Let’s talk about the Pittsburgh Vengeance

It's all about what the parents (who write the checks) and kids (who mostly have this false notion about playing in the NHL) want to do.

We know of multiple kids who were at A Major or A Minor levels who went to play for the Vengeance over the past few seasons.  Many of these same kids would likely have problems making a solid ("Real") PAHL AA team.  However, some of them still play AAA hockey and are 3rd liners. 

Keep saying it... it's all about that extra "A". 

Edited by Scooby Doo

5 hours ago, Scooby Doo said:

It's all about what the parents (who write the checks) and kids (who mostly have this false notion about playing in the NHL) want to do.

We know of multiple kids who were at A Major or A Minor levels who went to play for the Vengeance over the past few seasons.  Many of these same kids would likely have problems making a solid ("Real") PAHL AA team.  However, some of them still play AAA hockey and are 3rd liners. 

Keep saying it... it's all about that extra "A". 

Waaaahh my kid got cut and I swear he’s better than the kids they took on the U16 team

Waaaahh I’m over my head coaching and the players on my failed teams were the problem. All except my son

Waaaahhh Their players left the local powerhouse I was trying to build and now I have to obsess over their season and trash them every chance I get

Waaaahh why won’t anyone listen to me when I tell them my son is good and take him on their team!!!!

**POST EDITED FOR INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT by admin

Strike 1.  You've been warned.  Since you are a new member you are now on probation. Do it again and you're banned.

Edited by Paul Baxter
INAPPROPRIATE POST

Wampa1 whatever... thank you for your insightful post.  Unfortunately, you're wrong about all your points.

I could give a crap about the V teams or who plays on them. My player is very happy with the team he's on and he idoesn't need to pretend to be a faux AAA player either. 

Nice try and nice cheap shot.

Edited by Scooby Doo

1 hour ago, Scooby Doo said:

Wampa1 whatever... thank you for your insightful post.  Unfortunately, you're wrong about all your points.

I could give a crap about the V teams or who plays on them. My player is very happy with the team he's on and he idoesn't need to pretend to be a faux AAA player either. 

Nice try and nice cheap shot.

Well if it makes you feel any better sweetheart, I wasn’t just referring to you. It was meant for all the idiots who have taken their personal agenda against this team on here and embarrassed themselves and their kids. But you “don’t give a crap about” those teams? You idiots are obsessed. You started a thread on a message board about a youth hickey team your kid was cut from. You morons admittedly follow them and their progress. Like I said,  I’d be more concerned about all of your home lives and what’s going on while you’re obsessing about teams that don’t want your kid and are the place your players leave for. 

Hopefully that was appropriate enough for all of you “concerned” local hockey patrons. 

You are so delusional. I’m getting my information straight from PARENTS WHO CURRENTLY HAVE KIDS ON THE TEAM. Parents who were promised one thing and given another. The parents who are not complaining are just glad their kid isn’t on a team 5 in PAHL. Nobody is obsessing over this nonsense. I’m simply stating the facts. The rankings do not lie...Their talent level is not AAA and the organization is ran poorly and unethically at the upper levels. I don’t know what goes on below U16. 

BTW- my son has never been cut from a team in his life. He’s never played nor tried out for the Vengeance either. We have played them and dismantled them with several different organizations. I would love to play them this year but somehow they are not USA hockey affiliated. 

If your kid lives in this area and does not play for Pens- Esmark- Preds AAA.  They are not AAA- should not identify as AAA and lastly should not be playing any real AAA teams facts! 

Please tell me how this is benefitting the kids? I’ll be waiting and you have all the time in the world since your games were cancelled this weekend. 

4 minutes ago, BlckHawkDwn said:

You are so delusional. I’m getting my information straight from PARENTS WHO CURRENTLY HAVE KIDS ON THE TEAM. Parents who were promised one thing and given another. The parents who are not complaining are just glad their kid isn’t on a team 5 in PAHL. Nobody is obsessing over this nonsense. I’m simply stating the facts. The rankings do not lie...Their talent level is not AAA and the organization is ran poorly and unethically at the upper levels. I don’t know what goes on below U16. 

