Esmark B Team

Has anyone else here heard about the possible Esmark B team at the 2011 age? A few of the players from our 2011 team went to a skate for this team and were made offers yet they arent sure if the team is happening yet. I feel this is Black Bear at work trying to fill as much ice time as possible

2 hours ago, kid310050 said:

Has anyone else here heard about the possible Esmark B team at the 2011 age? A few of the players from our 2011 team went to a skate for this team and were made offers yet they arent sure if the team is happening yet. I feel this is Black Bear at work trying to fill as much ice time as possible

runaway very very fast 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

This past season’s 2008 and 2010 teams were like B teams!  The luster of the Esmark is gone.

But I think you can say that for every “AAA” team except for PPE.  It’s all watered down now with so many “AAA” teams in WPA.  Everyone can be  AAA!  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Duster19 said:

This past season’s 2008 and 2010 teams were like B teams!  The luster of the Esmark is gone.

But I think you can say that for every “AAA” team except for PPE.  It’s all watered down now with so many “AAA” teams in WPA.  Everyone can be  AAA!  

Esmark has done very well at the midget levels. I don’t understand your statement. 

19 minutes ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

Esmark has done very well at the midget levels. I don’t understand your statement. 

My gut feeling is that esmark seems to be turning into a money grab especially trying to pretend to field two teams as the peewee level.  Regardless of past performance they are pretending to be competitive at younger ages and are not. 

Particularly since, if you look at Esmark's rosters at the older levels, they have fewer and fewer local kids rostered every year. That's the same complaint for PPE. The young local kids funding the rest of the older out of state teams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saucey said:

Particularly since, if you look at Esmark's rosters at the older levels, they have fewer and fewer local kids rostered every year. That's the same complaint for PPE. The young local kids funding the rest of the older out of state teams.

Is that because they are trying to keep up with PPE?  Rumor has it the really good 06AAA team at SHAHA is folding.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Esmark try to get a few of those really good kids, even though their tryouts are over and team was picked.  Brutal time of the year!  Tryout season is the worst!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Is that because they are trying to keep up with PPE?  Rumor has it the really good 06AAA team at SHAHA is folding.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Esmark try to get a few of those really good kids, even though their tryouts are over and team was picked.  Brutal time of the year!  Tryout season is the worst!

Yea last I heard those players were going to vengeance.

38 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

So is their final tryout for tonight cancelled!  Anyone know why they folded?  

I'd assume they will still hold the tryout tonight.  Never know what can happen.  I think the top couple SHAHA players are leaving and it's causing the rest to scramble a bit.  I don't have any kids at the u18 level though so this is all second hand info

21 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

My gut feeling is that esmark seems to be turning into a money grab especially trying to pretend to field two teams as the peewee level.  Regardless of past performance they are pretending to be competitive at younger ages and are not. 

Edited by Happy Hockey Fan

58 minutes ago, Hattrick Swayze said:

Pretty sure 2 or 3 Forwards and a Goalie went to the Long Island Gulls. Top Defenseman to Esmark. Sounds like the majority of the rest of the players trying out at Vengeance now. 

I looked that program up, looks like they are pretty strong. One of their players made the U17 US team. So now some of the top players in Pittsburgh are traveling to Long Island NY to play U18 AAA. Probably because of all the extra requirements of the Pens.(school, academy , etc.) Pens Elite really screwed up. 

• 100 1

What is the intended goal of this when there will be mid to low level A players on it with little experience?   It’s really a shame these days that these “experts” are taking advantage of families that really have no clue what they are really getting into and for the ridiculous expense.  The hockey system is broken.  Integrity is sacrificed for $$$$.