How many teams to the Huskies get for the 2023-2024 season

Eventually, I believe BB will regret the decisions they made at PIA. That begins with the purchase and ends with the management team they have in place at Huskies plus everything in between. It would be interesting to see a balance sheet considering how much $$$ they had to sink into repairs last summer and how much open ice they will more than likely be sitting on this season.

I would assume that all that done to reach this point with that arrogance to think that the masses would embrace this move is becoming one big bad business decision.  

We are at 2 and counting for damaging PAHL organizations.  Who’s next?   

I don’t think all of their desired end results are bad but in many cases you have the wrong people and methods to accomplish without creating damage. 

I honestly thought they'd have some success initially, purely for being another option. Tired of the same organization year after year, or been through a couple different ones and haven't found a good fit, no opportunity at your current org, or you want a better organized org? I figured they'd have quite a few people ready for a change. I guess not. I don't know anything about who's running it, coaching there, or whatever. I just thought a new org with money to market it and start from scratch would be an easier operation than it seems to have been. 

Did they really just have nobody show up, or did they gamble too long not taking the kids that did show up, waiting to see what cast-offs from other places they could get? 

10 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

with money to market it

That's their specialty. Marketing.

Zero substance which is magnified by their lack of Coaches listed before tryouts and still to this day.

How do you advertise for teams for which you have zero preparation as far as Coaching candidates?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stanley PK said:

Just an FYI, talking to a friend that has a player on the 16u AA team, these may be for second teams for some of the ages.

His team is full and not looking for any other players.

That 07 squad was THE ONLY Huskies team before the takeover, so it's not surprising that team specifically is full.  The question is all of the other age levels.  

2 hours ago, sample39 said:

That 07 squad was THE ONLY Huskies team before the takeover, so it's not surprising that team specifically is full.  The question is all of the other age levels.  

I've heard it's made up of a good portion of Burrell Varsity?

27 minutes ago, Hockey00 said:

sad because the viper stars 09s won the 14uaa minor and then had to fold and the huskies doesn’t even have a 14u team. Looks like just 16u, 13u, and 12u 

I would say they all went to esmark but.... We saw how that played out.  Renegades? 

7 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

I would say they all went to esmark but.... We saw how that played out.  Renegades? 

They split across Renegades, Badgers, Aviators (who now have an ‘09) and Icemen (who now have a second ‘09 team).

• Like 1

Can these organizations continue to exist indefinitely? The ones that are a shell of their former selves, fielding just one or two teams per year, moving from rink to rink.  When does USA hockey shut them down?  

39 minutes ago, zam said:

Can these organizations continue to exist indefinitely? The ones that are a shell of their former selves, fielding just one or two teams per year, moving from rink to rink.  When does USA hockey shut them down?  

USA hockey couldn't give two craps as long as they get their money.   Does Midam care?  Not as long as they get their money.  Does PAHL care?  Not as long as they get their money. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

46 minutes ago, zam said:

Well the problem is and I know this very well.  These small orgs like you mention fall into the hands of the parent with an agenda where they have total control and create their own team etc for them and their child’s benefit.  Or in some cases those who want to control an organization to build their own brand as coaches and make money off of it.  It’s out there. 

to join PAHL I believe you must have a minimum number of teams but once in there is no minimum to maintain membership.  I think orga should be mandated to have a development plan in writing and absolutely must have its own ADM 8u program.  Organizations are for growth not creating a safe haven for those who have the wrong agenda.  This would create more accountability for organizations to stay true to the mission. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, HockeyFan6687 said:

Well the problem is and I know this very well.  These small orgs like you mention fall into the hands of the parent with an agenda where they have total control and create their own team etc for them and their child’s benefit.  Or in some cases those who want to control an organization to build their own brand as coaches and make money off of it.  It’s out there. 

to join PAHL I believe you must have a minimum number of teams but once in there is no minimum to maintain membership.  I think orga should be mandated to have a development plan in writing and absolutely must have its own ADM 8u program.  Organizations are for growth not creating a safe haven for those who have the wrong agenda.  This would create more accountability for organizations to stay true to the mission. 

Which don't have an ADM program? I'd assume you are saying (which I agree) those without ADM/Mite/Little Pens even and a developmental plan are just for the $$$'s at the older levels?  

10 hours ago, ice is cold said:

Which don't have an ADM program? I'd assume you are saying (which I agree) those without ADM/Mite/Little Pens even and a developmental plan are just for the $$$'s at the older levels?  

Aviators are the last one I believe with the Huskies now taking over at PIA.

14 hours ago, kid310050 said:

Aviators just steal kids from Renegades instead of having their own ADM program. 

A large portion of the poached players over the years obviously left Renegades to go to Aviators, but then end up only sticking there for a season or two before moving on to various places, and neither team ends with with those players. 

Edited by nemesis8679