Maybe one of pgh’s biggest money grabs

On 8/30/2019 at 10:00 AM, HSFBLJ said:

I have said this before check out the Mighigan Hockey by-laws.  Organizations that have AAA teams are limited and must have a AAA team at all levels not just one team.  This promotes strong organizations and the formation of individual team clusters that we have in Pittsburgh.  It also drives the quality coaches to those organizations.  Until it is restricted we will still have AA players playing AAA hockey because the parents  think the kid is that good and there is a coach waiting to take that $$$$.

The Predators and i believe Esmark have teams at every age the only one that does not is the Mt.Lebanon Hornets. So where does that put any lebanon as a team.

Edited by whome88

Oh gee here come the 04 predator parents with their chests pumped out. 

Let me enlighten you guys on a few things. 

1) it was not a invitational. It’s was the harbor center tournament hosted by the junior sabers. Anyone can pay the money to get in. All the top U15 teams were in Chicago, the tier 1 elite invitational or the north east showcase. The harbor center tournament is a fund raiser for the sabers. It’s never been high end. It’s filled with 80% buffalo teams. Do you think ppe would have a tournament and let icemen, esmark, Lebo and predators  in it ? Come on. 

2) you beat Amherst who is traditionally  weak at every age group. You tied the buffalo red raiders. This team was a bad AA team last year and you beat esmark who is now proven to have a crap 04 team. It took them 3 years to finally field that mess.  1-2-1 in pool play with a consolation win vs a local team. Yep you guys are world beaters. 

3) all the stats are online. I’ll give the goalie dad credit early. It’s working out for him. Seeing lots of shots. Congratulate the same 3 kids that scored all the points for your team. 

Come back with your argument when you beat someone that will be ranked above 75. 

6 minutes ago, whome87 said:

1) it was not a invitational. It’s was the harbor center tournament hosted by the junior sabers. Anyone can pay the money to get in. All the top U15 teams were in Chicago, the tier 1 elite invitational or the north east showcase. The harbor center tournament is a fund raiser for the sabers. It’s never been high end. It’s filled with 80% buffalo teams. Do you think ppe would have a tournament and let icemen, esmark, Lebo and predators  in it ? Come on. 

2) you beat Amherst who is traditionally  weak at every age group. You tied the buffalo red raiders. This team was a bad AA team last year and you beat esmark who is now proven to have a crap 04 team. It took them 3 years to finally field that mess.  1-2-1 in pool play with a consolation win vs a local team. Yep you guys are world beaters. 

3) all the stats are online. I’ll give the goalie dad credit early. It’s working out for him. Seeing lots of shots. Congratulate the same 3 kids that scored all the points for your team. 

Come back with your argument when you beat someone that will be ranked above 75. 

Typo. 1-1-2 

27 minutes ago, whome87 said:

But why did the PPE 06 gold team play in this then ? 

27 minutes ago, whome87 said:

But why did the PPE 06 gold team play in this then ? 

On 8/6/2019 at 3:59 PM, whome87 said:

the U15 (2004) “AAA” pgh predators! What a train wreck! This team would be hard pressed to play with a pw AA team. Players that can’t skate, can’t shot, can’t pass & I’m talking about every kid on the ice! The speed was also extremely slow. 

I'm just curious to know if you stand by the statement above?  Obviously they are not the worst team in AAA. Your exact words "every kid on the ice!"  When they beat a team in the top 100 will you then apologize to these kids?  Or will you justify your pathetic rant some other way?   I have absolutely no ties to the Predators other than getting annoyed by you bashing them.  Why are you so bitter toward them?  Not that they care but what would they have to do to make you happy?

40 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

I'm just curious to know if you stand by the statement above?  Obviously they are not the worst team in AAA. Your exact words "every kid on the ice!"  When they beat a team in the top 100 will you then apologize to these kids?  Or will you justify your pathetic rant some other way?   I have absolutely no ties to the Predators other than getting annoyed by you bashing them.  Why are you so bitter toward them?  Not that they care but what would they have to do to make you happy?

