Esmark stars 03

8 minutes ago, pghhockey1 said:

It is my understanding that PPE is out of the EHL this year. And they by no means are claiming to make the best of a small demographic - they are admittedly and obviously trying to collect the best players from all over the country in an effort to be the top team in the country. That being said, they did pick a couple of local kids this year at 16 who have no political conncections whatsoever, along with a couple of kids who will move here from 3000 miles away. 

PPE are not out (yet) the divisions got reworked so they don’t have to play weaker teams like Cleveland 4xs a season. 

No political connection ? Half of their best 03 players packed up and left. They had enough of the leadership there. Guess where they new local kid that “made it” is going to school next year. 

Probably NC. So what? Everyone on here bashes esmark, bashes preds, bashes PPE. So should no one play AAA hockey? Going to NC may be better for some over moving out of state to billet at this age and the costs are probably similar. These kids want to play AAA hockey somewhere. Not sure why there is so much animosity over these programs. 

11 hours ago, whome87 said:

I could give a little more insight on the esmark tryout. First of all, the person posting for esmark is a board member, she has a vested interest in seeing the team succeed, her player is one of the core. I hope this does not break any rules, I did not use any names. 

The turnout was so bad, on day two the 04’s esmark had no interest in got moved up to skate with the 03’s to make it look more full. 

Yuri told me yesterday, as he tried to recruit my son the team is sitting at 9 forwards & 4 defenseman. He did cut 2 players and replaced them with 03’s from the predators. his hope is to fill the team with higher skilled players or imports. 

I’m also confused why he is inviting players to skate at different rinks with him that are not PIA. Is their ice down ? Or is this more of his shady behavior ? 

I like yuri somewhat & do think he’s a decent coach but the game has passed him by. I personally would never let my son play for him or that rotten core ( if you can call it that ) that’s left at this particular birth year. 

100% accurate. My kid is also being heavily recruited by Yuri, and we have zero interest in playing for Esmark even if it’s for free! (Yes we were offered to join at no cost) Question for the “board member/mom”...why do you have 20 players selected, and an alternate player listed on your tryout results page yet you only placed 13 skaters?? I’m hoping that “alternate player”  finds a home and doesn’t decide to join after everyone else declines Yuri’s weak sales pitch. 

8 minutes ago, The King said:

Great input to the forum. @Paul Baxter @one97one00 This is a great example of what this forum has become. You should be proud of allowing these types of posters add zero to any discussion 

Don't hate me because I'm right.   I have called my shot three times now and each time I went yard.  My new username should be Babe Ruth.

As to the subject at hand, you have valid points when it comes to PPE, Esmark and Preds.  See what happens when you stay focused?  

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, The King said:

I feel I’ve given some very good insight into the inner workings of the local hockey community. Are you implying that the moderators of this board are not above being wrong about any subject and cannot be corrected?

@The King 

I agree with your first sentence.  Some of your posts do indeed appear to be insightful. 

However, I haven't made a single post in this topic in regards to the Esmark Stars, which is what this topic is about.  

This board has been around for at least 10 years and has pretty much operated the same way over the years.  I have never said that I am perfect and have never made mistakes. None of us are perfect.

If you operate within the topic at hand and engage in a insightful/logical manner - where the topic at hand is discussed, rather than the integrity of the poster themselves (which is where things stray sometimes), we pretty much will leave you go. 

Questioning how we moderate is a line that shouldn't be crossed by the users of this forum...  We try our best and that's all we can do.  the less time we have to spend fixing/editing/reprimanding (ANYONE) the better for us moderators and will keep the various threads more on target.

Thank you-

So I don't know if it included any of the players that Yuri was counting or not but apparently his and Kosick's former Coaching assistant Si Bishop took a big bite of out of the 03 age group. The Foxes had upwards of 75 players attend their U16 tryouts compared to less than 40 last year. It seems as though it definitely killed the 03 Icemen team. Karma. What a bitch.

21 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Don't hate me because I'm right.   I have called my shot three times now and each time I went yard.  My new username should be Babe Ruth.

As to the subject at hand, you have valid points when it comes to PPE, Esmark and Preds.  See what happens when you stay focused?  

