Preseason PAHL matchups are posted

31 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

You can start here, then click on USA Boys and filter as needed for the age group you want in Tier 2.  There will be some shifting in the alignments after placement games are completed.

https://myhockeyrankings.com/division_info.php?y=2019&d=318

I think this is what he's looking for...

PRESEASON 1920 Groups_Game Slotting 12U_14U_16U_18U.xlsx

2 hours ago, powderfinger said:

On the list you provided, Allegheny, Renegades, Foxes, NP and Preds have two teams in "Group 1" for U14 however there is no way these organizations will have two teams at the AA level, so the "group 1" moniker is misleading.  AA Major will consist of 05 teams (some teams may have a couple of 06 players ) while AA Minor will consist of 06 BY teams.  Everything else looks right as at the other levels there doesn't appear to be two teams from the same org in Group 1.

Either way there will be shifting based on placement game performance.194498482_Image8-14-19at1_16PM.jpg.a0ad51f414792a5a849506ea850a0c98.jpg

36883516_Image8-14-19at1_17PM.jpg.192138e1f0ce1e30cd6b564407cdb812.jpg

Bantam Group 1

Allegheny 231

Foxes 267

Mt Lebo 353

North Pitt 451

Predators 410

Renegades 547

South Hills 320

Westmoreland 384

There is no mention of the Viper stars, BV or MV.  One of these team will likely get moved down after placement games.  Someone always wants to move up.  An 06 team playing with the 05's?

5 hours ago, HSFBLJ said:

Bantam Group 1

Allegheny 231

Foxes 267

Mt Lebo 353

North Pitt 451

Predators 410

Renegades 547

South Hills 320

Westmoreland 384

There is no mention of the Viper stars, BV or MV.  One of these team will likely get moved down after placement games.  Someone always wants to move up.  An 06 team playing with the 05's?

MyHockey rankings duplicates last year’s divisions when the new season is first live. That’s why you are seeing BV, Vipers and MV currently. They aren’t going to jump from Groups 2, 4 and 5 to AA. 

1 hour ago, Ihearthockey said:

Steel City had 2 12U teams in AA last year I believe.  Not sure if that happens again this year or if another team has a shot to do it.  I don't think the second SC team did very well though.  

They were an 07 BY team, went 8-28 and should have been in a lower division.

Sometimes ego gets in the way of sound reasoning, especially if a team gets whacked in placement games by teams in the division they were originally placed and don't petition to move down.  

Edited by fafa fohi

4 hours ago, Ihearthockey said:

Steel City had 2 12U teams in AA last year I believe.  Not sure if that happens again this year or if another team has a shot to do it.  I don't think the second SC team did very well though.  

The top steel city squirt team is the 2010 Vengeance playing under the Renegades name.  09 vengeance is independent and 09 Renegades is the second PAHL Renegades team under the 2010 vengeance 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 5:15 PM, Jack Handey said:

Why waste time playing under different names?  Seems silly to manipulate ratings for 10u.

Just a guess but I guess the PAHL games lower their ranking which means fewer teams want to play them.  Also, isn't it easier to get into some tournaments if your are a AAA team?  

• 1 month later...