Montour Hockey

6 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Whether this "crisis" for Montour came to rear its ugly head last week or last month, does it really matter if the rules were not followed?

Sure it matters. If they were told in November or December and had to Forfeit 5 games they would have still made the playoffs!  I do find it hard to believe that "everyone knew" except PIHL!

11 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Do you have a link to the playoff brackets as I cannot find them on the PIHL website.  And as of now, in the standings Montour is still listed as the 2nd place team in their division.  In the other division, Shaler has one game left on their schedule and if they win, they are in unless Freeport owns the tiebreaker.  

It's on the home page.  It's the only bracket with the first round filled out.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Stackthepads said:

Nobody tried to deceive anyone…everybody knew where the player was from the entire season, the situation was disclosed and the roster was approved. There was never any “cover-up”.  If it’s the rule, fine, but don’t say that adults were trying to pull a fast one.  EVERYONE KNEW AND WAITED UNTIL THE SEASON WAS OVER TO COMPLAIN - FACT!  And yes, the highest scoring offense in the division is being held out of the playoffs.

obviously this is false, if everything was done legit, this thread would not have happened, and montour would be in the playoffs.   facts are facts wether you wish to believe them or not.. some of the biggest problems in todays society.. no one respects rules, no one respects authority, no one acknowledges facts.. its sad mixed up world we are living in these days..

10 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Sure it matters. If they were told in November or December and had to Forfeit 5 games they would have still made the playoffs!  I do find it hard to believe that "everyone knew" except PIHL!

So it boils down to timing rather than rules being broken.  Alternative facts.  

Uh, OK.

And if they did forfeit five games as you say back in November or December, with 22 points they still do not make the playoffs.

Edited by fafa fohi

13 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Well, assuming the goalie is then ineligible, it's questionable if they would have been able to stack up enough wins with the backup goalie.  

What I don't quite understand is why the Montour parents are directing their anger at the PIHL instead of at the Montour coach/board.  If the coach/board are claiming they didn't know they were breaking the rules, then shame on them for not reading up.  It's not like the PIHL rulebook is 500 pages, its a 66 page doc (and of the 66 pages about 15 are blank or index pages).

Edited by Icebucket
  • 100 2
  • Fist Bump 1

4 minutes ago, Icebucket said:

What I don't quite understand is why the Montour parents are directing their anger at the PIHL instead of at the Montour coach/board.  If those people are claiming they didn't know they were breaking the rules, then shame on them for not reading up.  It's not like the PIHL rulebook is 500 pages, its a 66 page doc (and of the 66 pages about 15 are blank or index pages).

Sorry I misread what you wrote. I agree 100 percent!

FLAVIO SAYS ENOUGH WITH THIS. 

THE GOALIE IN QUESTION SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY. THE TEAM SHOULD GO ON PLAYING. It is 100% asinine to rob the seniors and other players of their seasons end due to this error on both Montour and PIHL’s part. 

It’s both parties fault. And how convenient that the concern was raised this late in the game. Like a certain group of people were waiting to use this as a come uppence or a card up their sleeve should their team not make it. 

What a pathetic dilemma all around. From Montour, to PIHL, to the Avonworth cry babies. To the constant back and forth on this board about a high school hockey team to a woman apparently shooting vaginal flatulence at a group of guys and telling them to breathe it in. 

- Coach Flavi

Edited by Flavio

34 minutes ago, rock said:

obviously this is false, if everything was done legit, this thread would not have happened, and montour would be in the playoffs.   facts are facts wether you wish to believe them or not.. some of the biggest problems in todays society.. no one respects rules, no one respects authority, no one acknowledges facts.. its sad mixed up world we are living in these days..

Rock head-

if an athlete fails a drug test, do they wait to see how he performs before punishment?

if you drive intoxicated and get pulled over, do they wait until you wreck before punishment?

If an student cannot comprehend anything they are reading, do we allow them to graduate?  Ah poor example; apparently they do.  I take that one back.

The FACT that I stated was that THERE WAS NO COVER-UP.  If any coach from that league tells you that they did not know the situation from the BEGINNING, they are not being truthful.

15 minutes ago, Flavio said:

FLAVIO SAYS ENOUGH WITH THIS. 

THE GOALIE IN QUESTION SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY. THE TEAM SHOULD GO ON PLAYING. It is 100% asinine to rob the seniors and other players of their seasons end due to this error on both Montour and PIHL’s part. 

It’s both parties fault. And how convenient that the concern was raised this late in the game. Like a certain group of people were waiting to use this as a come uppence or a card up their sleeve should their team not make it. 

What a pathetic dilemma all around. From Montour, to PIHL, to the Avonworth cry babies. To the constant back and forth on this board about a high school hockey team to a woman apparently shooting vaginal flatulence at a group of guys and telling them to breathe it in. 

- Coach Flavi

477515E3-FA5E-4CA3-91C1-B6E374DDEDB9.thumb.jpeg.6944f3d8394f4cc6d58915a8181c0295.jpeg

19 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Well if FLAVIO says enough with this, then I'm out!  FLAVIO HAS SPOKEN!

Yes, Flavi here is the voice of reason.

