LiveBarn PSA

Just throwing it out there, some rinks in western PA are not hooked up with LiveBarn which amazes me when you look at the scope of youth hockey in this area.  For those connected to these rinks, I am curious as to why they don't have it.   And to those that have it, props.

Alpha is the one that blows my mind.  With the amount of teams that call Alpha home, WTH?

Delmont, Mt. Lebo, Brady's Run, Cambria.  Any others?  And maybe with enough pressure or public outcry, things may change?  

• Like 1

The main problem I see when using livebarn is that the upstream speed that some of these rinks have is abysmal and causes the LB games to stutter or run at a lower framerate, resulting in jittery video.

Center Ice is one that fits into that boat.  They need to upgrade the upstream side of their internet connection to be able to properly handle 3 rinks worth of streaming video.

4 hours ago, Scooby Doo said:

The main problem I see when using livebarn is that the upstream speed that some of these rinks have is abysmal and causes the LB games to stutter or run at a lower framerate, resulting in jittery video.

Center Ice is one that fits into that boat.  They need to upgrade the upstream side of their internet connection to be able to properly handle 3 rinks worth of streaming video.

I agree, however the LiveBarn app runs much better than the website.  For example, I watched a Pens Elite game at UPMC on the app and you can use the zoom feature, not sure you can do that from a desktop or laptop.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:51 PM, fafa fohi said:

I agree, however the LiveBarn app runs much better than the website.  For example, I watched a Pens Elite game at UPMC on the app and you can use the zoom feature, not sure you can do that from a desktop or laptop.

I agree with you about the app, that it is better than the website itself... but it doesn't help with low outbound bandwidth rinks...  video from Center Ice on LB via the app stutters and hangs quite frequently and I don't see this with any other rink that I tune into regularly.

19 hours ago, Scooby Doo said:

I agree with you about the app, that it is better than the website itself... but it doesn't help with low outbound bandwidth rinks...  video from Center Ice on LB via the app stutters and hangs quite frequently and I don't see this with any other rink that I tune into regularly.

Got it thanks........now I will throw it out there.  So what is Alpha's excuse?  How does an org with 19 SCIR teams plus Vengeance get away with NOT HAVING IT?  

On 12/26/2019 at 6:48 PM, fafa fohi said:

Got it thanks........now I will throw it out there.  So what is Alpha's excuse?  How does an org with 19 SCIR teams plus Vengeance get away with NOT HAVING IT?  

Someone said that they have to contract with another group because vengeance is a junior team that requires them to use a different system?? Maybe something hockey tv?? Not sure; just mentioned by someone else when we talked about this 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, bender05 said:

Someone said that they have to contract with another group because vengeance is a junior team that requires them to use a different system?? Maybe something hockey tv?? Not sure; just mentioned by someone else when we talked about this 

They do broadcast Vengeance games and they have a camera on the one ice surface. It may be a different system but they only turn it on for those specific vengeance games and never for any other games which I think is strange. 

We did a broadcast of the Scholastic showcase on Sunday from Alpha for PGH Hockey Digest, best WiFi signal I’ve had all year. Will be back for PIHL competition there. They’re okay with other broadcasts. I called a Vengeance game on last minutes notice to open the season, so I’m familiar with their setup.

I used to have a private gigabit router at CIA (I broadcast club Broomball there) but they upgraded their WiFi and we lost our connector port. Tried to do a game two weeks ago and it was one of the worst connections I had. Great people to work with, though.

I don’t understand why LiveBarn has an issue there, all signals are Hardwired directly into the internet. As for Alpha.... I’m not sure. The press box has its own internet connections, which confuses me. 

Edited by Mitch

3 hours ago, Mitch said:

We did a broadcast of the Scholastic showcase on Sunday from Alpha for PGH Hockey Digest, best WiFi signal I’ve had all year. Will be back for PIHL competition there. They’re okay with other broadcasts. I called a Vengeance game on last minutes notice to open the season, so I’m familiar with their setup.

I used to have a private gigabit router at CIA (I broadcast club Broomball there) but they upgraded their WiFi and we lost our connector port. Tried to do a game two weeks ago and it was one of the worst connections I had. Great people to work with, though.

I don’t understand why LiveBarn has an issue there, all signals are Hardwired directly into the internet. As for Alpha.... I’m not sure. The press box has its own internet connections, which confuses me. 

I've offered to CIA to troubleshoot their network setup but heard >crickets<

Edited by Scooby Doo
  • Haha 1