He sure does know a lot about 04 AAA hockey for not having a kid that’s an 04 

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2019 at 1:30 PM, hockeyisgreat said:

that was a fluke. My sons team played at ice castle this weekend and watched the preds get pounded by Carolina. Wasn’t even competitive. Someone in the stands said they gave up 2 short handed goals on one PP the game before !

think whome87 needs to come back here and apologize to the entire Preds U15 team.  His

On 9/1/2019 at 4:55 PM, whome88 said:

They also beat Esmark 4-1

OP was pretty scathing to say the least.  

Icemen as a whole are a complete joke. The powers that be have taken a once thriving Butler Valley organization and dismantled it to the point of which it may never recover. And to what end? To have a group of teams be forced to pay 3-4x what they could be paying as BV teams:

U18 Tier 2 #14 - very good, but why not just be a BV team and save the families a couple thousand in travel costs?

U16 Tier 1 #122/150 Nationally and #10/10 in the MidAm District. They recently found it advantageous (financially) to add a skater from the BV 04 team to this team. At a ranking of 89.87, they would be a perfect fit in a strong PAHL U16 league.

U15 Tier 1 #113/123 Nationally and #12/12 in the MidAm District. They would be a solid fit in PAHL A Major Black.

05 Tier 2 #4 in Western PA and at 89.55 sitting exactly in the middle of 6 other Western PA teams led by the Viper Stars at 90.69 and book-ended by North Pittsburgh 88.52. Again, just another good Butler Valley team that wouldn't need to travel to play all of their games. If them and the VS were in the PAHL AA-Major division, that would be a great 7 team division with Allegheny and Predators being pushed down to A Major Black.

Just now, dazedandconfused said:

Icemen as a whole are a complete joke. The powers that be have taken a once thriving Butler Valley organization and dismantled it to the point of which it may never recover. And to what end? To have a group of teams be forced to pay 3-4x what they could be paying as BV teams:

U18 Tier 2 #14 - very good, but why not just be a BV team and save the families a couple thousand in travel costs?

U16 Tier 1 #122/150 Nationally and #10/10 in the MidAm District. They recently found it advantageous (financially) to add a skater from the BV 04 team to this team. At a ranking of 89.87, they would be a perfect fit in a strong PAHL U16 league.

U15 Tier 1 #113/123 Nationally and #12/12 in the MidAm District. They would be a solid fit in PAHL A Major Black.

05 Tier 2 #4 in Western PA and at 89.55 sitting exactly in the middle of 6 other Western PA teams led by the Viper Stars at 90.69 and book-ended by North Pittsburgh 88.52. Again, just another good Butler Valley team that wouldn't need to travel to play all of their games. If them and the VS were in the PAHL AA-Major division, that would be a great 7 team division with Allegheny and Predators being pushed down to A Major Black.

I get your point, but if the parents wanted to pay less, they would have their kids playing PAHL. If not Icemen, they would go to another independent. I've had a parent tell me from the U15 team that PAHL is 'too slow'. Chasing the dream.

I think families head to the Icemen and similar programs because they like the coaching and the ice time. 

Are you suggesting that BV hire these very same coaches, give them more ice time than a typical BV team and play PAHL?  If you are then you are basically saying that you like Posey's Viper Stars model.

1 hour ago, Saucey said:

I get your point, but if the parents wanted to pay less, they would have their kids playing PAHL. If not Icemen, they would go to another independent. I've had a parent tell me from the U15 team that PAHL is 'too slow'. Chasing the dream.

U15 Icemen is ran by the 04 bv parents from last year dw wanted to have a team so he promised all of those parents lots of ice time ,  There is talented Kids on that team but they are getting benched for the bv kids. Surprised nobody has left yet 

2 hours ago, Saucey said:

It's obvious that those are "highly educated" hockey parents. The only thing that is too slow is the processing part of their brain.

17 minutes ago, dazedandconfused said:

100% agree, but if you (sort of) own the ice then what sense does it make to dismantle your main tenant and give up that guaranteed revenue?

If a "tenant" backed out of ice time at FP, someone else would step right in within minutes.  Not enough ice to meet the current demand.