This was allowed to go on. Everyone knew. And now all of the sudden it’s an issue. This is a hit piece on Montour. And while I don’t think Montour is innocent in any of this, it was allowed to happen so why would Montour do anything about it. The goalie played X amount of games with no issues. Now it’s almost March and all the local nerds are out in full force like their kid is being cheated out of the Super Bowl, and the misses is running around rinks shooting clam gas at people. 

What a an embarrassment to local hockey. This conversation is so obtuse. 

Goalie is disqualified. Team goes on. PiHL clearly made an error, opposing teams didn’t make a stink until very convenient timing. 

That should be the ruling. 

good grief

- Flavio 

Edited by Flavio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ihearthockey said:

It's on the home page.  It's the only bracket with the first round filled out.  

21 minutes ago, PirateMan said:

It’s sad that the team that had more goals than any other team by 20 can’t play because of this. Even without the goalie, probably the best team in A.

Probably not considering they were 6th in goals against. If you take that goalie away their goals per game go up by almost a gola and a half and drop them to 10th in the division.

It's sad that grown adults that Knew What they were doing was not right and still did it anyways.

Edited by Pucks11
  • Like 1

I managed a few team along the way when my kid played and I’ll tell you this. There are coaches who don’t know or have selective hearing when it comes to roster rules. Trying to have guys in the lineup that were serving a one game suspension and adding players from other teams for tournaments without submitting an approved tourney roster were hand in hand my biggest battles.

I knew the rules and put my foot down every time. Why, because while there is a good chance you may get away with it (outside of PAHL), there’s the chance that someone calls you out and you risk jeopardizing the whole season. Totally unfair to the team to have leadership that either does not know the rules or ignores the rules.

Exhibit A1 right here.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

4 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

Probably not considering they were 6th in goals against. If you take that goalie away their goals per game go up by almost a gola and a half and drop them to 10th in the division.

It's sad that grown adults that Knew What they were doing was not right and still didn't anyways.

What are you saying pucks11?  “Their goals per game go up” if you take the goalie away?  Do you mean goals against per game?  And do you mean “still did it anyways?”  So confusing…just like all the other non-sense people THINK they know.

14 minutes ago, PirateMan said:

It’s sad that the team that had more goals than any other team by 20 can’t play because of this. Easily the one of if not the best group of skaters in A.

I’m going to guess montour being moved down to A factored into this equation. That team wouldn’t be scoring like that in AA. 

that moon situation a few years back really burned pihl, made them look bad. 

peppridge farms doesn’t forget. 

6 minutes ago, Stackthepads said:

What are you saying pucks11?  “Their goals per game go up” if you take the goalie away?  Do you mean goals against per game?  And do you mean “still did it anyways?”  So confusing…just like all the other non-sense people THINK they know.

It was so confusing that you broke it down word for word. ? Nice try on the put down bud. ?

How about you and the other Montour parents stop blaming everyone except for who is to blame. It is actually that simple. It's not PIHL fault, it's not QV fault, it's not Avonworth fault and it's not some parent who's kid plays goalie with that goalie for a club teams fault. Place the blame where it lies and stop defending them. Yes it sucks for the kids (seniors) but it wasn't the first or second time that Montour got caught cheating this season, it was the THIRD time. This one just happen to bite them in the ass.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

but it wasn't the first or second time that Montour got caught cheating this season, it was the THIRD time. This one just happen to bite them in the ass.

Purely curious and I apologize if it’s already been discussed here, but what were the other two incidents of cheating this season? 

21 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

It was so confusing that you broke it down word for word. ? Nice try on the put down bud. ?

How about you and the other Montour parents stop blaming everyone except for who is to blame. It is actually that simple. It's not PIHL fault, it's not QV fault, it's not Avonworth fault and it's not some parent who's kid plays goalie with that goalie for a club teams fault. Place the blame where it lies and stop defending them. Yes it sucks for the kids (seniors) but it wasn't the first or second time that Montour got caught cheating this season, it was the THIRD time. This one just happen to bite them in the ass.

Montour parents?  The montour kids don’t have parents.  They were all genetically engineered Jurassic park style with the intent to one day take over the PIHL A classification.  At least that’s what I heard.

• Like 1
  • ROTF 1
  • Epic 1

13 minutes ago, forbin said:

Purely curious and I apologize if it’s already been discussed here, but what were the other two incidents of cheating this season? 

Both in October of last year.

Too many players on bench.

Ineligible coach. 

Beat you to it Pucks11!!!?

15 minutes ago, forbin said:

No worries, it was but there have been a ton of messages over the last few days. The first time the coach was supposed this season was because of an unrostered coach on the bench, then the 2nd time the coach was suspended was because he got caught with to many kids dressed for a game.

39 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

How about you and the other Montour parents stop blaming everyone except for who is to blame. It is actually that simple. It's not PIHL fault, it's not QV fault, it's not Avonworth fault and it's not some parent who's kid plays goalie with that goalie for a club teams fault. Place the blame where it lies and stop defending them. Yes it sucks for the kids (seniors) but it wasn't the first or second time that Montour got caught cheating this season, it was the THIRD time. This one just happen to bite them in 

Edited by PirateMan