BTW- my son has never been cut from a team in his life. He’s never played nor tried out for the Vengeance either. We have played them and dismantled them with several different organizations. I would love to play them this year but somehow they are not USA hockey affiliated. 

If your kid lives in this area and does not play for Pens- Esmark- Preds AAA.  They are not AAA- should not identify as AAA and lastly should not be playing any real AAA teams facts! 

Please tell me how this is benefitting the kids? I’ll be waiting and you have all the time in the world since your games were cancelled this weekend. 

Wait I want to add Shady Side Academy as another high level team who I would say qualify as AAA.

1 minute ago, BlckHawkDwn said:

Keep saying it and maybe somebody will believe it insider. You have all the info Badger Bob.  You’d know the benefits if you or your talented baby boy weren’t jumping from place to place looking for the “right fit”. Keep obsessing and thanks for trying to save all the people that are being bamboozled. Thank God people like you are around to help these tubes navigate the hockey scene. Waaahh somebody tell me my son is great. Waaaahhh tell me I’m a good coach. Waaahh tell me I belong please!!!!!

Jumping teams? It is normal for some kids move from AAA to AA when they get older. You know they have AP classes, jobs, girlfriends and things going on. My son earned all his accolades in his own. He hates the spotlight and could care less about anyone telling him about his skill level. Keep being sad about spending 20k this year to be embarrassed over and over. 

You do actullay need people like me in the hockey scene. That way when you lie and convince yourself that it’s not that bad. I jump in and remind you it’s worse than you originally thought. Good luck in the NHL. 

3 minutes ago, BlckHawkDwn said:

Jumping teams? It is normal for some kids move from AAA to AA when they get older. You know they have AP classes, jobs, girlfriends and things going on. My son earned all his accolades in his own. He hates the spotlight and could care less about anyone telling him about his skill level. Keep being sad about spending 20k this year to be embarrassed over and over. 

You do actullay need people like me in the hockey scene. That way when you lie and convince yourself that it’s not that bad. I jump in and remind you it’s worse than you originally thought. Good luck in the NHL. 

All this great insight. Man you have all the facts. With that fine example of a local hockey talent and the path he’s taken, it’s wonder why everyone doesn’t take the advice of an idiot at the ice rink who spends all his time gossiping like a 10 year old girl. Try some self awareness. That’s awesome your kid has AP classes and a girlfriend bro. Thanks for helping us all out by keeping us up to date on your kids path and your intimate knowledge of local hockey. Hopefully I can be in one of your gossip circles at the rink one day. I can’t wait for the next bit of info you give on these teams that you gathered while obsessing at 3 am and plotting your kids next big move. Grow up idiot and get a better hobby

I’ll be here commenting on this topic all season. What part of this is gossip? The ranking? Skill level? Travel? Price? Poaching? Non USA hockey? Those my friend are facts. Sorry you have to result in name calling. Please submit your information so that we can consider you for our group. You can bribe us with some of those Vengeance checks. 

1 minute ago, BlckHawkDwn said:

I’ll be here commenting on this topic all season. What part of this is gossip? The ranking? Skill level? Travel? Price? Poaching? Non USA hockey? Those my friend are facts. Sorry you have to result in name calling. Please submit your information so that we can consider you for our group. You can bribe us with some of those Vengeance checks. 

You have no facts Chatty Cathy. If you actually did you wouldn’t be hiding on a message board or whispering quietly at the rink with “someone on the team”. The kid(s) left your team. Get over it. Your kid gave up on the dream you had for him. Get over it. You aren’t the great coach you thought when the kids were younger. Get over it. Now go back and salvage what you can at home. Your obsession will be to the benefit of whoever ends up living in your house after the divorce.

6 minutes ago, BlckHawkDwn said:

Also, thanks for bringing free publicity to our growing program. Your obsession and the fact your son couldn’t cut it shouldn’t dissuade anyone from inquiring with the program and getting factual information and seeing if it’s the right fit for you. Now, obviously it wasn’t for this “family” but there’s a reason they don’t put advertisements on this message board. It’s a sad indictment on Pittsburgh hockey that this board even exsists. It’s always the “adults” that make things miserable for the everyone. 

