09 vengeance?

9 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

I heard most of the kids who were there are headed to Predators. No idea why.  Have not heard anything about who the new coach is.  

Supposedly most of Esmark 09 is headed to preds too? Pretty slim open skate for esmark this weekend. They can only make one team. are the two former pens goalies that went to vengeance last year  now going to preds 

I think it's still TBD on how many are leaving Vengeance.  With the coaches leaving everyone has been lining up different options until they heard who will take over.  I know a few kids that seem to be leaving no matter what, but there are only so many options out there.  I heard they may be close on a coach, so if it works out I am sure some will stick around.  I think a handful are trying out at Pens and some who live in the South Hills are considering Preds or Shaha.  It seems to be the typical tryout merry go round!  

• Like 1

Teams have "folded" prior to tryouts before, as did the 06 Vengeance for the 2022-23 season.  Evidently they did not like the list of names that were registered for tryouts and did not think they could field a competitive team.  At least they did it before the tryouts began so players could explore other options.  

Unlike the same birth year - Esmark 06 two seasons ago that folded AFTER tryouts and did nothing to return tryout fees to those that attended and made the team.

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebel Panther said:

Does anyone know what happened to the 07 SHAHA AAA team?  They were listed on the initial tryout listing for SHAHA, but then are now not listed on the tryout listing.

I think they split up with a majority going to Esmark. 

8 hours ago, RJUSHL said:

Why are people leaving Esmark and Vengeance? I know Preds will be playing in THF but Esmark is already playing in the THF.

reason is why travel as much as the stars do to play in naphl ( league is weak ) and the other 2 leagues they are in are new and not very strong YET. What you pay in travel alone would pay for 2 press seasons to be in the same leagues ( obv minus naphl) 

9 hours ago, Ihearthockey said:

Why did they split up?  Was there issues within the team?  Seemed like a decent team last year.  Better than the PV 07 team.

I am not sure. Heard various things.  Could be some wanted to play in a league, some wanted the team to get stronger by combining the best kids from various organizations, and from what was said above it sounds like some may be trying out for various organizations.  I also heard a lot about the new Vengeance off ice facility they were constructing so I wonder if that factored in as well?