Penguins Elite U18

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 8:26 PM, anon said:

Anyone know if Penguins Elite U18 is going to be good next year? Would it be better to play for Esmark u18 or Pens U18 next year?

Making the team is not an issue.

You are talking 9 months from now ? Geeeeezzzzz PPE is always the better choice. With that said esmark is almost always the best alternative for local AAA hockey. making either team “is not a issue” is complete bs. If that was the case you wouldn’t be asking this dumb question. It’s not like you’re a squirt major parent ? not sure what kind of crap you are trying to start. 

This whole thread is odd.  If the player is that good he has to be on U16 PPE or U16 Esmark and is one of the studs.  Or he is an 02 on the U18 PPE or Esmark.  In either case, the player has to have a clue about what players are planning on doing.  It is a small world at this level.

1 hour ago, twoboys said:

This whole thread is odd.  If the player is that good he has to be on U16 PPE or U16 Esmark and is one of the studs.  Or he is an 02 on the U18 PPE or Esmark.  In either case, the player has to have a clue about what players are planning on doing.  It is a small world at this level.

We come from the east from a HP U18 Tier 1 team and he is looking for 2nd year U18 options. We do understand PPE is better, but Esmark is way far ahead in U18.

11 minutes ago, anon said:

We come from the east from a HP U18 Tier 1 team and he is looking for 2nd year U18 options. We do understand PPE is better, but Esmark is way far ahead in U18.

Still not buying it. At that age, parents know what most programs around the country are about. Like the guy said above at 16 & 18 PPE is top regardless of ranking, after that esmark gets the next best batch of kids. It’s just the way it is. Still doubting your story completely. What’s hp ? 

44 minutes ago, The King said:

Another expert. This one claims they have their thumb on the pulse of the local “high level” hockey scene but has no idea hp stands for High Performance. To explain what that means would be a total waste of time. Let me ask you, if all these programs are so bad and wastes of money, why did your kid try out at them all? Now he’s back at the high school. Guess he’s gracing them with his presence. Also, before you start spreading rumors on message boards, or suggest you read up on liable and defamation of character laws. Wouldn’t want to be named in a civil suit, junior. 

I assumed it was “high performance” but high performance term is only used in the NAPHL that I am aware of.  If that’s the case this person should be very familiar with esmark. This person is claiming to be from the East so we are not talking about the HPHL. 

I guess you haven’t paid much attention. Just like @OrrWhat its very obvious my son plays at the preds. Yes he plays hs. 

LMFAO are you trying to say some hack coach that got a year suspension can hit me with a civil suit ? Dream on. 

- No, he plays for a national division team in the USPHL. They called it HP at our rink. The rink also has a NCDC team which the coach said that he was not strong enough yet, and so I believe another year of U18 would be the best option. We currently are looking around the U.S. for good U18 teams.

- Second of all, I am asking because there seems to be a trend that Pens have the best U16 team and Esmark has the best U18 team since 2017-2018 on myhockeyrankings. I was asking to see if there was some sort of turnover or anything at Pens Elite during U18.

Not here to cause drama, just here to ask a question

8 hours ago, The King said:

Ah no dummy. You clearly are being fed some bad info from a person who is your “friend” and are just trying to do what most people do on here and pile on a “hack coach” that cut your kid. I know where your kid plays. He’s at the last resort. But don’t worry. Please keep posting because it’s making a lot of things much easier to figure out. 

You forgot the s as in friends aka half the parents I know at WA. Sorry to say the info can’t be that bad the guy got a year! All 18U hockey is the last stop “resort”, My son is off to college next year (not pay to play juniors) Enjoy the suspension!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, anon said:

- No, he plays for a national division team in the USPHL. They called it HP at our rink. The rink also has a NCDC team which the coach said that he was not strong enough yet, and so I believe another year of U18 would be the best option. We currently are looking around the U.S. for good U18 teams.

- Second of all, I am asking because there seems to be a trend that Pens have the best U16 team and Esmark has the best U18 team since 2017-2018 on myhockeyrankings. I was asking to see if there was some sort of turnover or anything at Pens Elite during U18.

If this truly is the case I apologize. Still not sure but to answer your question, after U16 PPE loses most of its top players to prep school, ushl or the nahl. This is why U18 esmark is normally stronger. 

10 hours ago, anon said:

A friend told me that the U18 PPE has some spots open for kids that don't make a junior team.  So, my guess is that you will won't have a concrete idea about the team until after the season starts.

Esmark does the same being they are affiliated with Johnstown Tomahawks. Maybe do both tryouts to get a feel for teams and coaches. PPE has top notch facilities and Esmark has passionate coaches that are dedicated and sincere. It's all about where your player feels it's a good fit