Avonworth High School Hockey

DO NOT PLAY AVONWORTH HOCKEY. If you are planning on playing on Avonworth hockey next year don’t, you would rather play A minor hockey then for this team. The president [name redacted by one97one00] has kicked out the co-op Ambridge for the 2020-2021 season and the only reason they are still with Ambridge for the 2019-2020 season is because the Avonworth kids wanted Ambridge to stay for the kids senior years, but he kicked out the Ambridge Board Members off the Ambridge/Avonworth board so that Ambridge has no say in what happens. He also fired the head coach of the high school team from Ambridge. He has treated Ambridge terribly and you should not put trust in this Organization.

Edited by one97one00

Hi Fca31.

I'm sorry that you feel inclined to post something like this and hope that we can work through the issues that you have outlined above.  Avonworth Hockey will be putting over 100 players from 4 different schools on the ice this year and hope that your player will be one of them.  It sounds like you are fairly well versed with the administration of hockey teams so should understand the complexity of PIHL rules and how variation in player numbers from year to year can impact co-op agreements.  For the record, the Avonworth Board has not made any decisions on 20/21, nor on coaches for this season.   Also, I can not make decisions autonomously.  Any action regarding board composition, coaching, or co-ops must be approved by our board.  

If you, or anyone else you know would like to be considered for coaching, you can apply here:

https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/116884

As one of the largest school hockey organizations in the area, we could always use help.

Please feel free to call me on my cell at (412) 953-8865, or email me at jrseifarth@comcast.net if you would like any additional information.

Rodd

Edited by Rodd Seifarth

Calling the President out by name seems a little harsh, especially since that's generally an unpaid role.

Leaving content in place as the Avonworth representative appears to have answered the allegations in a very measured and responsible manner