2019 Placement Discussion

55 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

If you go on Mt. Lebo's website, they have 3 scheduled this weekend.  Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Seems odd, not sure what the play is there.  

I think they are trying to get out of AA.  Lebo already played the 08 Viper Stars.  They tied them.  So, has to be 07 Viper Stars.  NP could be either 1 or 2. Essentially showing that they don’t belong AA.

5 hours ago, twoboys said:

I think they are trying to get out of AA.  Lebo already played the 08 Viper Stars.  They tied them.  So, has to be 07 Viper Stars.  NP could be either 1 or 2. Essentially showing that they don’t belong AA.

Assuming that is 07 Vipers and then it looks like Preds 414, I heard that the NP team is team 2 through the grapevine.  I've also heard that Preds 414 is also looking to move down to A Major Black.  Could NP 2 be looking to move up to AA, especially if Lebo loses to Vipers 07 and to NP 2 with whatever result in the Lebo/Preds game working in their favor?

2 hours ago, Ihearthockey said:

I also see the Erie is playing the Foxes BY07 twice on Sunday.  Erie in A Major Black, Fox BY07 in AA.

Erie was AA last year.  Maybe they have a strong squad coming back and want to play AA again.  Not many legit AA teams this year.  SHAHA, Foxes, Badgers, NP, Altoona and the Huskies.  Next would be the Viper Stars.   Lebo and Preds aren’t that strong this year.  Renegades only  have an 08 team.   Indiana?  I still think NP 2 could sneak in.

39 minutes ago, twoboys said:

Erie was AA last year.  Maybe they have a strong squad coming back and want to play AA again.  Not many legit AA teams this year.  SHAHA, Foxes, Badgers, NP, Altoona and the Huskies.  Next would be the Viper Stars.   Lebo and Preds aren’t that strong this year.  Renegades only  have an 08 team.   Indiana?  I still think NP 2 could sneak in.

I believe Indiana lost to the Foxes who lost to the Predators.  Surprised Indiana got in there.  I guess if Lebo and Preds want to move down, that would open the door for Erie or NP2.

17 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

Hypothetically if Erie/Foxes games are close, maybe split 1 win each, Lebo loses to 08 Viper and NP2 and Preds lose to Lebo, could NP2 and Erie move up while Lebo and Preds move down?  Or is it super difficult to move and NP2 and Erie would require a blowout of some sort?

The Renegades have to move down too.  They lost to Lebo 5-1.

One questionable placement is at 18u group 3 (a minor).  Allegheny won both their games against group 3 teams by at least 4 goals yet they stayed in group 3.  
in fact I don’t see many changes if any at 18u from the pre-placement groups.

2 hours ago, Ihearthockey said:

I believe Indiana lost to the Foxes who lost to the Predators.  Surprised Indiana got in there.  I guess if Lebo and Preds want to move down, that would open the door for Erie or NP2.

If it's the same group of kids my kid played against in a tournament last year, I'm not. There are some good players there. 

19 hours ago, AMR24 said:

Are there many teams contesting the 12U placements? I was surprised by some placements, at all levels.

From what I'm hearing there's alot.  A major blacks trying to move up.  AAs trying to move down.  A major whites trying to move to gold.  A major golds trying to move to black.  Not sure if it's unprecedented but it just seems like alot this year.  

12 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

From what I'm hearing there's alot.  A major blacks trying to move up.  AAs trying to move down.  A major whites trying to move to gold.  A major golds trying to move to black.  Not sure if it's unprecedented but it just seems like alot this year.  

My son's team was aiming for A Major Gold. Lost both placement games. The 1st 1 was 4-2 (equal shots on net), the 2nd was 5-1 (completely 1 sided on shots on net). His team was placed in A Minor Black along with the 1st team we lost to. The 2nd team we played were placed in A Major White, they were aiming for A Major Black. My assumption is that there must be some pretty heavy hard hitters in the upper tiers for us to be placed 2 down from where we aimed. Seems like a several teams were placed 2 down from where they started. 

The past two years, some of the divisions had 16 and 17 teams. Looks like the PAHL created some minor divisions to address that. My kid played in one of those divisions, and it was silly. This way, more teams can compete for a banner and the divisions are hopefully more competitive for each game. They could have chosen not to do this, and your team might have been in the named division you wanted, but it would not be better for the kids. I think it is a good thing.