2019 USA Hockey Nationals

All catholic school students go to that school and pay tuition. Do the co-op students pay tuition at Burrell? Bush league comparison. Try again.

So Catholic schools (which draw kids from all over not specific areas) are ok because kids pay tuition?  Hardly a Bush league comparison.  You can't be comfortable with one and not the other.  I guess we should tell kids from small schools to find another sport to participate in or stick to club hockey.  My original post says the rules are what they are, stop focusing one specific example and look at the bigger picture.  

Championships are for determining who the best team is at a given point in time, not to see who has the best program or who can develop the most players.

You can choose to focus on the negative or you can simply look at the results and say congratulations to both teams for a great season.

9 hours ago, HSFBLJ said:

All catholic school students go to that school and pay tuition. Do the co-op students pay tuition at Burrell? Bush league comparison. Try again.

So Catholic schools (which draw kids from all over not specific areas) are ok because kids pay tuition?  Hardly a Bush league comparison.  You can't be comfortable with one and not the other.  I guess we should tell kids from small schools to find another sport to participate in or stick to club hockey.  My original post says the rules are what they are, stop focusing one specific example and look at the bigger picture.  

Championships are for determining who the best team is at a given point in time, not to see who has the best program or who can develop the most players.

You can choose to focus on the negative or you can simply look at the results and say congratulations to both teams for a great season.

You really can’t understand that a catholic school that runs a good program and has ALL players attend the school are more respectable than a D2 program that has students from different school districts? That’s just ignorance that rivals the laziness of D2 programs that refuse to develop and rely on recruiting. What’s the point of school and community based athletics if the players aren’t from there? 

Edited by Paul Baxter
unnecessary comment removed.
  • Confused 1

Player for player . Just not deep enough.but top 6 could play with anyone and in any division and be well represented in stats and head to head .if you know the kids there as good as what's out there . I know it's debatable but will just agree to disagree and all get along with our life's work . Have a great day

1 hour ago, Canweallgetalong said:

Player for player . Just not deep enough.but top 6 could play with anyone and in any division and be well represented in stats and head to head .if you know the kids there as good as what's out there . I know it's debatable but will just agree to disagree and all get along with our life's work . Have a great day

That's great but here's another question, how many of those 6 players you are referring to actually go to Burrell?

On 4/3/2019 at 11:51 AM, Scooby Doo said:

@Hoomie There is/was at least one player from Connellsville school district on that team. (That player WILL NOT be named here).

That player played for Ringgold instead of playing for Connellsville.  So what you're saying is "a lie" as you would call it.  Before you start blabbering about people lying you ought to look in the mirror first.

I looked,  you are still being a not truth teller. So just stop. I know where everyone goes .

PPE Boys U16 and Girls U14 are in their respective tier 1 national championship games tomorrow! Good luck to both teams!

Congratulations to all WPA championship teams on your awesome seasons and representing our area at Nationals!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Baxter said:

A Big Congratulations to the PPE 14uAAA girls and PPE 16uAAA boys teams for their 2019 banners!!

Awesome news! I’m surprised you knew about this. You just learned about Team Pittsburgh so this is another step in the right direction. Bravo!

5 hours ago, The Tank said:

Congratulations to the Pens boy and girls & Burrell on their big wins!! Congratulations as well to all the other local organizations that competed in the USA Hockey National Championships! Way to represent!!

Burrell? Am I missing something here? I know society is changing dramatically, but is runner-up now considered a big win? It's a success, but by definition it's not a win.

1 hour ago, dazedandconfused said:

Burrell? Am I missing something here? I know society is changing dramatically, but is runner-up now considered a big win? It's a success, but by definition it's not a win.

Have you read the posts on this board? Most don’t even know what they’re referring to when they congratulate. It’s encouraged by the Mods too. So watch what you say here. 

OK, they didn't win in the finals but made a great showing for the tournament in which they participated and sanctioned by USA Hockey. Can we not just be happy for the youth of the community when they participate and have success on a national level? Western PA is developing and competing at all levels.. that could not be said 15 years ago.. Sit back and enjoy the sunshine!! 

• Like 1

I actually used the word success. You can't put them in the same sentence of big wins with two teams that actually did win. What they ended with was a tough loss in a highly successful run at Nationals. Big difference. You are right about the hockey here, it's a lot better than many people give it credit for being.

1 hour ago, The Tank said:

OK, they didn't win in the finals but made a great showing for the tournament in which they participated and sanctioned by USA Hockey. Can we not just be happy for the youth of the community when they participate and have success on a national level? Western PA is developing and competing at all levels.. that could not be said 15 years ago.. Sit back and enjoy the sunshine!! 

So your claim is, in 2004, Western PA was not developing and competing at all levels? You don’t think that’s a little narrow minded? It’s also an insult to the real hockey community in WPA. This board isn’t a realistic sample of the strong hockey community here. This is a moronic take. And Burrell simply outlasted other teams in yet another Tier 2 USA Hockey amateur division. It’s not something to take pride in or compare to legit hockey teams in town. That’s a weak attempt to ride the Pens coattails. Come back to me when they compete with pure programs trained, built and developed the right way. 

37 minutes ago, Canweallgetalong said:

Moronic take . Simply outlasted not a legit hockey team ride the pens coat tails compete with pure programs built trained. Wow you are a true hater. Your kid must be a SUPERSTAR!!!!!!!!!

Has nothing to do with the kids. Has to do with the outrageously absentminded and ignorant adults that post false Statements like this area not being competitive 15 years ago. Think before you type. Very simple 

2 hours ago, PBsooks said:

Has nothing to do with the kids. Has to do with the outrageously absentminded and ignorant adults that post false Statements like this area not being competitive 15 years ago. Think before you type. Very simple 

Sounds like @Wampa1 has another user name in @PBsooks..........same type of insults and disparaging remarks.  And calling Burrell's program not a pure program is an insult to those kids and coaches that put in the hard work in order to have a successful year playing hockey.