The only program Mr. (unbiased) King, a.k.a. Wampa, whatever has not yet bashed over the past season is based in Harmarville. Bashing competitors is a common method to build numbers.

My observations indicate each program has it's strengths. Esmark has been hosting tier 1 hockey longer (35+ years) than any program in the USAH Mid-American district. Not implying perfection but Esmark's respect across the Continent indicates a lot of positives have been/are being accomplished.  Player and family have to weigh plus/minus if there's multiple choice. Everybody has favorite coaches, teachers, etc. Tough, demanding one's create the most challenges for players and families. Parents (some desperately) want their children to succeed (definition varies) and it's difficult to see their own deal with challenging situations. Coaches are easy scapegoats. I've found allowing a child learn how to deal with it is the most important growth aspect of demanding athletics.

If every player in a program doesn't advance beyond midget hockey, doesn't indicate there wasn't opportunity to advance. Many players have multiple opportunities post midget, including strong academic choices or jobs that are going to prove most important in life.

Also implied if there's < 100% hockey advancement beyond midget is that players are failures. I find it's quite impressive these boy's transforming into young men are so accomplished playing high tier 1 or tier 2 hockey, high school hockey and other athletic and academic commitments, no matter which club(s) they represent.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The King said:

I never said they shouldn’t go to excel. The Pens made their decision to build a business around the sport of hockey. That’s going to eliminate all bit a few locals. That will eventually alienate the organization from the local hockey community. In most cases I don’t blame them. This local hockey cult is full of psychotic people. But let’s not pretend that they keep the top 20 of each birthyear. Especially when the top don’t always choose excel. Maybe they build it eventually but it does nothing to build the game in the area. The Pens care very little about Pittsburgh youth hockey. Esmark even less. But at least the Pens provide the means for player development. Not that all their coaches are capable of doing it. But the ones that do develop their players. Simply playing Tier 1 or junior hockey doesn’t improve the player. 

The King, So you said that the Pens care very little about Pittsburgh youth hockey. In your opinion, who does care about Pittsburgh youth hockey???

1 hour ago, sadday4hockey said:

Is it worth the time to bash the program in Harmar? They didn't even have any U16 or U18 tryouts this year. Are they even a part of this landscape any longer?

Are you talking scir? They have 2 16u teams 

On 4/29/2019 at 12:38 PM, The King said:

Thanks for your input but it’s really not relevant. Not to the topic of why players are bolting Esmark at U16 and below. All I hear from esmark apologists is how great the kids are. Phenomenal. That’s not an indicator of good value for your money and time invested. Join a church youth group if that’s your goal. And to say the opportunities were present is putting the burden of failure on the players. Yeah it’s very easy to blame coaches. Especially when they come with a lot of promises that are never fulfilled. Good sales men though. You should take a lesson from them.

I just heard last night that a certain Russian coach from Esmark got in some trouble with a player and the parents turned him in to USA Hockey and were perusing legal action against him. Does anyone know if any of this is true?

Before you start making accusations that are actionable legally this RUMOR is FALSE. It is a sad excuse to poach players back  from one “celestial” team to another ...  if organizations cant fill a roster legitimately and resort to out and out lies this is pathetic.

100% Lies

No one was fired

No one had an incident

No one is pursuing action w USA Hockey

Lies... started by pathetic anonymous Trolls

the moderator to this site has to remove this garbage!

27 minutes ago, Trollhunter13 said:

Before you start making accusations that are actionable legally this RUMOR is FALSE. It is a sad excuse to poach players back  from one “celestial” team to another ...  if organizations cant fill a roster legitimately and resort to out and out lies this is pathetic.

100% Lies

No one was fired

No one had an incident

No one is pursuing action w USA Hockey

Lies... started by pathetic anonymous Trolls

the moderator to this site has to remove this garbage!

Trollhunter13 no one accused anyone of anything. Just heard people talking last and asked a question if any of it was true. I don’t have a dog in this fight as my son isn’t an 03. Thanks for setting the record straight though Troll!