13 minutes ago, Wampa1 said:

You have no facts Chatty Cathy. If you actually did you wouldn’t be hiding on a message board or whispering quietly at the rink with “someone on the team”. The kid(s) left your team. Get over it. Your kid gave up on the dream you had for him. Get over it. You aren’t the great coach you thought when the kids were younger. Get over it. Now go back and salvage what you can at home. Your obsession will be to the benefit of whoever ends up living in your house after the divorce.

What??? My son plays multiple sports and never focused on hockey. Neither of us had hockey dreams.  I’ve never coached hockey in my life and I’m not sure who you think I am.

You don’t need free publicity. That #132 out of #141 ranking will pull kids from the tri state area. Ahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

3 minutes ago, BlckHawkDwn said:

What??? My son plays multiple sports and never focused on hockey. Neither of us had hockey dreams.  I’ve never coached hockey in my life and I’m not sure who you think I am.

You don’t need free publicity. That #132 out of #141 ranking will pull kids from the tri state area. Ahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Right the old “not who you think I am” routine. It’s always “men” like you who resort to the “its not worth it” or “wasting money” lines when their kids prove to lack the heart for it. It’s hereditary. My suggestion is to worry about your own life. You’ll be paying for that boy well into his 40’s. With a father that gossips like a woman, he never had a chance

On 9/6/2018 at 6:04 PM, Saucey said:

The Vengeance program didn't develop the Squirts, those players were recruited from other organizations. And...they are Squirts. If they are still good at 14 and still playing at that program, then boast.

They have talent on the teams. But their coaches double shift players and play systems, which USA Hockey says is a no no for long term development. The program seems to be focused on wins over long term development of all players. And playing as Vengeance for tournaments and under the Renegade banner for PAHL was confusing. What was the point of that?

Jury is still out. Not going to bring my kids there or recommend a program because they have good Squirts who came from someone else's mite program.

Don't all AAA Squirt teams draw from other organization's Mite programs?  I think The Rengades Thing is PAHL requirement.  If I remember correctly, The Pens stripped the Then Amateur Pens of the name and left the AAA club with the SCIR when The PPE were created.  Not sure if they (PPE) took over the Hornets AAA or how that all works. SCIR used the Vengeance name to differentiate their AAA from their house teams.  I can remeber the amatuer pens field 3 or 4 teams in PAHL playing low A or even B.  It was just the local PAHL org for that rink.  Good for them (SCIR /Vengeance) for only using the AAA monacer when they have a team or birth year that is capable of playing AAA.   Some of the posts in here seem to be pointed toward one birth year team that probably goes back several years, As an organization, I think The Vengeance have a viable option going for AAA Pittsburgh hockey.

2 minutes ago, PowerPlay said:

Don't all AAA Squirt teams draw from other organization's Mite programs?  I think The Rengades Thing is PAHL requirement.  If I remember correctly, The Pens stripped the Then Amateur Pens of the name and left the AAA club with the SCIR when The PPE were created.  Not sure if they (PPE) took over the Hornets AAA or how that all works. SCIR used the Vengeance name to differentiate their AAA from their house teams.  I can remeber the amatuer pens field 3 or 4 teams in PAHL playing low A or even B.  It was just the local PAHL org for that rink.  Good for them (SCIR /Vengeance) for only using the AAA monacer when they have a team or birth year that is capable of playing AAA.   Some of the posts in here seem to be pointed toward one birth year team that probably goes back several years, As an organization, I think The Vengeance have a viable option going for AAA Pittsburgh hockey.

I don't think there are Squirt AAA Teams.

On 10/29/2018 at 12:00 PM, johnnyhockey said:

Looking at the U16 rankings. What a mess U16 is.  Vengeance, Icemen, and Preds all have a pretty terrible ranking.  

Looked into this a bit.

Icemen
2017-18 final rank 33/112 (29th percentile)
2018-19 current rank 85/153 (56th percentile)

Vengeance
2017-18 final rank 87/112 (78th percentile)
2018-19 current rank 107/153 (70th percentile)

Predators
2017-18 final rank 95/112 (85th percentile)
2018-19 current rank 113/153 (74th percentile)

Icemen have slipped a bit.  Was kind of surprised by that.   Other two programs not exactly spotlight material but seem to have improved.