Montour Hockey

3 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

Sets a great precedence.  Cheat, lawyer up, brush it under the rug, repeat.  

Probably the easiest solution is to let them in the playoffs but ban the billet player from playing as ineligible.   Then getting their butts kicked in the first round would be good karma anyway.  

• 100 1

Just now, Overqualified said:

I have forgotten more about hockey than you will ever know

Oh no, not the "I've forgotten more than you know"  quote. This guy means business. There is literally no one in the city of Pittsburgh or surrounding areas that are from Pittsburgh or didn't play professional hockey that can use this quote.

• ROTF 1

1 hour ago, Pucks11 said:

Everyone just stop replying to "Yalldumb" it is clearly a young kid that lacks the basic skills of understanding what's right and what's wrong. He will continue to repeat himself even when people give him the perfect answer to his questions but because he doesn't understand or doesn't WANT to understand he just keeps arguing the same thing over and over again.

Add "Overqualified" to this list.  And all the other newcomers.

• 100 1

24 minutes ago, Overqualified said:

I have forgotten more about hockey than you will ever know

Looks like another Montour parent just joined the fray as a new member of this forum - damn, scandal sure breeds new recruits.  I wonder if this individual will come with the "I am not a Montour parent and have no skin in the game" reply.

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 1
  • ROTF 1

6 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

Add "Overqualified" to this list.  And all the other newcomers.

They are coming out in packs, it's almost like the whole team knew they did something wrong and just hoped they wouldn't get caught. ??  Has to be a new record for signups in a 24hr span.

On the PIHL registrar page (I assume the organization registrar should be quite familiar with) there is a several page form pertaining to this exact situation.  It asks about 20 questions, such as has the players living situation changed in the last 6 months? Is the player living with someone that is not their family? Did they move to the area for any athletic intent either entirely or partially?

It needs to be signed off by like six people in the organization in school.  Assume it is then approved by somebody a PIHL...

Has anybody heard if they completed this form?

2 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

They are coming out in packs, it's almost like the whole team knew they did something wrong and just hoped they wouldn't get caught. ??  Has to be a new record for signups in a 24hr span.

Not one of you have played past high school or probably even coached 

But your amusing 

44 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

Sets a great precedence.  Cheat, lawyer up, brush it under the rug, repeat.  

It’s pretty clear those involved with montour hockey knew if they claimed the player as a transfer (as they should have) he would have to sit a year. Montour tried to skirt the rules on a technicality knowing they had a attorney in their back pocket with a plan - litigation and tie everything up in court. PIHL doesn’t want that, it effects all the other teams. USA hockey wants the season over before April ? 

• Uh, Ok 1

6 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

It’s pretty clear those involved with montour hockey knew if they claimed the player as a transfer (as they should have) he would have to sit a year. Montour tried to skirt the rules on a technicality knowing they had a attorney in their back pocket with a plan - litigation and tie everything up in court. PIHL doesn’t want that, it effects all the other teams. USA hockey wants the season over before April ? 

You are not a transfer as a in coming freshman c

Just now, AvonworthFan123 said:

Personally, I think they should cancel all of the playoffs. This has been an entire disaster and nobody should win. #AvonworthShouldBeInPlayoffs. Screw Montour. North Hills isn't good and they don't deserve it. Avonworth actually beat North Hills (#15 scored in OT) #NotABigDeal #Lightwork. I blame Wheeling Park for everything considering they were so bad. AVONWORTH USED TO HAVE THE BEST 2 PIHL GOALIES. (BEN KOROL AND SOMEONE ELSE). But you don't see Avonworth going after ILLEGAL GOALIES. 

I am going with this in NOT actually an Avonworth fan.

• 100 1

2 minutes ago, AvonworthFan123 said:

Yes, I Am. 

Okay buddy, with the North Hills Pride logo after you ripped them apart knowing they are the #1 team in the division. Yes Avonworth scored in OT to beat them, good for them but wasn't that game lead by a Freshman to just get to overtime.  ?

1 minute ago, Danner27 said:

Montour had a membership meeting last night - they are flooding this board on purpose hoping to burying the relevant posts. 

Did they have a 50/50 raffle to raise money for JV playoffs?

• Haha 1
  • ROTF 4

14 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

And there is your technicality - hockey is a club sport - it’s not run by the PIAA. 

that is called knowing the goalie would not be allowed but what loophole can we find. 

My reply to the montour folks here claiming you can’t be a transfer student if you didn’t start HS yet. Personally I think montour’s defense is an insult to PIHL, it shows they were trying to skirt the rules. He was a freshman 3 weeks after moving into his billet home. I’m sure practice started before the school year to! Most varsity teams have skates over the summer, full team practices usually begin the last week of July / first week of august. It’s been years for me. I wouldn’t doubt if some teams practice all summer at this point - this is not the PIAA. 

Edited by Danner27
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, Overqualified said:

Not one of you have played past high school or probably even coached 

But your amusing 

Some of these screen names are really good!  I sure would like to hear about what makes you "Overqualified"  Sure glad you are now part of Western Pa Hockey forum. I'm sure we will all be able to learn a lot from you!

• Like 1
  • ROTF 1
  • Dislike 1