2019 USA Hockey Nationals

Congrats to the Burrell Bucs on making it to the USA Hockey High School Tier 2 National Championship game today... https://nationals.usahockey.com/page/show/4714285-2019-chipotle-usa-hockey-high-school-tournaments

...great showing as well by Pine Richland making the High School Tier 1 quarterfinals yesterday. Good job boys. Good luck to our tier 1 and tier 2 amateur teams this week! Safe travels and bring home some hardware!

1 minute ago, sadday4hockey said:

Gonna have to disagree with you here Hoser. Not sure how a co-op team is allowed to participate at Nationals. Not trying to crap on the kids but the adults screwed the pooch on this one. From top to bottom.

There's HS tier 1 (pure) and HS tier 2 (combined or Co-op). So Burrell was in the correct tier. Not sure why you believe there's a problem...

30 minutes ago, PuckHead7 said:

Are all Tier II teams across the country combined/co-opp?

Following are the definitions to be used for each Division:High School/Prep School Division 1: Formal high school and prep school teams or non-varsity teams consisting of full-time students attending the same high school or prep school or full time students that are eligible to play sanctioned varsity sports at that school.High School/Prep School Division 2: Formal high school and prep school teams or non-varsity teams consisting of full-time students attending more than one high school/prep school.

https://cdn4.sportngin.com/attachments/document/4d12-1672319/2019_Tournament_Guidebook.pdf

1 hour ago, sadday4hockey said:

Gonna have to disagree with you here Hoser. Not sure how a co-op team is allowed to participate at Nationals. Not trying to crap on the kids but the adults screwed the pooch on this one. From top to bottom.

So what are you getting at?  If, by definition, a tier 2 team can be more than one school, what is your issue?  Yes, they have 4-5 (or more, not sure) AAA players on the team.  From what schools and how many schools would be the question.  One is also a legal transfer.  Still don’t see an issue if all of the rules were followed.

10 hours ago, PuckHead7 said:

So what are you getting at?  If, by definition, a tier 2 team can be more than one school, what is your issue?  Yes, they have 4-5 (or more, not sure) AAA players on the team.  From what schools and how many schools would be the question.  One is also a legal transfer.  Still don’t see an issue if all of the rules were followed.

It’s according to the rules but will always harken back to the debate of how this in any way is the spirit of scholastic athletics. A co-op in high school sports doesn’t make sense in Hockey. You have amateur or travel hockey. The co-ops always lose me. It’s ridiculaous that 2 teams with recruited players are representing the PIHL in this tournament. How did they choose these teams by the way?

I'm not a big fan of Co-op teams either... I don't know the players on Burrell but I do know of some of them on Ringgold and I know some of their players come from other districts in the PIHL which have teams in the PIHL.  How those players are allowed to play for a team other than their school district's team is questionable at the least.  So in effect because of the way these "d2" teams are setup, you can wind up with all-star teams if a bunch of buddies bolt their local team and go to one of these teams and play together.

5 hours ago, Scooby Doo said:

I'm not a big fan of Co-op teams either... I don't know the players on Burrell but I do know of some of them on Ringgold and I know some of their players come from other districts in the PIHL which have teams in the PIHL.  How those players are allowed to play for a team other than their school district's team is questionable at the least.  So in effect because of the way these "d2" teams are setup, you can wind up with all-star teams if a bunch of buddies bolt their local team and go to one of these teams and play 

Outright lies.  Read about it. Each  Co-Op have a list of schools that players can come from. The school has to sign off on them. No player from a pure school is on any D2 team. For you to say you know players is a lie.  They would be ineligible. People like you is why nobody is on here anymore. 

1 hour ago, Hoomie said:

Outright lies.  Read about it. Each  Co-Op have a list of schools that players can come from. The school has to sign off on them. No player from a pure school is on any D2 team. For you to say you know players is a lie.  They would be ineligible. People like you is why nobody is on here anymore. 

It’s not lies at all. I witnessed with my own eyes a player I know in uniform for a D2 team playing in another players jersey. I’m sure more people have seen this as well. It’s a flawed concept. Especially when you leave the development of programs up to people that have no idea what they’re doing and will always seem the easy way. That’s the WPA way.

