What happened at Vengeance

I came here to find out what happened with Vengeance but to my surprise it hasn't been discussed.

I ran into an old Hockey dad friend of mine today, and he said the entire Vengeance Illuminati has suddenly left that organization.  These are the “Five Families” that created that organization back when the 08s and 09s were mites.  They were Never Pens’ers and threw their money at creating a team to compete with PPE.   They hated everything about the Pens.  They didn’t want their kids hockey team being controlled by anybody else but themselves, so they picked who coached the teams and which players made the teams. 

Fast forward to today.  More than half of the 08s after coming off a trip to Nationals and a win over PPE at districts, suddenly left the team.  And wait, where did these 08 and 09 Never Pens’ers go?? You can't make this up! They went to Pens Elite. I really wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see the rosters with my own eyes.

So what happened over there? Sounds like some people lost a power struggle. Did someone with deeper pockets than them come in and build the fancy locker room and force them out?

1 hour ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

bet they left bc their little johnny might get seen at PPE. PPE is known nation wide not matter who they lose to.  99 percent of teams west of say MICHIGAN have zero clue who the PGH Vengeance even are.

Are there teams west of Illinois? 😀

On 5/11/2023 at 8:59 AM, Danner27 said:

Excuse my knowledge of youth hockey these days - “meathead” -  same guy that ran the little gym years ago & tried to coach “junior hockey” ? 

The guy that "ran the little gym and tried to coach "junior hockey" is the guy that TheOneGuy called "One of PGHs best trainers." Meanwhile, he got kicked out of his own gym and cancels training last minute when the weather is nice to go on his boat.  

• Like 1

The story I heard is those Vengeance families somehow did the Renegades organization dirty. And since the Veng is basically a subsidiary of the Renegades, (they aren't a USA hockey sanctioned organization themselves) they rely on them to roster their teams. The Renegades were going to put an end to that deal and cut the families out.  They tried to move their teams to several other organizations but nobody took them.  In the end the "Five families" abandoned ship and did what they could to try and sink the ship as they left.  

Uh oh. "One Guy" it looks like you have been silenced! Let us know you are alright. I hope you didn't get cement shoes and taken down to the Allegheny, courtesy of the Ven boys. 😬

• ROTF 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, hockeyparent101 said:

What's the deal with the '07 (16U) Vengeance for 2023-2024?  Did they pull kids from the folded Esmark and SAHA teams to bolster/revamp their lineup?

Do they have legitimate AAA roster for this upcoming season or is the team full of faux AAA players? 

so Yuri team folded huh. why?

Hahaha. Here we go with off the rails rumors. Yuri actually has a pretty talented team at 16U. He didn't fold..

The 16U Vengeance team is going to be better than last year as well. They picked up a few Esmark kids from last year's 15U team who just wanted a change. The SHAHA kids that went there are pretty good players as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

By the looks of things 16AAA and 16AA in Pittsburgh should be a little more competitive with Shaha dropping out at 16 and 18 AAA.

Seemed to be a shakeup on most teams at that 16U in the area.

16U AAA Looking like Pens, Esmark and Vengance should be at the upper end.

16U AA should be Mt Lebo, North Pitt and Renegades pushing the upper end of AA.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Birddog said:

By the looks of things 16AAA and 16AA in Pittsburgh should be a little more competitive with Shaha dropping out at 16 and 18 AAA.

I thought the u16 remark team folded ? no ?

On 7/22/2023 at 1:17 PM, Birddog said:

16u AA is going to be competitive.  I'd add Steel City and Rebellion to the mix.