That was Pennsylvania State Champion 2019 LaSalle's Sam Lipkin with the winning National Championship Assist who played HS Hockey in PA

1 hour ago, sadday4hockey said:

That was as a Sophomore and he was also playing High level AAA hockey.

So what ? He played High School Hockey for LaSalle and won a Pa State Championship and now a National NCAA Championship .......Great Stuff 

Edited by Pa Hockey

2 hours ago, Pa Hockey said:

So what ? He played High School Hockey for LaSalle and won a Pa State Championship and now a National NCAA Championship .......Great Stuff 

43 Points as a freshman and NHL Rights owned by Coyotes and played in World Juniors 20 U  ....Impressive ? 

Edited by Pa Hockey

1 hour ago, Pa Hockey said:

Great Story and he's not Logan Cooley (who his team beat) but may end up playing with him on the Coyotes at some point 

And he can thank Cooley for giving the game away when he gets to Arizona. What a terrible, terrible, childish penalty in such a big situation.

• 100 1

1 hour ago, Icebucket said:

And he can thank Cooley for giving the game away when he gets to Arizona. What a terrible, terrible, childish penalty in such a big situation.

He is an 18-19 year old kid, and I am not sure that shouldn’t have been offsetting minors, I don’t think you need to be that hard on him. 

• 100 1

1 hour ago, Icebucket said:

Should've been offsetting penalties. That was a ridiculous call, especially in that situation. Inexcusable by the refs, especially when the refs contradicted each other. Just brutal. Either let them play in that situation or call offsetting minors.

• Like 1

Disagree, but I can see what you are saying. He plays with an edge. 

Not putting you into this category, but just talking with people the past couple days about this, it bothers me how much jealousy I sense when a local kid "makes it" and is playing at a high level and on a big stage.  It's just a shame. The jealousy in hockey around here can be awful. People try and hide it but they can't. It just comes out.

I actually think it's quite the opposite. He's done a great job and that shouldn't go unnoticed. But people always feel the need to justify poor decisions of the local player. He messed up and should be held accountable just like any other player from any other city.

The argument of he's only 18-19 shouldn't even be a factor. He's well beyond the level of needing to know the situation and to be able to control himself.

• Like 1

Yeah, not trying to trash him. He’s an amazing player and has earned all his success so far and I wish him nothing but success. There just seemed to be a trend in his chippy play all season. I don’t know him or his style but it doesn’t seem to fit him.  Maybe it’s pressure, or someone told him he needs to be tougher. He is still a kid and they do dumb stuff when frustrated. He’ll figure it out. 

• Like 1

Imo - bad penalty for Cooley to take. It wasn’t offsetting wouldn’t have been the right call. Cooley was frustrated, he was getting beat around in the corners easy, most of the game. 

Cooley has great speed, talent - there were others kids his same age in that game (even on his team) that looked better. 

Edited by Danner27
  • 100 1