Moon vs. Plum Varsity

10 minutes ago, Saucey said:

You know, the couple of you pretending that you don't understand this....you do. The poster who said 'don't be an a$#hole' summed it up. If there was no apparent outcry about it, I am guessing that the foot was taken off the gas at some point. 

I guess I assumed that aaaahockey was joking when he wrote that.

On 12/18/2019 at 4:57 AM, PuckHead7 said:

This morphed thread is probably the healthiest one on this site.  Instead of bickering and name calling, you can actually talk about sportsmanship and play.  Go figure.

I'm partly with @nemesis8679.

I’m not sure that I’m ok with not putting goals on the board.  Maybe with 12u and younger, 13u and older, put them up. It is what it is and that’s life.  I want my kid to feel disappointment.  Hopefully, the disappointment will make them work harder to reach their goal.  I get it, not many parents are like me nowadays.  Most want to shelter their kids.  Sorry, not here.

What does stopping the game after two periods teach a player/team?  This one just baffles me.  Why do we want to teach our kids to “throw in the towel?”  Is a rule telling you to give up a good rule?  Play the game to the end, use a running clock in the third.  Hopefully the winning teams players are coached well and they let up a bit.  If not, again, that’s life.

I like the fan/spectator rule though.  Ref has an ongoing issue, send an assistant coach to handle them.  Not optimal.  But it probably gets the job done.  Better yet, don’t drop the puck until said people leave the area.

Most people here like the 10 goal rule.  Some alternate ways to look at it:

Players: the high school kids really want the game to be over at that point so they can go out with their friends.

Coaches: they don't want to lose a player to an odd injury or stupid penalty due to high school testosterone gone astray

For the fan/spectator rule, if it gets to removal of one or multiple people, we do stop the game until they are removed.  Couple years ago they cleared the student section due to the throwing quarters.  Took 5-10 minutes to actually clear the stands.  The players played duck-duck goose at center ice while they waited.  There is youtube video of it somewhere.

38 minutes ago, rock said:

so i heard the hearing for the plum players went south pretty quick.. one of the players lost it during the hearing and they immediately gave everyone involved in the incident from plum 5 games. 

Without any names... any more detail to this?  Such as more details on the blowup??

43 minutes ago, rock said:

so i heard the hearing for the plum players went south pretty quick.. one of the players lost it during the hearing and they immediately gave everyone involved in the incident from plum 5 games. 

Obviously this is hearsay, but you're saying that a player who was at the meeting for a disciplinary hearing lost his temper? Wow, it's hard to see how that could happen. You'd think they'd have been well coached before they got there.

Of course the entire incident probably invalidates the supposition that the players are well coached. But that's just hard to imagine.

1 hour ago, Lifelongbender said:

Obviously this is hearsay, but you're saying that a player who was at the meeting for a disciplinary hearing lost his temper? Wow, it's hard to see how that could happen. You'd think they'd have been well coached before they got there.

Of course the entire incident probably invalidates the supposition that the players are well coached. But that's just hard to imagine.

yes, that is what was explained, he flew off the handle in the middle of the hearing, lost his temper and was arguing with the meeting officials  i agree it is hearsay, was posting to get more validity.  was wondering how true it was myself.  I  also heard the certain child has quite the list of priors as well.  no ice who the kid is, would say if i did, but i do not. 

Edited by rock

39 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

Apparently the Pens Elite Squirt coaches didn't get this memo. They won all their games today (gold teams) by 10+. 

No comparison. Pens Elite is not PIHL school hockey. And if you want to wear the AAA label when you’re not at that level, you deserve to lose by as many as the other team can put up on you.

10 minutes ago, Ynot02 said:

No comparison. Pens Elite is not PIHL school hockey. And if you want to wear the AAA label when you’re not at that level, you deserve to lose by as many as the other team can put up on you.

Yep I guess that gives you a license to be classless to 9 year olds. Good call.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

You could say that parents putting their kids on AAA teams that aren't reaallly AAA teams and the coaches/adults leading the charge are the most classless of all. 

Especially with those kind of scores. I'm so sure the kids from the other team (at 9) "knew what they were signing up for".   A thrashing. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...