On another note

• 1 month later...

WA played in front of my son’s team Monday. some parents over there I know. I Was told the coach is under investigation by usa hockey (not the district) for multiple safe sport violations that date back a few years. These violations are still occurring. Time will tell these things don’t say secret long. 

9 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

What kind of abuse is being allowed to go on? Seems to be a serious issue here. 

I’m not comfortable posting the details i was given on a public forum. With that said it was not just one thing. There were many different issues. To have Colorado Springs involved that speaks to how serious the problems were. 

47 minutes ago, twoleftfeetd said:

I’m not comfortable posting the details i was given on a public forum. With that said it was not just one thing. There were many different issues. To have Colorado Springs involved that speaks to how serious the problems were. 

On 8/27/2019 at 7:18 PM, Pghbus36 said:

I heard it was about a father of an 03 player

Sure, file safesport violations against coaches when your kid isn't on the top line because folks, that is what this is all about.  PLAYING TIME and entitlements.   Everything is great until little johnny gets moved down a line or two or does not make the team, so lets recruit all of the past years parents who's kid got reduced playing time and therefore hate this coach.  Unfortunately mid-am/usa hockey has one sided eye glasses and could not see through this.  It's a shame that parents can ruin coaches who give us their all just because little johnny is not getting enough playing time at the varsity level.     It's a sad day for hockey.

14 minutes ago, Entitled said:

Sure, file safesport violations against coaches when your kid isn't on the top line because folks, that is what this is all about.  PLAYING TIME and entitlements.   Everything is great until little johnny gets moved down a line or two or does not make the team, so lets recruit all of the past years parents who's kid got reduced playing time and therefore hate this coach.  Unfortunately mid-am/usa hockey has one sided eye glasses and could not see through this.  It's a shame that parents can ruin coaches who give us their all just because little johnny is not getting enough playing time at the varsity level.     It's a sad day for hockey.

What I was told had nothing to do with playing time or things of that nature. Do you think Colorado Springs  would get involved over that ? A year suspension ? If you think so you’re the coach or just crazy. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Entitled said:

You don't know what you are talking about.  I am very close to the situation and frankly it is a bunch of BS what is going on.   

Colorado Springs does not get involved over minor issues. That’s what the district is for. I’m very friendly with three different families that have kids playing on that team. All three have stated to me the same thing. I choose not to repeat the charges. These are minors involved. I’m not starting a fight. The question was asked a month ago above. 

A coach does not get a year suspension over what you are claiming. 

You are wrong about Colorado Springs being involved.  This was from Mid-Am.  There is always more to the story.  Don't care what parents you talked to at WA.  Don't believe everything you hear even if you think it is from a reliable source.   Have a nice night.   

Edited by Entitled
grammer lol

I can tell you what exactly this is about it was not Colorado it was midam. It about shitty ass board members that cant handle responsibilities and a parent run organization.  It was nothing but kids being cut, parents being told that their kids suck and being cut, and mid am Todd Naylor being put in his place that is now butt hurt. There was parents that tried to play good with the coach thinking it would do them good then going behind his back because kissing up does nothing for this coach it is all about earn ur play time. The issue is that some of these children have been handed everything and when they weren’t handed a spot or playing time parent made false allegations.  Yes False!!!!   

Edited by 1234cbinn

4 hours ago, 1234cbinn said:

I can tell you what exactly this is about it was not Colorado it was midam. It about shitty ass board members that cant handle responsibilities and a parent run organization.  It was nothing but kids being cut, parents being told that their kids suck and being cut, and mid am Todd Naylor being put in his place that is now butt hurt. There was parents that tried to play good with the coach thinking it would do them good then going behind his back because kissing up does nothing for this coach it is all about earn ur play time. The issue is that some of these children have been handed everything and when they weren’t handed a spot or playing time parent made false allegations.  Yes False!!!!   

wow. Kids suck ? It was explained to me there are a handful of parents who think this coach will get their kids into college hockey. these parents kids play on a second team coached by said coach. Clearly you are one of them. Just read what you wrote. Are you drunk ? this is about high school hockey. You are not in a prep high school. This is not Minnesota high school. I don’t know who Tod Naylor is. If this is one of the board members you are speaking about it sounds like the only person who got put in their place is the guy that got suspended for a year! I’m sorry to break it to you coaches do not get suspended for a year from USA hockey over playing time. Maybe said coach is not telling tell you the truth. Even if the parents I know only told me one side the fact is this guy was suspend for a YEAR. That just doesn’t happen unless there was a serious problem of some sort. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 1234cbinn said:

I had to re-read your post again because I still am shaking my head about what you wrote. While doing so I realized I missed you said Todd Naylor was from mid am so who really got put in their place now ? Crazy parents such as yourself are who ruin the game for kids. Your attitude only reinforces the side of the story I was told. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Being suspended for safe sports violations is nothing to take lightly.  Intimidation tactics, bullying and harassment of youth hockey players is unacceptable in this day and age.  From what I’ve read this isn’t a new charge against this coach.  If this truly has gone on at that school for years then shame on everyone that could’ve done something to stop it.  The school, the board and other coaches should have intervened earlier.  It’s a shame that the parents have to worry about these types of things coming from a coach who was given the responsibility of molding and teaching these young players.  Bullying by coaches, parents or other players shouldn’t be tolerated.    

34 minutes ago, Badger9192 said:

Being suspended for safe sports violations is nothing to take lightly.  Intimidation tactics, bullying and harassment of youth hockey players is unacceptable in this day and age.  From what I’ve read this isn’t a new charge against this coach.  If this truly has gone on at that school for years then shame on everyone that could’ve done something to stop it.  The school, the board and other coaches should have intervened earlier.  It’s a shame that the parents have to worry about these types of things coming from a coach who was given the responsibility of molding and teaching these young players.  Bullying by coaches, parents or other players shouldn’t be tolerated.    

Safety sport violations can follow you to court and your job as well. They are incredibly serious. As they should be. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Saucey said:

Safety sport violations can follow you to court and your job as well. They are incredibly serious. As they should be. 

14 hours ago, Saucey said:

Too many parents and coaches do not understand safe sport. A lot of coaches take the class and seem to forget what they learned. Safe sport is there to protect everyone even the parents. the West Allegheny coach got suspended for a year! During my time watching my kids play over the years I’ve seen coaches do some pretty stupid stuff and only get a week or two suspension. This guy had to do something egregious. PS @Entitled yesterday you wrote a 5 paragraph reply and quickly deleted it. I’m guessing you deleted it because the post made it very obvious you are the former coach at WA. Remember this is the internet nothing gets deleted for good. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, HSFBLJ said:

Can you report parents behavior in the stands to safesport?  This has nothing to do with this thread but I am curious.

The code of conduct applies to everyone. The Safesport website has answers to those questions.

• Like 1

A 10U Coach for PPE was also suspended for a year roughly 18 months ago.

That too was driven by a parent with a grudge. And while I'm not excusing whatever behavior caused these suspensions I will tell you that this era of bull-dozer parenting, yes it's no longer helicopter parenting, will cause a large number of the qualified coaches to decide that it simply isn't worth the aggravation nor the possible life-altering consequences that come with Coaching.

Saucey, I have been worried myself for some time about the effect that all the layers of paperwork and the absurd parenting will have on coaching in the future. I know of more than one team that didn't have a coach at the time of placements, forcing players to accept placements to a team on faith that the team would actually still exist at the start of the season.

Regarding parents in the stands being covered by SafeSport, at least where my kids play (both PIHL and PAHL) coaches, players, and parents are all required to sign a code of conduct. At least one of the Codes of Conduct we signed explicitly cites SafeSport. Sadly you see far too few organizations actually expecting their people to actually comply with their code of conduct, and I suspect most are only requiring parents and players to sign it to cover a legal need.

Edited by Lifelongbender
Accidentally quoted the wrong posting. Quote deleted.

I get parents are a huge problem. However, call me naive but, people claiming these coaches that got suspended for a year simply because a parent complained? Come on, I have to believe that these matters are taken seriously and that a suspension of that magnitude isn't going to be given out just because some parent doesn't like the fact their kid isn't getting playing time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfinger said:

I get parents are a huge problem. However, call me naive but, people claiming these coaches that got suspended for a year simply because a parent complained? Come on, I have to believe that these matters are taken seriously and that a suspension of that magnitude isn't going to be given out just because some parent doesn't like the fact their kid isn't getting playing time. 

I bet that is a commonly used defense by a coach, the parent is out to get me. Trying to discredit an accuser.

5 hours ago, powderfinger said:

100%

22 hours ago, HSFBLJ said:

Can you report parents behavior in the stands to safesport?  This has nothing to do with this thread but I am curious.

There are several local examples of parents who have had safesport violations filed against them ranging from physical contact with players, verbal bullying from the stands, and other inappropriate behavior. They also can be banned from attending games.