Kiski prep hockey

Is anyone familiar with kiski prep hockey?

They have done very well the last several years, but they do not seem to be listed as a top tier prep school for hockey.

From what I can see they have beat out Shady Side academy the last couple years, but yet Shady Side gets far more mentioned about them.

10 hours ago, Birddog said:

Is anyone familiar with kiski prep hockey?

They have done very well the last several years, but they do not seem to be listed as a top tier prep school for hockey.

From what I can see they have beat out Shady Side academy the last couple years, but yet Shady Side gets far more mentioned about them.

They don’t play against SSA prep. They play the SSA varsity team which is lower team. 

We live relatively close to Kiski Prep and had inquired a few times (directly to the head coach via email) to see if they might be interested in our player, and never received a response to any of our inquiries.  No idea how they get their players if they don't reply to inquiries.

6 hours ago, Scooby Doo said:

We live relatively close to Kiski Prep and had inquired a few times (directly to the head coach via email) to see if they might be interested in our player, and never received a response to any of our inquiries.  No idea how they get their players if they don't reply to inquiries.

Most likely they recruit.  I would imagine the Recruit Me form is just a formality.

Edited by Eddie Shore

@Eddie Shore Don't you find it a bit odd the head coach wouldn't even respond back to an inquiry?  How would they know how good my player is (or if I wanted to give big $$$ (LOL)) without even responding back?  In the past I've corresponded with other school's coaches and pretty much all got back to me quickly.  Never had one school ignore me like the way Kiski did.  I guess they have so much talent that they can ignore feelers.  And yes, the coach @ SSA got back to me quickly a few years back when we talked with them.

Edited by Scooby Doo

7 hours ago, Scooby Doo said:

@Eddie Shore Don't you find it a bit odd the head coach wouldn't even respond back to an inquiry?  How would they know how good my player is (or if I wanted to give big $$$ (LOL)) without even responding back?  In the past I've corresponded with other school's coaches and pretty much all got back to me quickly.  Never had one school ignore me like the way Kiski did.  I guess they have so much talent that they can ignore feelers.  And yes, the coach @ SSA got back to me quickly a few years back when we talked with them.

I think you are baiting me here, but ok, I'll play along.

If a kid was that good, he (like all other coaches) would already know.  Additionally. you are not the only person out there that wants to give big $$$ (LOL).

7 hours ago, Eddie Shore said:

I think you are baiting me here, but ok, I'll play along.

If a kid was that good, he (like all other coaches) would already know.  Additionally. you are not the only person out there that wants to give big $$$ (LOL).

Not baiting you at all.  Kiski's coach can ignore inquiries.  That's fine with me.

Probably not even a true story.  You've been known to tell a not so true story or two.  You live close to Kiski, yet you claim to know Connellsville kids? Interesting. I love how people post lies on here all the time, yet I get threatened to be banned when I call them liars.  Something is very wrong with that.

2 hours ago, Hoomie said:

Probably not even a true story.  You've been known to tell a not so true story or two.  You live close to Kiski, yet you claim to know Connellsville kids? Interesting. I love how people post lies on here all the time, yet I get threatened to be banned when I call them liars.  Something is very wrong with that.

Give me a break.  Yes, It's a true story that I relate about Kiski Prep. And yes, I stand by my story about knowing Connellsville kids as well. 

RE: Knowing kids from other teams.  So over 10 years of hockey you don't figure kids meet other kids from all over on various PAHL, PIHL, spring, dek hockey, roller hockey, etc. teams???  Kids today have a very wide network of friends.  So thus how we know players from all over Western PA and into WV, and even out in Altoona. 

Edited by Scooby Doo