As noted above I am not a big yuri fan. With that said this situation is just sour grapes by the millionaire daddy that runs the predators 03 team. Who has a son in the team. Two of “his” players went to esmark. There are two other very good players that have not decided where they plan to play next season. millionaire daddy is starting rumors about yuri in the hope these kids will play on his team and not talk with esmark. 

That is simply the truth of the matter. 

1 hour ago, The King said:

I’m not wealthy so I have no reference but, does manipulating things for your kid that gratifying? Anyway, this is one of those situations where one scumbag is calling the other scumbag a scumbag.  Does anyone wonder why these kids are so far removed from reality? You have grown men, in many ways successful, fighting and politicking for them. Neither team is going to benefit the players either. That’s the sad part. 

Truer words have never been spoken.  This analysis hits the nail on the head, and explains exactly what is wrong with youth sports today.

• Like 2

like i said this message board is a cesspool and should be shut down the only scumbags are coward adults hidding behind user names making false accusations  against  coaches and organization i wonder how many would post this garbage if they had to put their real names behind rumors and false accusations....adults acting like middle school children ...do you adults ever think these coaches and people that run organization have wives and children before you post false garbage....people that try to trash reputations and characters of good people have none of their own...

when have i ever trashed a coach or organization ??? and nothing is guaranteed playing tier 1 or 2 hockey any educated hockey parent knows that...it always amazes me how people are so concerned how people they dont even know spend their money and for the record wpa tier 1 hockey is amongst the most reasonable in the nation and all tier 1 coaches make money its their  job for god sakes..and since when is hardwork accountability and team work a waste of time? and if i ever do call out a coach or organization i will use my real name...its easy to criticize when you dont have to put a name behind it and then people would know the real agenda...

still waiting who did i bash on here who did i manipulate? tier 1 all over the nation take on imports.. alot of the kids on pens and i know for a fact the majority on esmark are locals and i cant speak for pens or preds but i know for a fact esmark is the most reasonable price  in all of tier 1 their tuition is same as alot of top tier 2 programs nobodys getting rich over there..just investigate how much  tier 1 cost in detroit  Chicago  California arizona  or texas...also according to you no one in WPA is helping kids with legit talent so tell me where should those kids go play? and if im wrong what organization in your opinion is helping those kids in WPA?

11 hours ago, toc fan said:

like i said this message board is a cesspool and should be shut down the only scumbags are coward adults hidding behind user names making false accusations  against  coaches and organization i wonder how many would post this garbage if they had to put their real names behind rumors and false accusations....adults acting like middle school children ...do you adults ever think these coaches and people that run organization have wives and children before you post false garbage....people that try to trash reputations and characters of good people have none of their own...

Lots of assumptions in that post:

1. You are assuming that everyone who posts on here is an adult.  Not true, there is no age verification.  There are "children" who post on here (children being a person who is under 18).  I know this to be a fact.

2. You are assuming everyone who posts on here is involved in youth hockey.  Not true, there are people who no longer have children involved, or are no longer involved themselves.  There are people who post on here that do not have kids that play anymore.  I know this to be a fact.

3.  You are assuming that everyone here is in Pittsburgh, or at least in Western PA.  Not true, there is no requirement that the IP address has to be local.  There are people who post on here who are not from the area, and have never been part on the local hockey scene.  I know this to be a fact. 

22 hours ago, Eddie Shore said:

Truer words have never been spoken.  This analysis hits the nail on the head, and explains exactly what is wrong with youth sports today.

So the rumor was supposedly started by a parent of one of the Esmark players that was cut from the team and was at Ice Castle trying out at the Preds. If that is the case and I was Yuri I would be perusing legal action against them for slander. What’s this world coming to...

1 hour ago, HockeyBeast said:

So the rumor was supposedly started by a parent of one of the Esmark players that was cut from the team and was at Ice Castle trying out at the Preds. If that is the case and I was Yuri I would be perusing legal action against them for slander. What’s this world coming to...

And that is exactly what King said in his post. 

A "He-said/He-said" situation, where both are accusing each other.

From what I have been told Yuri is no saint (but my kid had never played for him or even tried out for his teams, but I did speak to him once), but no parent should be going around saying stuff like this about him.  King also pointed out in the end it will be the kid that loses because he will not benefit from being on either team.

That is what I agreed with him on.