2019 Keystone games wrap up

Congratulations to the following area players who were part of the KSG teams that won medals.  I think this might have been one of the better showings by the West in quite some time.  The South is as usual, loaded with Flyers Jr. AAA players, and I don't know if one male PPE played for the West or Central. 

• West Region 12u - (2-1 record) - Silver Medal
  • West Region 14u - (2-1) - Silver Medal
  • West Region 16u - (2-1) - Silver Medal
  • West Region 18u - (2-1) - Silver Medal
  • Central Region Female - (3-0) - Gold Medal
  • Central Region 12u (1-2) - Bronze
  • Central Region 18u (1-2) - Bronze

For the West in the 16u division, 2 out of 3 games were very competitive and exciting.  The West 16u lost 5-2 to South (outshot around 50-20), then they beat East in a wild 8-6 game, and then for the Silver medal they beat Central in a very exciting 4-2 win.

The draw for the west was very difficult, as all 5 teams played South first, which were their first competitive games as a team, going up against half a AAA team at each level.

I think things would have faired better had they played South on Sunday versus the first game Friday.

I hope that the tourney will be moved because I feel that the location is for sure a homefield advantage for the South.

7 hours ago, Paul Baxter said:

Congratulations to the following area players who were part of the KSG teams that won medals.  I think this might have been one of the better showings by the West in quite some time.  The South is as usual, loaded with Flyers Jr. AAA players, and I don't know if one male PPE played for the West or Central. 

18u Central had 1 and there were 5 gold helmets on 18u West, but I think one was a Preds helmet. 

Edited by Interestedbystandr

8 hours ago, Paul Baxter said:

There was an 08 PPE on the 12u Central Team.