Pittsburgh Predators

34 minutes ago, discodan said:

Bottom line is the preds were once a good organization but now its all about the money. If they let the aaa kids play on aa where they belong they would still have good teams.

These two sentences probably apply to the "AAA" teams at every organization in the entire tri-state area.

1 hour ago, discodan said:

Its crazy how these rumors change. I heard from a parent on the 16u aa team that the goalie threatened to quit because the player was suspended and the rest of the team wanted the kid back. Who knows? Unless your kid is on that team does anyone know the truth ? Bottom line is the preds were once a good organization but now its all about the money. If they let the aaa kids play on aa where they belong they would still have good teams. As it is now the are not very good in PAHL. Their best team came from the icemen and most of their other top teams are average at best.

8 of the kids on the AA team you reference played Icemen last year and 4 of those 8 were SHAHA kids before that.  I don’t know where the other 4 played before last year but I bet most didn’t play with the Icemen. It’s not like the Icemen developed a team of kids over multiple years and they all up and left. 

Edited by Puckthat
?

2 hours ago, discodan said:

Its crazy how these rumors change. I heard from a parent on the 16u aa team that the goalie threatened to quit because the player was suspended and the rest of the team wanted the kid back. Who knows? Unless your kid is on that team does anyone know the truth ? Bottom line is the preds were once a good organization but now its all about the money. If they let the aaa kids play on aa where they belong they would still have good teams. As it is now the are not very good in PAHL. Their best team came from the icemen and most of their other top teams are average at best.

Their captain also quit for the same reason the goalie did. 

On 1/9/2020 at 12:01 AM, Ankletape said:

What has been going on at the preds ? I heard kids are moving up and down from 15u to 16u and they have kids joining in the middle of the season. Is there any truth to this ? 

I offer no opinion on the quality of play at AAA Tier I 16U, or how WPA hockey and USA Hockey are a joke to those of you posting on this forum, just someone (not a player, parent, coach, or rival) presenting the facts on the Predators 2019-2020 16U team... The AA Tier I 14U SHAHA 2017-2018 National Champion team members were recruited to play AAA Tier I 15U for the Predators in 2018-2019 because SHAHA had no respectable ice time to offer at the 15U level that year. At least 8 players made the move that year along with four or five players from the 2017-2018 14U AA Pens Elite Black, and some former Predators players. The coach that year was also recruited out of retirement (the formerly mentioned SHAHA team coach). The players had high hopes, but quickly found that the team had some internal player issues which they tried to resolve with management multiple times to no avail. Their season ended with them ranked 44 of 113, not bad cosidering the Predators 15U team the previous year ranked 91 of 148. Players were then "romanced" and promised a "better situation" if they would return for 2019-2020 tryouts....a new coach, new players, better conditioning, more consistent management. They lost at least 3 good players to other teams after tryouts, but picked up a few good recruits as well. However, practices are fewer and shorter than "promised" with no contact drills at all. Conditioning sessions are self-conducted at the player's discretion in the Ice Castle Gym (for which they had to have a paid membership). The same internal player issues exist, which have been discussed with management, again with no resolution. Two defensive players injured/ill early in the season and the resignation of another defensive player from the team because of the internal issues brought about "pulling up" two defensemen. More issues developed when at least two players were suspended for fighting and dangerous play in games against the Columbus Blue Jackets. These internal player issues have been allowed to go unchecked despite multiple player and parent discussions with management, and yet another player resigned as a result. Recently, proof of illicit drug offenses by two players conducted while at a tournament in Toronto was brought to the attenion of and tolerated by management, which was the absolute breaking point for some. Winning, or at least their delusion of grandeur, is decidedly more important than integrity and morality to management. The team captain promptly resigned before the semi-final game of that tournament when one of the offenders was reinstated by management to play in that game. After a short-lived absence from the team following their return from Toronto and a team vote to keep him off the team, that same offender was reinstated on the team by management, which prompted the goalie's resignation shortly thereafter. Now, perhaps, the speculation of what is going on with the 16U team will finally end!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 1:41 PM, discodan said:

On 1/17/2020 at 1:41 PM, discodan said:

The truth of why my goalie son QUIT the 16 U AAA Predators team was because there were 2 kids smoking weed - at tournaments, in the locker room at practice, etc... one of the kids that were caught, quit after they were both suspended - the other was brought back even though the team took a vote and only 2 kids wanted the suspended problematic player brought back.

The suspended player is well kown for his repeated disciplinary issues on the ice and the bench, in the locker room and repeated drug use. The coach made the decision to bring him back anyway and said if anyone doesn't like that decision, they can leave. My son chose to leave, the night that the player was brought back. He said his goodbyes, shook hands with his teammates , wished them well, and we left Ice Castle.  The team captain also quit, for the same reasons. 

That’s correct - my son chose to quit. He wasn’t thrown off by the coach - he wasn’t pulled off by my wife or myself - he quit and we supported that decision 100%. We are proud of his decision. Some parents on the 16u AA TEAM were allegedly told that my son was thrown off of the team. That is 100% false. I want the record set straight. 

This is 100% factual - so much so that I am not anonymous. My name is Phil Isaly. My sons name is Ethan. We will never play for the Predators Organization again. You all can make up your own minds. 

• Like 11

It's very upsetting that the owner-coach KING OF THE CASTLE would allow a player to remain on the team after known illegal activity. Fear of not making MidAms is not an acceptable excuse... Good wishes for the future,  to players who went against the tyranny.

Edited by dropthepuck

17 hours ago, Phil said:

The truth of why my goalie son QUIT the 16 U AAA Predators team was because there were 2 kids smoking weed - at tournaments, in the locker room at practice, etc... one of the kids that were caught, quit after they were both suspended - the other was brought back even though the team took a vote and only 2 kids wanted the suspended problematic player brought back.

The suspended player is well kown for his repeated disciplinary issues on the ice and the bench, in the locker room and repeated drug use. The coach made the decision to bring him back anyway and said if anyone doesn't like that decision, they can leave. My son chose to leave, the night that the player was brought back. He said his goodbyes, shook hands with his teammates , wished them well, and we left Ice Castle.  The team captain also quit, for the same reasons. 

That’s correct - my son chose to quit. He wasn’t thrown off by the coach - he wasn’t pulled off by my wife or myself - he quit and we supported that decision 100%. We are proud of his decision. Some parents on the 16u AA TEAM were allegedly told that my son was thrown off of the team. That is 100% false. I want the record set straight. 

This is 100% factual - so much so that I am not anonymous. My name is Phil Isaly. My sons name is Ethan. We will never play for the Predators Organization again. You all can make up your own mi

Reading this message board here is what I’ve gathered about the predators. The 18s didn’t finish the season and disbanded, the 16s have some talent but have internal issues, no real coach, and will keep a kid around the team doesn’t want just to try and make the district tournament. The 15s flat out stink. Sounds like a great program. 

47 minutes ago, HSFBLJ said:

Do we consider the 61st ranked 14u AAA team in this discussion?  Probably would have done well in PAHL AA.

You guys crack me up.  I just glanced at the ranking.  105 teams in AAA 2005, 45 teams below them.  They’d be 5th (ish) in tier 2.  Not great, not bad.  As for the Preds as a whole, I’m not sure if I’d go back or not.  They are the same as every other club.  Some good things, some bad, some very bad.  Question is, do the pros out weigh the cons?

• 1 month later...