Orphaned Player Needs A Home

Our orgs Bantam tryouts were just last week.  We only had 14 skaters and 3 goalies attend tryouts so pretty much everyone made the team.  We have had 5 declines so far and the team is on shaky ground. Parents are pulling kids because they don't like the make up of the team (before even giving them a chance to play together).  Does anyone know of a 14U team (2010 BY or mixed) looking for players?  My son is a defenseman.  We are looking for a committed group of kids and parents that will/want to be competitive.  Striving for any level of Major or highest level Minor.  We live north of Cranberry Twp so South Hills teams will likely be out of the question due to distance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Any idea where the declines went?  Hopefully some organization in need of a player will see this and get a hold of you.  I would email or call the orgs near you to see who might have room.

Haven't heard of where they are going.  I know a few were going to the Aviators supplemental try out last week and again tonight.  One declined because he received an offer from a team closer to where he lives (Moon area I think).  It is possible that they are shopping around to see if there is anything better.  At this point it might be hard to find 4-5 players as our ice shuts down next week so we can't do anything until July when it's back up and running.

I know the Huskies are still taking players if you are close to there.

Last I heard they were looking for 14U and 16U kids.

I also know that the Yetis, Badgers, and NP just finished tryouts at 14U, so they may be looking, too.  Just can't say for sure.  NP probably not since they get a boatload at tryouts and rarely hold supplementals.

16U should still be going on.