Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Paul Baxter

How are tryouts going for everyone?

Recommended Posts

Now that we're halfway through April, how are tryouts going?

Any good stories or horror stories to share?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard numbers were high at Wildcats, high birth year numbers at aha, low at wha, low BY numbers at Scir, low 18u as usual many places 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Paul Baxter said:

Now that we're halfway through April, how are tryouts going?

Any good stories or horror stories to share?

 

Lots going on this week - SCIR, Vengeance, PPE, NP particularly for 06 BY.  I also heard many new faces trying out for PPE, while PPE Black players from last year trying out for Vengeance 06.  Also heard 06 Icemen tryout was cancelled due to low interest level while PPE 07's had a significant amount of turn on their roster this past tryout.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big changes for the cursed SCIR 07 BY team- it’s gone. Replaced by a Vengeance 07 AAA team that took the top SCIR skaters but also pulled in a number of PE kids and a coach.  Efforts to put together the SCIR 07 team with the kids that didn’t make Vengeance fell apart when 10 kids declined spots. Good news for Viper Stars, Huskies, Badgers, and other programs. The SCIR PW Navy mixed year team should be strong again as well. After having two teams in PAHL Peewee AA this season (the 07s shouldn’t have been there but that’s another story), SCIR will likely have no AA PW teams in the fall. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The usual, can't beleive they took this kid.  Coaches picking the team before tryouts.  No one wants to play for a dad coach.  Money grab.  Polical decisions.  Same story different year.   

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Blackice said:

Big changes for the cursed SCIR 07 BY team- it’s gone. Replaced by a Vengeance 07 AAA team that took the top SCIR skaters but also pulled in a number of PE kids and a coach.  Efforts to put together the SCIR 07 team with the kids that didn’t make Vengeance fell apart when 10 kids declined spots. Good news for Viper Stars, Huskies, Badgers, and other programs. The SCIR PW Navy mixed year team should be strong again as well. After having two teams in PAHL Peewee AA this season (the 07s shouldn’t have been there but that’s another story), SCIR will likely have no AA PW teams in the fall. 

I just checked the SCIR website and it states they formed two 07 BY year teams.  Are you saying both teams now do not exist due to Vengeance / kids declining?  If that is the case what a mess.........the least they could do is remove results of the tryouts and them claiming to have two BY teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fafa fohi said:

I just checked the SCIR website and it states they formed two 07 BY year teams.  Are you saying both teams now do not exist due to Vengeance / kids declining?  If that is the case what a mess.........the least they could do is remove results of the tryouts and them claiming to have two BY teams.

The second BY team folded 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

With PPE and NP completing their 05/06 tryouts, anyone have info on the tryout numbers for Vengeance / SCIR as their tryouts began this past week?  Any truth to the rumor of kids that made PPE Black turning down their spots for a shot to make Vengeance?  Will the Renegades 06 BY team be strong or diluted because of Vengeance?  

Edited by fafa fohi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the obsession with Harmar organizations? Do you realize that they're both basically one and the same? Just like NHAHA rosters Esmark and BV rosters Icemen so does SCIR roster Vengeance.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sadday4hockey said:

What's the obsession with Harmar organizations? Do you realize that they're both basically one and the same? Just like NHAHA rosters Esmark and BV rosters Icemen so does SCIR roster Vengeance.

If your question is directed at me I was only inquiring - no obsession.  And no, they are not one and the same as it is my understanding Vengeance 06 will be a higher level than SCIR 06 AA.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

If your question is directed at me I was only inquiring - no obsession.  And no, they are not one and the same as it is my understanding Vengeance 06 will be a higher level than SCIR 06 AA.

And yes, one feeds into another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fafa fohi said:

And yes, one feeds into another.

You seem to be an insider. Is this all verified information or just a guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know players that were on last years SCIR 06 team are now trying out for Vengeance 06.  That is a fact.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Low compared to their usual turnout but they'll field teams. The 05 folded up although the website lists tryouts as completed. It should say complete joke, just as the alleged 06 tryout tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The 18uAA tryouts that we went to, went well.  The team was not "pre-picked..." but we pretty much could guess most of the players who would make the team based on how the 2 day tryout went.  The big surprise was a lot of players from Esmark and Vengeance showed up.  19 players in total picked for the team, all 19 accepted.  Only tried out one place.  Easy on the pocket book this year LOL.

Edited by Scooby Doo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where did this take place? It's good to hear because 18 is always so difficult to get committed players who will actually commit to a team without playing games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dazedandconfused said:

Where did this take place? It's good to hear because 18 is always so difficult to get committed players who will actually commit to a team without playing games.

Allegheny.  Lots of talent all around, was very surprised at the turnout.  Didn't see that one coming.  I did hear that the Vengeance isn't fielding an AAA 18u team, and it looks like some of the Esmark parents (and players) maybe finally had enough(???).  So thus the pickup in # of tryouts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pghbus36 said:

Any word on Foxes tryouts? I heard the program recruited 03s this year?

Midgets are recruited every season.  By players, coaches, organizations, etc.  Less of them and every club wants to have a good team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not getting the rationale by MLHA having 04 and 05 tryouts over MidAm Select Camp weekend, and then selecting a full 2005 roster while there could be cast-offs from the 05 AAA Preds going on right now.  Could leave a few quality players out there looking for a home by the end of this week.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HereWithPopcorn said:

Not getting the rationale by MLHA having 04 and 05 tryouts over MidAm Select Camp weekend, and then selecting a full 2005 roster while there could be cast-offs from the 05 AAA Preds going on right now.  Could leave a few quality players out there looking for a home by the end of this week.

That makes sense in theory, but hard to believe players who are invited to MidAms would not have locked up their spot on their desired team by this point in time. Even if that meant the player were missing one of the Tryout sessions that an organization had scheduled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...