Helping Kids with Supplementals

1 hour ago, No Politics said:

Zam, I agree with part, and disagree with part.  

I think there are a good number of players/families who are either loyal or who WANT to stay loyal.  But there are other families/players who do look out for their own interests.  Those are the kids who leave teams in shambles, and then the loyal families have to scramble to find homes.  I see that every year.

That's why I am no longer critical of families who have been at five different organizations, etc.  Anymore you aren't able to tell if it is the family's fault or just circumstances (even five-plus times).

It's really, really sad.

Agree, that is the problem.  I have seen it with the 2005,2006,2007,...   People want to stay at organizations but once everyone starts to leave you pretty much have to leave as well or you will be left with a really bad team and leave the next year anyway.  What I don't understand is why successful teams like the 2006 or 2007 SHAHA teams just disappear after great and decent runs.  Seems like once you hit Bantam and especially once you hit midget it becomes a mess.  No stability in most organizations especially the wanna be AAA ones.  Sometimes they field teams, sometimes they don't. If you stay you may be stuck holding the bag.  2009 Esmark kids are a great example of that this year.

With SHAHA, you need to take a step back and figure out why each team existed to begin with.  Once you understand that it is easy to figure out why the teams fell apart.  The 08 Vengeance is pretty much the same thing.  Although, that team didn't fall apart it just isn't as good.  

2 hours ago, Carl Racki said:

Agree, that is the problem.  I have seen it with the 2005,2006,2007,...   People want to stay at organizations but once everyone starts to leave you pretty much have to leave as well or you will be left with a really bad team and leave the next year anyway.  What I don't understand is why successful teams like the 2006 or 2007 SHAHA teams just disappear after great and decent runs.  Seems like once you hit Bantam and especially once you hit midget it becomes a mess.  No stability in most organizations especially the wanna be AAA ones.  Sometimes they field teams, sometimes they don't. If you stay you may be stuck holding the bag.  2009 Esmark kids are a great example of that this year.

The top guys move on while some guys decide to play AA and/or HS instead.  It happens, it's nothing out of the ordinary, and it shouldn't diminish the good runs those team's had.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

5 hours ago, sample39 said:

The top guys move on while some guys decide to play AA and/or HS instead.  It happens, it's nothing out of the ordinary, and it shouldn't diminish the good runs those team's had.

Agreed.  Sometimes mom and dad are the ones that cannot face reality and cannot handle the blow to "their" ego with their star player not pursuing AAA hockey and only playing HS or at the AA level.  

Going off topic, but there were lots of top local kids drafted by NCDC teams yesterday - nice feel good moment but what will come of that if anything?  And when does reality finally set in for those "rock stars" that did not get drafted by NCDC teams or any others as a HS kid?  
I learned the hard way  

https://www.usphlncdc.com/ncdc-draft-results

https://goaliecoaches.com/understanding-junior-hockey-path-nhl/

Edited by fafa fohi

18 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Agreed.  Sometimes mom and dad are the ones that cannot face reality and cannot handle the blow to "their" ego with their star player not pursuing AAA hockey and only playing HS or at the AA level.  

Going off topic, but there were lots of top local kids drafted by NCDC teams yesterday - nice feel good moment but what will come of that if anything?  And when does reality finally set in for those "rock stars" that did not get drafted by NCDC teams or any others as a HS kid?  
I learned the hard way  

https://www.usphlncdc.com/ncdc-draft-results

https://goaliecoaches.com/understanding-junior-hockey-path-nhl/

That is nice to see. A few kids from that SHAHA 06 team taken in the first few rounds. Their top player was drafted by an NCDC last year. Do you know what came of that?

NCDC is like the NAHL in that it is not pay to play?

Edited by RJUSHL

4 hours ago, RJUSHL said:

That is nice to see. A few kids from that SHAHA 06 team taken in the first few rounds. Their top player was drafted by an NCDC last year. Do you know what came of that?

NCDC is like the NAHL in that it is not pay to play?

NCDC is like NAHL in the aspect of it is not pay to play.

11 minutes ago, No Politics said:

I don't know of any '07 BY supplementals, but I do know that NP (as Saucy said), Badgers, and the Yetis still have tryouts within the next week.

I just received a message this morning stating the North Pittsburgh 07-08 registration is closed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

I just received a message this morning stating the North Pittsburgh 07-08 registration is closed. 

I am not surprised - NP typically gets 100+ registered per age group and could field up to six teams per division.  22 teams total from Squirt to Midget last year.

https://myhockeyrankings.com/association_info.php?a=295

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Holy Moly 1

I would contact the director of hockey development at organizations to see if there are any openings or get on their radar when there are. Kids tend to leave or decline spots or get hurt, leaving a spot. I would contact bigger organizations rather than ones putting anyone on a team regardless of skill. That isn't good if you care anything about development.

At South Pittsburgh Rebellion, we currently have the following needs in order of priority.

18U 2005/2006 AA Thomas - we are looking for some more skaters to fill out our team.   We have a supplemental tryout today on Sunday, 30th at 2:15pm - 3:50pm.   Email VPCoaching@southpittsburghhockey.org to be considered and more information.

16U Daddea - we are looking for another goalie, we have one.   This team will play A Major.

10U Squirts - 1 or 2 skaters at every level below BY to fill out teams.

• Like 1