks away. What a low life. I’m sure montour wil. Try to spin this into a we were innocent or targeted. Meanwhile, they cheated by not having any paperwork. Funny how none of the montour accounts on here have any proof. That coach should be embarrassed for how he used that district. 

0F6E64DE-F73A-4067-B33A-3A554C168232.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 100 1

54 minutes ago, hockey57410 said:

Proof of what?

47 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

You know proof of what, stop playing dumb.

Something in writing stating that the ineligible kid was deemed eligible by the correct person at PIHL.

But obviously it doesn't exist, and never did. 

Nobody claimed they had paperwork because none was needed.  So who’s playing dumb?  If this was high school football or basketball, 2 sports that rank well above high school hockey in all aspects, this would not have been considered a transfer.  Does anyone realize that?  Even the judge commented on the ambiguity of the transfer definition so why do people still insist that it was cheating?  

montour secret pre-season meeting- “let’s bring in the 14 year old goalie specifically to play high school hockey and only dress him for 10 games”.  

• Dislike 1

10 hours ago, Stackthepads said:

Some people are beyond convincing….I’ll let it go

stackthepads out

For the last time stack the pads is obviously Montour parent probably on the board. You willingly tried to hide the kid/cheat. Regardless of what the judge “felt bad about “you cost these kids the season. No one believes your flimsy story about he really “wasn’t “a transfer.

and you must not know any other sports, because if this was football or basketball, this would have been an even bigger deal.

I do find the "he would be eligible in football or basketball and those are more popular sports than hockey" argument hilarious. The fact that you read other leagues rules but neglected to read the PIHL rules is insane.

Can't wait for an NHL coach to sneak 11 guys on the ice and then argue it's not too many men because the NFL allows it.

Edited by Icebucket
  • Like 1