Least crazy parents in PAHL.

1 hour ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Maybe organizations should screen the parents before tryouts!  Or maybe have the parents tryout!  Or maybe the PAHL should not let the kids of crazy parents play. Or maybe ban spectators!  Just trying to solve the crazy parents problem for you all!

Soooo....sometimes children do get passed over for these reasons. If you develop a reputation, there are coaches and orgs who will choose to not deal with you. Then there are the organizations who do. 

My dealings with Foxes and Renegades have been positive for the most part, with the exception of a nut job or two along the way.  Each org typically has a pre-season parent meeting where the coaches discuss proper behavior along with them acknowledging a code of conduct.  Foxes was very firm on this when my oldest played there and in the four years he played for them I cannot recall a single situation where a parent got the shoe for bad behavior.  

It is pretty sad to think these types of meetings with parents have to happen but they do.

46 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

So you're saying that as long as the parents are cool, it shouldn't matter how the organization is run?  

No, not what I mean. Not too clear headed last night when I sent this. Shouldn’t have been as harsh. My bad.

My point was basically that inappropriate parent behavior shouldn’t be tolerated just because a team or organization is ‘good’ on the ice. The targeted heckling of the kids would still happen, I assume, regardless of where I sit. It doesn’t solve the problem- just would make me oblivious to the fact there is one. In other words, I personally would want that addressed, not just segregated. 

4 hours ago, Duster19 said:

Winning is all that matters for some.  And winning means new opportunities.  That Aviators 12UAA team 1 is going independent next season.

Sounds like it could be the next Faux AAA team in the area!  Too good for PAHL! Time to go independent!  Who wants to be the commissioner of the Faux AAA league in WPA!

On 3/20/2023 at 10:03 AM, forbin said:

Worst I have personally experienced consistently over the last 20 years - Allegheny, Beaver, Preds. I have found that at the lower levels of play it can be really bad, and at the “faux” AAA level is atrocious. Tournaments are the worst. Mites nowadays are the worst parents ever. Everyone thinks their red mite is going to the nhl, and they act live every tournament is the Stanley cup playoffs. 

My grandson just finished his second year of mites. Still at blue level. I have witnessed more parent nonsense, screaming, almost fights than 6 years of AA. Its exclusively at the half ice tournaments. It’s stunning

5 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Sounds like it could be the next Faux AAA team in the area!  Too good for PAHL! Time to go independent!  Who wants to be the commissioner of the Faux AAA league in WPA!

As a parent of an Aviator on the team that won PAHL, this is news to me. As they get ready for tryouts next weekend, I hope the plan is to stay in PAHL. The majority of the team played AA in their first year of peewee against all 09 teams. We got killed all year but it paid off this year when I thought we were stronger physically than most 2010 teams. I would hope the plan is to stay in PAHL and play AA minor. I know that I don’t need my son to be on a “AAA” team to feel validated. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 9:03 AM, fafa fohi said:

My dealings with Foxes and Renegades have been positive for the most part, with the exception of a nut job or two along the way.  Each org typically has a pre-season parent meeting where the coaches discuss proper behavior along with them acknowledging a code of conduct.  Foxes was very firm on this when my oldest played there and in the four years he played for them I cannot recall a single situation where a parent got the shoe for bad behavior.  

It is pretty sad to think these types of meetings with parents have to happen but they do.

SCIR parents used to be way wilder back in the day.  I feel like these days the only crazies are the coaches up there ?