PHA Icemen U16

26 minutes ago, Hockey22 said:

I may get bashed for this, but...what are we teaching our kids if we show it is OK to commit to a team, 15+ other individuals, and then quit for what you think may be the next best thing, leaving your team of 15+ others, hence hurting those 15+ others...with no consequences? If teams just let everyone quit with no consequences hockey in Western PA would be more of a mess than it already is.

I like that it's teaching our kids responsibility, respect, and everything else you all complain about them not having on this board.

Hockey and sports in general is not just about playing, it's also about molding our kids into ones who can contribute to society in a positive way for the future....

But let's all go back to talking about how we (not even our kids) were all wronged and how our kid is the next Crosby. 

Most teams pro rate the season when they add kids, why should it be different if a kid leaves ? It’s just another black eye on those icemen guys and why their program will be dead soon. The kid I know they sued went to ppe before the team even started practice 

38 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Most teams pro rate the season when they add kids, why should it be different if a kid leaves ? It’s just another black eye on those icemen guys and why their program will be dead soon. The kid I know they sued went to ppe before the team even started practice 

Well I think you missed the entire part about commitment...that being said, do I think it should be the whole season? Not my call.

But your argument is not really a solid one...If you commit to a team, you in turn took a spot away from another kid. If you then quit that commitment, you start the chain reaction that causes the pro-rated fees if you join during the season. I know of no teams who pro-rate prior to hitting the ice (if you do, I guess you have done it before).  I don't see what they did as a black eye, I see it as a positive...again, back to teaching our kids what commitment means and that their are consequences. 

58 minutes ago, HSFBLJ said:

Part of the problem is allowing kids to play at a reduced rate the first year to get the kid on the team.  I'm not saying this is a frozen pond issue but it has been at other rinks.  Coaches give special kids special pricing.  Word gets out eventually.

I know of no teams who do this. Please share if anyone does?  If its a rumor (they get out, above facts most of the time), I don't want to hear it. 

1 minute ago, Hockey22 said:

I know of no teams who do this. Please share if anyone does?  If its a rumor (they get out, above facts most of the time), I don't want to hear it. 

The icemen. They were looking for players all season at all ages. 

5 minutes ago, Hockey22 said:

Well I think you missed the entire part about commitment...that being said, do I think it should be the whole season? Not my call.

But your argument is not really a solid one...If you commit to a team, you in turn took a spot away from another kid. If you then quit that commitment, you start the chain reaction that causes the pro-rated fees if you join during the season. I know of no teams who pro-rate prior to hitting the ice (if you do, I guess you have done it before).  I don't see what they did as a black eye, I see it as a positive...again, back to teaching our kids what commitment means and that their are consequences. 

What you are missing - programs like the icemen never have a full team to begin with. Just this season the 04 & 03 teams had plenty of spots open, I believe they even posted on this message board looking for “players to round out our teams”. 

1 minute ago, Danner27 said:

What you are missing - programs like the icemen never have a full team to begin with. Just this season the 04 & 03 teams had plenty of spots open, I believe they even posted on this message board looking for “players to round out our teams”. 

That is not factual. It is people like you, who make this board a joke.  Plain and simple - that statement above is NOT A FACT and inaccurate. Now I am 100% sure to take anything you type as pretty much crap. 

2 minutes ago, Hockey22 said:

U16 only - that is one team.  Again, your previous post...not factual... "all season long" "all ages".  that is from June 10th.....

That was not MY post, i just chimed in and was simply commenting on the fact that in this very thread about the Iceman U16 team looking for players, there was an argument about them looking for players..... Basic reading comprehension really seems to be lacking on this board.

Just now, forbin said:

That was not MY post, i just chimed in and was simply commenting on the fact that in this very thread about the Iceman U16 team looking for players, there was an argument about them looking for players..... Basic reading comprehension really seems to be lacking on this board.

I edited it already. ?  the tag disappeared the first time - no need to toss insults. 

39 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

That's not factual... and what am I missing?? That the premise of teaching our youth of today what commitment means is that it is only relevant if what they commit to is full?

