Montour Hockey

8 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

Not to mention, an adult coach has no business snapchatting/texting children. Even if intentions aren't in appropriate, it's a terrible idea. 

They usually use their kids to do it. But it's clear who put them up to it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

Not to mention, an adult coach has no business snapchatting/texting children. Even if intentions aren't in appropriate, it's a terrible idea. 

It was not the coach Snapchat or texting. He has talked to both parents about it. He just talked to the kid during the game making comments and after when he was leaving.

So far it has been all kids on Snapchat

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 6:38 PM, Ihearthockey said:

This.  

The kid went 9-1.  Montour should probably not be playing A hockey with that kid.  If they did it legally, good for them, they are one of the favorites in A.  If not, they should garner no sympathy and do it correctly next year. 

The other goalie was 7-3. 
Roster was approved not once but twice by the PIHL. 
Part of Judges ruling 
“1. While I am troubled by the impact of the facts as found on the innocent and highly successful Montour Hockey Team, the law compels me to find that Montour failed to meet the prerequisites required to issue a preliminary injunction.”

Montour loss the injunction but was innocent of any wrongdoing! 
Put an * by whomever wins the cup.

On 2/21/2023 at 6:38 PM, Ihearthockey said:

The kid went 9-1.  Montour should probably not be playing A hockey with that kid.  If they did it legally, good for them, they are one of the favorites in A.  If not, they should garner no sympathy and do it correctly next year. 

The other Freshman goalie went 7-3. PIHL approved Montour roster not once but twice during the season. 
Part of Judges ruling about the injunction;

”1. While I am troubled by the impact of the facts as found on the innocent and highly successful Montour Hockey Team, the law compels me to find that Montour failed to meet the prerequisites required to issue a preliminary injunction.

Montour did nothing wrong and would have succeeded if there was more time to challenge the PIHL’s ruling.

Put an * next to whomever wins the Class A Cup.

On 2/28/2023 at 11:48 AM, Pucks11 said:

Which is how it should be when you get caught cheating. ?‍♂️

Judge specifically states Montour’s innocence… so in reality Montour did no cheat but was cheated of the opportunity to compete.
1. “While I am troubled by the impact of the facts as found on the innocent and highly successful Montour Hockey Team, the law compels me to find that Montour failed to meet the prerequisites required to issue a preliminary injunction.”

25 minutes ago, RobK said:

Judge specifically states Montour’s innocence… so in reality Montour did no cheat but was cheated of the opportunity to compete.
1. “While I am troubled by the impact of the facts as found on the innocent and highly successful Montour Hockey Team, the law compels me to find that Montour failed to meet the prerequisites required to issue a preliminary injunction.”

It's OVER! Time to move on!

• 100 3

Really, we are still doing this?  You played the game (tried to skirt the intent of the rule) and lost. Then wouldn’t accept it and tried to beat it with a technicality by hiring professional whose job it is to pick apart words to spin them to fit an agenda. The intent of the rule is obvious to anyone with half a brain. Get over it and move on. You are embarrassing yourself. 

• 100 1

34 minutes ago, RobK said:

I'd recommend you copy and paste that quote a few more times. Seems you only posted it 3 times in the last hour and a true Montour backer would have put it up at least 5-10 times.

• ROTF 2

Really, we are still doing this?  You played the game (tried to skirt the intent of the rule) and lost. Then wouldn’t accept it and tried to beat it with a technicality by hiring professional whose job it is to pick apart words to spin them to fit an agenda. The intent of the rule is obvious to anyone with half a brain. Get over it and move on. You are embarrassing yourself. 

What a glorious morning! Happy to see this thread is back to beating the dead horse?  

The back up goalie went 7-3 against the crap teams. No way to predict how he would have done against good teams.  Actually 3 losses against playoff teams, so there ya go

The hearing was not a full trial with both sides presenting all the evidence. It was emergency request for an injunction mere hours after the paper work was filled. I'm sure PIHL didn't have time to put together an actual case.  So anything the judge wrote was based on a very basic understanding of the case. The only thing he was asked to do in the short time he spent listening to to case and writing a verdict was decide if he should postpone the playoffs.

My dude lives in his teammate's bedroom, for maybe a total of 150 to 200 days. iE, the length of the hockey season.  His family doesn't live here or pay taxes or pay tuition.  It's not like the dad lost his job at the quarry and had to suddenly move here to work at the steel mill. He doesn't live here. What if instead of his teammates room he was staying at the Hampton Inn? They sent him here to play hockey.  He would never be here if not for hockey. 

I'm not asking about loop holes in the rules or how the rules are technically written... I'm asking does it seem fair?  Or did this situation open the door for even worse incidents? Any 8th grader that wants to attend a better high school or play for a better team just has to go sleep at his friends house for the season.

Also good to see the lawyers and PIHL didn't completely empty the Montour coffers. They were still able to afford the JV playoffs. A "play in" game in the tier 3 loser bracket as a matter of fact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zam said:

What a glorious morning! Happy to see this thread is back to beating the dead horse?  

The back up goalie went 7-3 against the crap teams. No way to predict how he would have done against good teams.  Actually 3 losses against playoff teams, so there ya go

The hearing was not a full trial with both sides presenting all the evidence. It was emergency request for an injunction mere hours after the paper work was filled. I'm sure PIHL didn't have time to put together an actual case.  So anything the judge wrote was based on a very basic understanding of the case. The only thing he was asked to do in the short time he spent listening to to case and writing a verdict was decide if he should postpone the playoffs.

My dude lives in his teammate's bedroom, for maybe a total of 150 to 200 days. iE, the length of the hockey season.  His family doesn't live here or pay taxes or pay tuition.  It's not like the dad lost his job at the quarry and had to suddenly move here to work at the steel mill. He doesn't live here. What if instead of his teammates room he was staying at the Hampton Inn? They sent him here to play hockey.  He would never be here if not for hockey. 

I'm not asking about loop holes in the rules or how the rules are technically written... I'm asking does it seem fair?  Or did this situation open the door for even worse incidents? Any 8th grader that wants to attend a better high school or play for a better team just has to go sleep at his friends house for the season.

Also good to see the lawyers and PIHL didn't completely empty the Montour coffers. They were still able to afford the JV playoffs. A "play in" game in the tier 3 loser bracket as a matter of fact.

Just to reiterate, the other goalie was 6-0 playing against the bottom 3 teams and 1-3 in his other four starts.  He had an .835 save percentage and gave up 9 goals in his two starts vs Wheeling Park, or about 30% of the goals they scored in 20 games.  Without the out of town goalie, they don’t sniff the playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• 2 weeks later...