Hempfield Varsity?

Families I know that play for Hempfield are upset with the new coach. Apparently he’s told some parents that this season is rebuilding and that a few of the seniors won’t be seeing much ice time to give the sophomores and juniors call ups Varsity experience. 

basically taking this season and throwing it away. So, it sounds like it’s open season for whomever plays Hempfield in the AA conference. Should be a pushover this year. 

1 hour ago, Pa Hockey said:

Last Years JV Parents are running the show from what I have been told 

Looks like this is the 2nd thread stated where parents are the issue.  I never volunteered for anything when my kid was playing for this very reason.  I can say in all honesty that though all my kids years of playing travel and High School, I can count on one hand the number of parent board members and/or volunteers that were good.  The balance were just in it to cause controversy and try to get their kid a leg-up.  I loved in the "On another note" thread where one person stated that there were a handful of parents who thought the coach could get their kid into College Hockey.  This just shows you how delusional these people are.  If there are referring to NCAA D1, there is no High School Coach in this area who can help with that.  If your kid is a Sophmore and you have not been contacted yet, your coaches reccomendation isn't going to help.  If you are talking about NCAA D3, there is no scholorship money for that.  And Club is just that, Club.  I actually had one parent tell me a few years back that there kid was getting a college scholorship to for roller hockey.  I'll say it one more time, the parents are the problem.

Edited by Eddie Shore

Eddie some of the ACHA Division 1 Hockey Teams are better than NCAA Division 3 (and a lot cheaper education) and the ACHA is just going to get better and deeper as time goes on. It is a very underestimated brand of hockey and people need to start looking at this option  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Pa Hockey said:

Eddie some of the ACHA Division 1 Hockey Teams are better than NCAA Division 3 (and a lot cheaper education) and the ACHA is just going to get better and deeper as time goes on. It is a very underestimated brand of hockey and people need to start looking at this option  

I think Eddie was making the point that the only way to have college paid for is to play Division 1.  If either of my kids want to play hockey in college I think it would be great if they could play Club or Division 3 hockey. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, twoboys said:

I think Eddie was making the point that the only way to have college paid for is to play Division 1.  If either of my kids want to play hockey in college I think it would be great if they could play Club or Division 3 hockey. 

My goal has always been that my kids love hockey enough to still be playing when they are my age. Division 3 or club in college would be a wonderful bonus.

45 minutes ago, twoboys said:

You mean partially paid for. Most people do not realize that a DI hockey scholarship is not a full ride. The NCAA limits 18 scholarships per team so most players are only getting 1/2 of their schooling paid for.

2 hours ago, Pa Hockey said:

I think you misunderstood my post.  I don't need to look at it.  My kid plays in ACHA.  We pay just about the same price as we did when he played travel.  He does it because he loves his school and the sport.  Don't get me wrong, the schools treat these players very well, with uniforms, equipment, swag, buses, hotel rooms and meals.  NCAA is great, if you want your kid to go billet in Ontario until they are 21.  

ACHA Division 1 has been great so far for us as well through two years and the price is not cheap, but is well worth it. Walked into the program as an 18 year old and has earned his stripes in two years and still going strong. A lot of good local  programs in the CHMA and they are knocking on the door nationally. If you have a kid interested Pitt, RMU, SRU, IUP, Duquesne, Mercyhurst, WVU, and JCU ALL have competitive programs !