2006 VENGEANCE - and Trailer

I've moved this to another thread as the other post got lost.

The Pittsburgh Vengeance are pleased to announce the formation of the 2006 Tier 1 Vengeance Hockey Team.  Our balanced schedule of 40-50 independent games including 4-5 showcases and multiple weekly practices allows players to focus on improving on ice skills while developing a greater understanding of the game under superior, consistent coaching. Our strength and conditioning program led by Sean Berkstresser teaches proper technique and training methods to ensure young players are physically prepared for advancement to the next level of hockey.

Mike Messner is the Head Coach.  He has been playing and coaching for for over 35 years.  He played for Penn State’s ACHA program and finished with a National Club championship and as the teams all-time leading scorer for defenseman.  He played professionally for the Lakeland Ice Warriors of the Sunshine Hockey League.  He is the first ever recipient of Penn State Hockey's Distinguished Alumni Award in 2016.   He currently is a social media, recruiting and television director for major Division I Hockey, Football and Basketball teams.  He also Executive Produced a hockey documentary, The Last Gladiators … Players who make the team will be filmed for a documentary project titled, Cornered, First Year Checking. “Mike is a tremendous addition to the Vengeance family, he has an extremely positive and enthusiastic approach that he has learned while working and observing Division One coaches at the highest levels.”  Dave Dorsey, the Vengeance General Manager stated, “Winning the PAHL regular season and playoff championships last year should serve as a great springboard into this coming year, which will start soon after tryouts.”

Tryouts for the 2006 Vengeance start on Monday April 15 at 6:30pm.

https://www.scirhockey.org/tryout-information/tryout-dates/ it is listed under 2006 Birth Year.  

HERE is the tentative trailer for the project ... 

-40-50 non-PAHL games

-Including 3-5 Showcase Tournaments

-2 Weekly Practices

-Weekend practices on the rare off weekends

-Practices start in the early summer (we want the serious player - but we do understand other sports and vacations)

-Summer off-ice shooting sessions

-1 Skill Session every other week.

-The greatest value of ice time per dollar in the area.

-Our focus at the beginning of the year is to attack the first year of checking with a Vengeance and to increase the team’s speed of play.

-Cost will be approximately $3900

just to spark some conversation about your video, Im interested in the opinions on this non checking for A level games or just in general. I have feelings on both sides, one of my concerns for this A level checking ban is what if a Kid is A level 1st year, plays lights out in this non checking league, then makes AA the next year, now he is playing with AA kids in their second year of checking, to me that's the same or higher risk than him just being aloud to check in his A league.. IDK.. its a contact sport, we sign up for it, we know this risk, hopefully we as adults communicate those risks to our kids in a way they can understand as well and make decisions together based on that. 

Apparently there must have been a lot of action in the bedroom after the Pens won the Sidney lottery in 2005 to have all of these 2006's out there.

Basically now too, we have jumped everyone up by a letter to get the extra "A".  You have an influx of AAA teams with the Predators, SHAHA, Vengenance and Esmark to go with the Pens, and then will have countless birth year teams to fill the PAHL faux AA Minor division.

Doing the math at 15 skaters and 2 goalies per team, that is basically saying that Western PA has 204 AAA/AA players (6 AAA and 6 AA teams)

I guess the only question now is when does AAAA get created???

My opinion is it is a bad idea.  Flag football is not regular football.  If you want to play non-checking, try roller.  You are correct, that kid is going to get lit-up when he moves to a checking league.  I would love to know how many kids have gotten hurt with a CLEAN check over the years.  The problem is with dirty hits, not checking.  Discipline the kids who play dirty and the problem will fix itself.  I think things were safer when you could check in peewees

i feel the older they get without being taught correctly the more reckless they are. more testosterone, more power, more intent.  if they learn at a young age it becomes part of the game, not try to kill.. just seems thy have it wrong in my opinion, but what do i know, I'm just a parent.  i agree that the dirty hits are the problem obviously, but that's neve going to stop, some kids are just undisciplined in that aspect. 

16 minutes ago, HereWithPopcorn said:

Apparently there must have been a lot of action in the bedroom after the Pens won the Sidney lottery in 2005 to have all of these 2006's out there.

Basically now too, we have jumped everyone up by a letter to get the extra "A".  You have an influx of AAA teams with the Predators, SHAHA, Vengenance and Esmark to go with the Pens, and then will have countless birth year teams to fill the PAHL faux AA Minor division.

Doing the math at 15 skaters and 2 goalies per team, that is basically saying that Western PA has 204 AAA/AA players (6 AAA and 6 AA teams)

I guess the only question now is when does AAAA get created???

Predators team on life support if it exists at all. Big thanks to Brad Michalski on that one

Esmark if it happens will be no better than Viper Stars

SHAHA and Vengeance will both be stronger than PPE Black

17-18 USA hockey registration number for 11-12 year olds in Western PA was 1742. For simplicity, we'll assume that it was half and half so that's 871 at the 06 age. USA hockey uses 15% of the total players as their criteria for how many AAA teams there should be. That's 130 players or more than enough players for 7 teams.