So, according to you,  what I am missing is...if my kid commits to let's say volunteering with the Mighty Pens Sled Team, it's only a real commitment if they have a full team of volunteers that day, but if they don't have a full team of volunteers, he doesn't have to live up to that commitment?  

Nice...

18 minutes ago, HSFBLJ said:

I agree with Hockey22 about the commitment.  Don't except the position if you're not sure it is the team you want to play on.  Hockey22 you are being naive if you don't think kids get special treatment.

Not naive, I just think they are throwing shade in the wrong direction due to some underlying hatred they hold...and what I know are rumors as I saw one on another thread. I was just emphasising that there are more rumors than facts. Rumors spread, most of the time facts don't spread as quickly. 

1 hour ago, Hockey22 said:

Get the fuck out of here with your morally superior bullshit! FAR MORE times have kids and families been screwed over and lied to by these organizations and the scum bag coaches that they chose to run their teams! Kids and families are routinely held hostage to these terrible people over their “commitment”. Countless kids ride the bench and get treated like shit at the hands of these money hungry or WIN driven coaches and organizations! Pathetically, it’s not just at the tier 1 level either!

There is zero loyalty from organizations as they shamelessly take thousands of dollars out of the hands of families. Families who are paying for a service, for their sons or daughters to be taught the game of hockey and more importantly to be treated with respect! 

Shut the fuck up and go ahead and be proud of yourself and your family values. But don’t sit here and project your bullshit onto other people for doing what’s best for their family too! Asshole

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, PPEFAN said:

Get the fuck out of here with your morally superior bullshit! FAR MORE times have kids and families been screwed over and lied to by these organizations and the scum bag coaches that they chose to run their teams! Kids and families are routinely held hostage to these terrible people over their “commitment”. Countless kids ride the bench and get treated like shit at the hands of these money hungry or WIN driven coaches and organizations! Pathetically, it’s not just at the tier 1 level either!

There is zero loyalty from organizations as they shamelessly take thousands of dollars out of the hands of families. Families who are paying for a service, for their sons or daughters to be taught the game of hockey and more importantly to be treated with respect! 

Shut the fuck up and go ahead and be proud of yourself and your family values. But don’t sit here and project your bullshit onto other people for doing what’s best for their family too! Asshole

I'm going to give this props before it gets removed.

49 minutes ago, PPEFAN said:

I am not engaging with you other than to say you need to take your meds. The way you act is a clear representation of why I'm going to sit on my high horse and teach my kid not to end up like you. He actually laughed and said "ok Boomer. You and Karen can go ahead and live your angry life". 

2 hours ago, Hockey22 said:

That is not factual. It is people like you, who make this board a joke.  Plain and simple - that statement above is NOT A FACT and inaccurate. Now I am 100% sure to take anything you type as pretty much crap. 

Look I know two kids on the 16u iceman, one is from excel. They have 13 skaters and constantly were bringing different kids in to play tournaments. 

39 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Look I know two kids on the 16u iceman, one is from excel. They have 13 skaters and constantly were bringing different kids in to play tournaments. 

This was the statement I said was not factual

Just this season the 04 & 03 teams had plenty of spots open...:

That is NOT factual. Having one portion of a sentence FACT and the other FALSE makes it a FALSE statement.

3 hours ago, Danner27 said:

13 skaters period. Others are added for games / tournaments. Right from the dads mouth! 

Again. I'm not sure how you are missing that you are spouting fake news. 03 & 04 teams would be defined as 16u and 15uo. Both teams were not looking for kids nor did both teams only have 13 skaters. Educate yourself my friend. Or live in the bubble of the Excel delusion. Either way, I'm just glad I don't know you. 

Edited by Hockey22

3 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Two kids that play off and on are from Lawrence county.

Again. That was for one team. The 16u team. The 04 team is the 15uo team. Just give up... I'm pretty sure everyone but you realized I have the facts and you are on the outside spewing rumors. Was your kid not asked to play with them? Cause that would makes sense....your lack of facts is clearly evident. Find another post to get hard on.