Just now, Wampa1 said:

It’s not lies at all. I witnessed with my own eyes a player I know in uniform for a D2 team playing in another players jersey. I’m sure more people have seen this as well. It’s a flawed concept. Especially when you leave the development of programs up to people that have no idea what they’re doing and will always seem the easy way. That’s the WPA way.

Also, any of you geniuses want to try and answer my inquiry into how the teams at HS Nationals were chosen to rep the PIHL? 

23 minutes ago, Hoomie said:

ITS THE SAME AS A PURE SCHOOL,  they are cleared the same way as those players. You are a liar.  It's the same concept.  What don't you understand? That stupid I guess. 

First, clarify what you’re referring to. Second, read what I wrote very carefully brainiac. Don’t worry, i will help you through this.

3 minutes ago, Hoomie said:

Refering to your lying post. You never saw what you wrote.  You are lying plain and simple.   The process is the same as any other division in PIHL.  Do you get it? One more time...you are a liar.

Never doubted the process. The registration process is strong. However, there are D2 programs that continue to struggle because they lack the ability and integrity to police themselves. You’re telling me that, a player that is not on a given D2 team and isn’t a registered player cannot get away with suiting up in another players jersey? Come on. There are programs there that barely have enough to dress 9 skaters. It’s a forfeit either way so why is it hard to believe one of these A minor hero coaches would pull something like that?  Trust me, it’s something that will be watched much closer. 

This National High School Tournament is a stretch with NO State Champions Representation from Illinois (New Trier), Indiana (Culver), Ohio (St Ignatius), Maryland Mid Atlantic Prep (DeMatha), Pennsylvania AAA (LaSalle) and several other states. The concept is good and the execution is less than a National Championship, although Santa Margarita CAL, Edina MN and Regis Jesuit COL are very good programs along with Bayard Rustin A PA and Pine Richland AA PA.      

Congrats to Burrell for a nice showing in a Tournament with ALL Co-Ops USA Hockey Registered Teams. Please note that NO High School Federation Schools are eligible to participate in Division 1 (PURE) or Division 2 (COOP) 

Edited by Pa Hockey

7 minutes ago, Pa Hockey said:

This National High School Tournament is a stretch with NO State Champions Representation from Illinois (New Trier), Indiana (Culver), Ohio (St Ignatius), Maryland Mid Atlantic Prep (DeMatha), Pennsylvania AAA (LaSalle) and several other states. The concept is good and the execution is less than a National Championship, although Santa Margarita CAL, Edina MN and Regis Jesuit COL are very good programs along with Bayard Rustin A PA and Pine Richland AA PA.      

Congrats to Burrell for a nice showing in a Tournament with ALL Co-Ops USA Hockey Registered Teams. Please note that NO High School Federation Schools are eligible to participate in Division 1 (PURE) or Division 2 (COOP) 

What Federation schools would have made the tournament better? I’m curious as I’m not as familiar with them. I still can’t see why co-ops are part of this. What am I missing? I understand why co-ops exist. I’m any sport. But to give them a national or even state championship is redundant. Isn’t the Tier 1 and 2 championships Enough for teams with players that are brought in from various areas? Arent High School athletics meant to have students of the different schools compete against each other hence the legitimacy of league, state, and National championships? 

41 minutes ago, Hoomie said:

There are co-ops in every sport in high school,  not just hockey, and they win wpial and state championships.   Educate yourself,  you sound stupid. 

I actually stated I get co-ops and acknowledged they’re in every sport. So you’re lack of reading comprehension confirms your stupidity. Name some co-ops that have won a wpial or state title please. 

Just now, Wampa1 said:

I actually stated I get co-ops and acknowledged they’re in every sport. So you’re lack of reading comprehension confirms your stupidity. Name some co-ops that have won a wpial or state title please. 

44 minutes ago, Hoomie said:

There are co-ops in every sport in high school,  not just hockey, and they win wpial and state championships.   Educate yourself,  you sound stupid. 

Also, can you tell all of us how Burrell was entered into the National Championship?

12 hours ago, Wampa1 said:

Seems to me that all of the back and forth and name calling pales when you consider what Wampa said in this post.

A player known to him actually played a game in a different player’s jersey. That ends the debate.