Seeking new board moderator(s)

Hello all-

@one97one00  has decided to retire as an admin (please thank him for his service).

As a result, I would like to open up 2 new forum moderator positions to help with the day-to-day operations on the board.  We will be starting our busy season and will need the help to keep the forum going.

Ideally, both will have a good, wide knowledge of youth hockey.

Preferably, one will have experience with the younger ages (~mite to ~peewee) and the other peewee and up. 

What does it take to do this?

1) passion for the western PA hockey community

2) ability to log on at least once a day to check on the forums and moderate as needed.

3) good decision making skills and a patient heart

4) relative UN-biased as it relates to specific teams.  You can have your own opinions, of course, but the main job is to keep the forum operating smoothly, review questionable posts (and fix or remove the problematic content).   When I say "un-biased" I mean you shouldn't be on here saying how great your org is compared to others, etc.  That's not your job.  You job is to police content and answer questions and grow the content on the site by making good posts.

If you think you're up to the task, please direct message me the following:

1) why you want to be a forum admin?

2) why you'd make a good choice

3) a brief overview of your hockey background

**Minimum criteria for moderators:  You must be at least 21.  All moderator appointments will be at my sole discretion.

Moderator appointments will now go for 1 year terms, starting 8/1/19  (this year will be slightly late).  If you're doing a good job I will probably ask you to stay.  If you're not, your term may be less than one year ?

What you will get in return for being a moderator?

1) a special title on your forum tag to denote you're a moderator

2) pride in knowing you're helping the hockey community by volunteering your time

3) thank you's from me! ?

13 hours ago, one97one00 said:

Emphasis on the patience ?

Seriously though, I've enjoyed interacting with all of you. For those who are considering stepping up, I believe you'll find it as worthwhile as I did.

Thanks for all of your time!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...